PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust issues...

Aaron94
12-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Hey everyone. i just recently put in a Pace Setter o/r X pipe in my 94. I was getting a vibration so i put the car back up on jack stands and noticed that the drivers tailpipe was resting on my torque arm, i guess the x-pipe was a bit longer than my old h-pipe. I got that issue fixed, and the vibration got better, but i still have one around 3k rpm, and then again around 5k i think. I dont really hear anything rattling anymore, but I can feel the vibration in the seat.

What do you all think about this? X-pipes = rattles/vibrations? motor mount go bad? the trans was out at the same time for a clutch, so i am going to get back under the car and re-torque everything again this weekend.

INPUT?!?!

cobrapace94
12-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Did you put the driveshaft back in in the same location? The drive shafts are indexed, so re installing it in a different location could cause the vibration.

Aaron94
12-05-2004, 08:51 PM
The drive shaft is brand new, custom balanced 3" aluminum unit. It actually cured a vibration I had at around 85 mph with my FRPP Alum shaft. The vibration I have now is at all speeds, including when stopped, at 3k rpm. It has nothing to do with the driveline.

cobrapace94
12-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Have you checked you harmonic balencer? The 94\95 balencers are known for going bad.
No other ideas?

Aaron94
12-09-2004, 02:07 AM
hmmm, ya i had pullies installed... could be an issue with that?