PDA

View Full Version : Might have a new addition to the family

Evilcartman
12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Went and test drove this last night, just so happened Sherri drove by and I stopped her. I wasn't really in the market, but casually looking since the '03 is showing signs of depression being left alone in the garage all day, you know, since the sale of the '68 it's been lonely. Sounds like we are about to make a deal tonight. The car needs some work, mostly to the body like the fender of which he is giving me a replacement, but it's a '93 Cobra damn it. :)

2KWhiteSnake
12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Went and test drove this last night, just so happened Sherri drove by and I stopped her. I wasn't really in the market, but casually looking since the '03 is showing signs of depression being left alone in the garage all day, you know, since the sale of the '68 it's been lonely. Sounds like we are about to make a deal tonight. The car needs some work, mostly to the body like the fender of which he is giving me a replacement, but it's a '93 Cobra damn it. :)

Very nice! Hope the deal pans out.

Craig

93KingCobra
12-15-2004, 12:39 AM
Dame you :mad: :mad:

I hate you!!! You always find the deals :edmond:

J/K :jk: That is really nice minus the fender ofcorse..What is the milage on it and are there any mods done to it..?

97CasperCobra
12-15-2004, 01:00 AM
That is really nice minus the fender ofcorse..What is the milage on it and are there any mods done to it..?

:stupid:

can't wait to see it....love :drool: over those '93s :thumbsup:

msmap
12-15-2004, 01:09 AM
I think the guy said there was 120k on it. The interior looks great, leather is in better shape than my 01 drivers seat. It is the guys daily driver, so needs alot of cleaning up but outside of the fender, it is a nice car :thumbsup:

Firme
12-15-2004, 01:11 AM
You go Keith :woot:

93 cobra :drool:

Levi
12-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Hope you get that house with the three-car garage or you’ll be sleeping in it. :rotf:

Congrats dude. :thumbsup: If you need any help getting it home call me, I have experience in the car handling aspects of 93 Cobra's :D

cobrapace94
12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Thats cool.. Good luck on the new addition. Push rods rule.. :bounce: :rotf:

Sold the 68?

John Chingasos
12-15-2004, 11:40 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I think the deal will go through on Friday. It's stock with a MAF, shifter, BBK headers and cat back. The guy has had it for 5 years. He bought it will 77K on it and now it has 118k. It's his daily driver. It has grey leather that is in good shape along with the rest of the interior. Needs paint real bad, but he is giving me a new fender. The rims are not perfect but will work.

Yes, the '68 is gone. Our home A/C broke, I sold the car, then found out I got 0% financing on the A/C for a year. So I have a year to come up with the $2,500. Might as well spend the money, right? I love the '68 and will miss it, but it needed to much and I'm more comfortable working on a fox body. I toy with the idea of selling the '03, but before I do, I want to get settled in a '93 and see if I can live with it.

I would like to get the three car, but we have to find one in our price range and in Fairfield since we like it out there so much. We are looking to downsize our house and biggy size the garage. We have a formal living room we don't use, so it would fit us better with a 3 car. Angela is fine with me buying this car, but neither of us like the Taurus sitting outside again.

97CasperCobra
12-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Love it Keith....looks lowered...or is that stock ride height for the 93s???

Wish I knew if my friend still had his Black '93...he always talked of selling it. '93 w/under 30K miles, blown w/cowl hood. Ran mid 12's.....really nice inside and out. I may get in touch w/him, but I think he wanted like low 20K for it. :(

Evilcartman
12-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Love it Keith....looks lowered...or is that stock ride height for the 93s???

Wish I knew if my friend still had his Black '93...he always talked of selling it. '93 w/under 30K miles, blown w/cowl hood. Ran mid 12's.....really nice inside and out. I may get in touch w/him, but I think he wanted like low 20K for it. :(

Yeah, it has Eibach's on it. Yeah, low 20's is more than three times what I'm looking to spend, but it sounds nice. I would have bought Mark's '93 it I had the money. He sold his for only $14k.

Carl G
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Way to go Keith. Looks good from the pics :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Hope you get that house with the three-car garage or you’ll be sleeping in it. :rotf:

Congrats dude. :thumbsup: If you need any help getting it home call me, I have experience in the car handling aspects of 93 Cobra's :D

Alright buddy. I got it today. Had to change the name of the thread. I will be tinkering with it tonight and until about 3 tomorrow. Give me a shout if you want to come out.

Levi
12-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Alright buddy. I got it today. Had to change the name of the thread. I will be tinkering with it tonight and until about 3 tomorrow. Give me a shout if you want to come out.

SWEEEEEEEEET :thumbsup: :D :) ;) :p :cool: :bounce:

Firme
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
WOOOOHOOOOO :eek::thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:
:woot: :woot:

more pics :bounce: :ttiwwop:

and bring it to HRP tonight :D

cobrapace94
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Cool find Keith. Any plans for mods????? Congrats, we know how you always wanted to get another Fox.

Evilcartman
12-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Cool find Keith. Any plans for mods????? Congrats, we know how you always wanted to get another Fox.

Mostly returning is back to stock what I want. Maybe leave a few things like the shifter and exhaust. I just want it to look like it did new.

John Chingasos
12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Mostly returning is back to stock what I want. Maybe leave a few things like the shifter and exhaust. I just want it to look like it did new.

Congrats Keith!!!

Are you going to be able to handle having 200 less horspower than your 03???

Bingo13
12-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Congrats Keith!

I wanted to keep my old foxbody stock also and then the urge for a little 408 hit me. :D
http://www.garykey.net/engine.jpg
I wish I could find a cheap '93 Cobra in Teal, would sell the white whale and start over in a FoxBody if I had the chance.

ORANGE CRUSH
12-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Sweeeeet:thumbsup: Are you gona sell the 03???

Evilcartman
12-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Sweeeeet:thumbsup: Are you gona sell the 03???

I haven't decided yet. That is the reason I bought this. I wanted to see if I could live with a '93 and without my '03. I will decide once I get the '93 cleaned up. I replaced the rack and pinion this weekend and the dented fender. I just need to do the interior and get it painted.

John Chingasos
12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
I haven't decided yet. That is the reason I bought this. I wanted to see if I could live with a '93 and without my '03. I will decide once I get the '93 cleaned up. I replaced the rack and pinion this weekend and the dented fender. I just need to do the interior and get it painted.

I dont know if you remember just how slow the Fox bodies are compared to your beast of an 03 plus the brakes sux and there pretty uncomfortable and squekk a whole bunch but dammit its a cool car........... :thumbsup: Cant wait to see it fixed up.

Evilcartman
12-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I dont know if you remember just how slow the Fox bodies are compared to your beast of an 03 plus the brakes sux and there pretty uncomfortable and squekk a whole bunch but dammit its a cool car........... :thumbsup: Cant wait to see it fixed up.

I know. I was reminded on the drive home. But I could buy a hand full of '93s for the price of my '03. Once I get it fixed up, I will grab a chair, take the car cover off the '03, site in my garage between the two, drink a beer and figure out which one has to go.

Twice Bitten
12-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I know. I was reminded on the drive home. But I could buy a hand full of '93s for the price of my '03. Once I get it fixed up, I will grab a chair, take the car cover off the '03, site in my garage between the two, drink a beer and figure out which one has to go.

Neither :nope:

Firme
12-30-2004, 01:39 PM
:stupid: :edmond:

Levi
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM

The '93 would look really good in my garage. Right, Like that will happen. :rotf:

Evilcartman
12-30-2004, 01:49 PM

That is a very hard sell to the wife, at least for me. ;)

msmap
01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
That is a very hard sell to the wife, at least for me. ;)

Tell Angela it is Kevin's car :D

Evilcartman
01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Tell Angela it is Kevin's car :D

Then she would be really mad since he has 15 more years before he can drive.

Bingo13
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM

Tell her it is Scott's car.
:p

Evilcartman
01-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Tell her it is Scott's car.
:p

No comment buddy. If that was the case, it would look like that beast you had. ;)

Twice Bitten
01-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Tell her she can drive it for him in the mean time while you are waiting for Kevin to grow into it :D :thumbsup: :bounce:

Evilcartman
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Tell her she can drive it for him in the mean time while you are waiting for Kevin to grow into it :D :thumbsup: :bounce:

Damn, 15 years of insurance so she can drive it? That plan has a few holes in it. :p

Twice Bitten
01-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Damn, 15 years of insurance so she can drive it? That plan has a few holes in it. :p

Insure it under a collectors policy, does not cost very much :thumbsup: