PDA

View Full Version : Clutch???

Why Try?
12-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Got a question, when im in gear with the clutch in i can hear a turning sound, almost like somthing making friction. When the clutch is out it is not as present as it is when the clutch is pushed in. The sound seems to be comming from the the engine bay, ANy help????

Abneriel
12-16-2004, 12:26 PM
does it sound like a "chirp chirp chirp..." if so, its your throw out bearing

Lumpydogs
12-16-2004, 05:02 PM
It's just noise from the tranny. I see by your sig that you have an aftermarket shifter. The aftermarkets have much less noise dampening and
therefore transmit more vibration and noise from the tranny. I have the
same thing in my car. If you swap out your tranny fluid to Mobil synthetic
ATF (or similar) you will hear slightly less noise and shift easier when
the tranny is cold. I wouldn't worry about.

Butcher
12-17-2004, 03:07 AM
It's just noise from the tranny. I see by your sig that you have an aftermarket shifter. The aftermarkets have much less noise dampening and
therefore transmit more vibration and noise from the tranny. I have the
same thing in my car. If you swap out your tranny fluid to Mobil synthetic
ATF (or similar) you will hear slightly less noise and shift easier when
the tranny is cold. I wouldn't worry about.
The 4.6 mptpr will eat the clutch, read earlier posts. Hard to drag race one under 10 secs with the tranny/rear end.

You can set it up properly depending if you want to open track it, or drag race it

JImmie

Why Try?
12-17-2004, 08:40 AM
does it sound like a "chirp chirp chirp..." if so, its your throw out bearingyes i can hear a chirp, chirp comming from the car, im a driver not a mechanic so i hope its not to exspensive to get it fixed :(

Why Try?
12-17-2004, 02:17 PM
does it sound like a "chirp chirp chirp..." if so, its your throw out bearing
yep thats what the transmission guy just told me, i just dropped off my car so we will see how much damage ($) its going to cost me, there goes my springs and struts i was going to buy myslef for christmas :mad:

Why Try?
12-17-2004, 05:22 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf: 807.00 dollars to be correct, thats what happens when you "wait till next week", had to get a hole new clutch and fly wheel.

Abneriel
12-18-2004, 05:32 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf: 807.00 dollars to be correct, thats what happens when you "wait till next week", had to get a hole new clutch and fly wheel.
geez...I wouldn't think it would come to that...are you sure he's not just ripping you off? Mine went out completely (squealed extremely loud when the clutch was out) and all I needed to replace was the TOB itself...cost was $250 parts and labor