PDA

View Full Version : 3d Mustang-medallions "snake" arrived the other day

ausie
12-17-2004, 07:37 AM
I ordered the 3d Cobra emblem sometime around Thanksgiving and it finnaly arrived on Monday. I had to place the order by phone since the web site did not take orders on the net. I was told it was on back order, but it was worth the wait in all respects. It is similar to the fender emblems in some ways and will look great sitting in the spot the plastic pony now resisdes. :D

Firme
12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
2 things..

:eek: those things cost some money,

and the obligatory :ttiwwop:

ausie
12-18-2004, 09:42 AM
For starters, it is not on the Cobra yet, and secondly I should become an SCMC member so that I can post attachements. Funny I have not taken any pictures of the new Cobra yet. I am waiting for the temps to warm up a bit so I can put the Scott Winger SS letters on the bumper. Also, need to upgrade the fuel filler door to something different. Pictures will be comming with before and after shots. Time to upgrade my membership status.

ausie
12-18-2004, 10:49 AM
I would post the pictures if I had the ability to do so. As for now I am unable to do such. Is there a way to post pictures without having a web page to do so?

Firme
12-18-2004, 11:47 AM
ahh man, I would have figured as involved as you are with the forums, you would have definitly become official by now..

the fastest way to post pics :D

http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=1&cat=0&page=

or

http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=9&cat=0&page=

:D (hey with that terminator, you would make the fee back in no time with the vendor discounts for members http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mechandise/vendor.htm )

or.. you can email them to firme@svtcobraclub.com and I will temp host them for you to post em.

nckissfan
12-18-2004, 08:18 PM
those snakes do not fit on the 94-98 Cobras, just 99 and up. They do cost a hefty sum of money. My wife called them, to get one for me, $160, something like that. Yes, I would love to see a picture. And, Ausie you have been here this long, and have not joined the club:eek: ?

ausie
12-19-2004, 10:14 AM
I joined finnaly! Member no. 227 :D. I hate missing out on all the fun! I installed the snake on the Cobra. It took a little time since my fingers are a bit too bit and I kept dropping the nut down onto one of the coolers in front of the radiator. I had to use the small key wrench supplied with the kit to guide the nut on the bottom screw post. I also needed to add a few rubber washers to the bottom post since the bottom of the snake was touching the bumper cover. SWEET. The total cost was $170.00 (included shipping). I need to take pictures of it on the car since it looks much better there than on my desk. I will email them to firme today for posting. It may take a bit before I can post attachements on my own since it is still indicating "you may not post attachments" in the posting rule box.

cobrabitn
12-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Eric,

Edmond can give you access for the picture posting. Welcome to the club, we're glad you joined! You're membership invoice number is 227 but your SCMC number is 01259. ;)

Tony

I'm bannerless but what can I say? :(

wrenchturner
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I still havent gotten my cobra for my grille yet. waiting on your pics to see how it looks :)

ausie
12-20-2004, 07:39 AM
:D I can now post attachements! COOL :cool:

ausie
12-20-2004, 07:41 AM
thank you Tony for the correct number.

cobra330
12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Looks nice but, to rich for my blood...I want HP for $170.00....but, it does look nice...and I am sure you won't see to many other cars around with them. :thumbsup:

casey99COBRA
12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
:D I can now post attachements! COOL :cool: that looks pretty cool, but i don't know about $170.00, that would buy me a JLT CAI lol.

InfamousSVT
12-21-2004, 04:57 AM
That looks sweet Ausie!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ausie
12-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the input and replies. I know, it does not make it go faster or add extra ponies to it. Neither did the aftermarket wheels and they cost far more than the emblem or stainless inserts for the rear bumper. It does set it apart from other mustangs. I guess I still have the need to make it look different than a v6 mustang blues from owning a 2001 SVT. What was nice about having the same hood as the v6 sort of made a sleeper out of it except for the two notes from the rear. As for the 04 and 03 SVT's there is no doubt what you are looking at when you see one from any angle. Just changing small part can and will change the perception of others. People at work thought I bought a new car when I changed the wheels on the 01. I may even add some billet parts to the interior. I would like to get my hands on some polished vents for the hood (stainless steel or polished aluminum). Of course I would like to port the eaton and have it polished up too. That will come later after I convince myself the 04 is a slug.