PDA

View Full Version : Prayers with Sherri

Codes
12-17-2004, 09:47 PM
I know that most of you have probably heard already, but Phillip (Focus Phil) had a wreck today while driving home from San Antonio. I van ran him off the road and caused him to flip his Focus a few times. I talked to him and he is doing ok, he has been released from the hospital with a few scratches and a sore neck. Lets all keep him in our thoughts and prayers...

Topless In Tex
12-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Sherri,
I am sure you will not see this soon. Funny, the one time we could hook up, you had an unexpected tragedy. I hope that your son is okay, and that you will be bringing him home, real soon. It was good to talk to you tonight. Just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my prayers, and I hope that all will be okay....That he walked out of it, is a good sign!!!! PLEASE CALL ME TOMORROW...let me know whats up!
I missed you tonight at the track! Call me this weekend....please..I will be dealing w/ this Xmas stuff I don want to deal w/. I could use some company! i'm sorry we missed you at the track tonight... Paul ran the Z06. Hes snoozing now. I am wound up. Imagine that!. :eek:
:banana:TNT:banana:

Just want all of yall to keep Sherri in your prayers. This time of year is hard enough, much less having to deal w/ things like this...
God Bless You.
CC

97CasperCobra
12-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Yes....Phillip was in my thoughts tonight and is in them now. I'm glad he's alright aside from the minor scrapes and bruises. The Focus can be replaced.....even though a great car, there's another one out there. Please keep us updated on him and the situation with what happened/happens. Hope to see him and you all out soon. :thumbsup:

Lthl Venom 03
12-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Yes....Phillip was in my thoughts tonight and is in them now. I'm glad he's alright aside from the minor scrapes and bruises. The Focus can be replaced.....even though a great car, there's another one out there. Please keep us updated on him and the situation with what happened/happens. Hope to see him and you all out soon. :thumbsup:

my thoughts exactly :(

raven69david
12-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. This is the greatest season for celebrating the birth of christ. All who believe in him shall be healed. I strongly believe in this saying and i know everything will be fine. God Bless.

Z06 Chic
12-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Sherri,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and of course Phillip. I hope he's doing ok. Call me if you need anything.

Firme
12-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Phillip is in our thoughts and prayers. I am so glad he was able to walk away from such a horrible thing. As cool as a car can be, it is never as precious as human life. I am glad that Phillip is ok Sherri, I couldn't imagine the stress that put all of you through.

cobrapace94
12-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Get well soon Phillip... We are all thinking & praying for you.
Don't worry about the car, as said it can be replace.

93KingCobra
12-18-2004, 12:37 PM
As in any time of need you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Glad to here Phillip is OK. Keep us posted on everything.

Flip_Lx
12-18-2004, 12:43 PM
well thank you all for the prayers and keeping me in your thougts. it all happened yesterday and im not as sore as i would have figuered. thankfully nothing majored happend and since i have the bandages off for now we took a few pics. drop me a PM if your a sicko and want to see em. will hopefully have pics of the car soon.

phillip

msmap
12-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Thank you, all, for the prayers and good thoughts. Phillip looks like he was in a fight and lost :( He is doing ok, walking slow and stiff, but otherwise fine thank God. The Focus is wasted, none of the air bags went off, not even the side ones and he was broadsided on his way to flipping :mad: His Guardian Angel was deffinitely sitting on his shoulder for this ride. Told him he needs to change his sreeen name to Flipped_lx now. Stress levels are coming down after finally falling asleep. cyas

97CasperCobra
12-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Told him he needs to change his sreeen name to Flipped_lx now. Stress levels are coming down after finally falling asleep. cyas

yea...when I got to Darrell's I was like...OMG...his screen name is Flip....fitting now. :(

Good to see everyone in the family is doing better. Phillip, post the pics as links.....that was us "sickos" can see if we want to. Now let's get you in another Focus. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
12-18-2004, 03:51 PM
OMG Sherri! I'm glad he is alright and like everyone else said he can get another Focus! He was real lucky!! You and your family are in my prayers!

Kim

jimmysidecarr
12-18-2004, 08:38 PM
well thank you all for the prayers and keeping me in your thougts. it all happened yesterday and im not as sore as i would have figuered. thankfully nothing majored happend and since i have the bandages off for now we took a few pics. drop me a PM if your a sicko and want to see em. will hopefully have pics of the car soon.

phillip

Glad you are Ok Phillip!!!
It was nice to meet you at Dyno Day!!

But Dude ... seriously...

You have got to change that user name !!!

It's DANGEROUS!!!

How about...

FateTester???................J/K :jk:

Get all healed up soon!
Cars are replaceable...

You are not!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Bartman01
12-20-2004, 01:06 AM
it all happened yesterday and im not as sore as i would have figuered.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad to hear you are ok.

ZincYellowCobra
12-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Sherri -- I am so sorry to hear about the accident but relieved to know that Philip is doing OK, thank God.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Andy M
12-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Thank you, all, for the prayers and good thoughts. Phillip looks like he was in a fight and lost :( He is doing ok, walking slow and stiff, but otherwise fine thank God. The Focus is wasted, none of the air bags went off, not even the side ones and he was broadsided on his way to flipping :mad: His Guardian Angel was deffinitely sitting on his shoulder for this ride. Told him he needs to change his sreeen name to Flipped_lx now. Stress levels are coming down after finally falling asleep. cyasSherri,

Glad to hear that he will be ok. As others have mentioned, the car can be replaced.

What's up with the airbags not deploying???? :eek:

Levi
12-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Phillip glad to hear your OK. Hang in there,,,,,,,,,,,get r dun. :D

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Glad everyone is OK...thinking about you Sherri and family.

Flip_Lx
12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Heres the pics from today adn some from saturday of the cuts and such. feeling a lot better now(only shoulder really hurting, neck is good arm is scabbing over)

http://www.chihping.us/download/phil

97CasperCobra
12-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Heres the pics from today adn some from saturday of the cuts and such. feeling a lot better now(only shoulder really hurting, neck is good arm is scabbing over)

maybe we should put a work warning on this....I see nipple....Phil...calm down buddy....I'm sure he's too young for you. :p

Glad to hear you're doing better Phillip, hope to see you out soon. Keep us updated on the insurance deal and if you need any help looking for a new Focus. :thumbsup:

Flip_Lx
12-20-2004, 08:57 PM
maybe we should put a work warning on this....I see nipple....Phil...calm down buddy....I'm sure he's too young for you. :p

Glad to hear you're doing better Phillip, hope to see you out soon. Keep us updated on the insurance deal and if you need any help looking for a new Focus. :thumbsup:
Insurance i can tell is already going to be fun. We(well mostly my mom) called today got her insurance talked with them and she put in a claim agianst my excessive speed(because my speeding in the left lane put the damage on the right side of her front end). Trooper said his report will show her at fault for the whole cause of things. and please if you do see a new or used SVTF(with low miles) let me know asap. Mom's getting worried i might go import with a mazda3 or 6 :D

97CasperCobra
12-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Trooper said his report will show her at fault for the whole cause of things. and please if you do see a new or used SVTF(with low miles) let me know asap. Mom's getting worried i might go import with a mazda3 or 6 :D

that's good the trooper is working with ya'll....and we'll keep an eye out. :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
I am so glad to hear that your son is doing OK and that you have him home. We all love our cars but the plain fact is they are just a piece of metal with a motor. The life of a human cannot be measured especially a loved one. What better time of year to remember the one's we love and to give thanks for what really is important "family" Keep us up todate and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. :thumbsup:

Codes
12-22-2004, 12:14 AM
So what about the airbags. They should have deployed right?

Codes
12-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Insurance i can tell is already going to be fun. We(well mostly my mom) called today got her insurance talked with them and she put in a claim agianst my excessive speed(because my speeding in the left lane put the damage on the right side of her front end). Trooper said his report will show her at fault for the whole cause of things. and please if you do see a new or used SVTF(with low miles) let me know asap. Mom's getting worried i might go import with a mazda3 or 6 :D
There is a guy selling a 300 fwhp Vorteched SVTF on ebay (I think, I know you can get in contact with him through SVTP)...Sonic Blue, built bottom end, tuned by Turbo Tom...really really nice setup. I think he is asking 20k for it, and I think its got like very few miles.

93KingCobra
12-22-2004, 10:53 PM

So Flip what are you looking for IE: 3 door, 5 door, new or used just incase we see something out there for ya..?

Phil

P.S. here are some I found for ya hope it helps..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=170986863&dealer_id=72303&car_year=2003&make=FORD&distance=any&max_price=60000&model=FOCUS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=1000&first_record=126&address=77450&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=2001&=&color=&cardist=32

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=169666531&dealer_id=70696&car_year=2003&make=FORD&distance=any&max_price=60000&model=FOCUS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=1000&first_record=126&address=77450&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=2001&=&color=&cardist=126

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=173083542&dealer_id=69939&car_year=2003&make=FORD&distance=any&max_price=60000&model=FOCUS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=1000&first_record=126&address=77450&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=2001&=&color=&cardist=200

97CasperCobra
12-23-2004, 12:10 AM
So Flip what are you looking for IE: 3 door, 5 door, new or used just incase we see something out there for ya..?

Phil

P.S. here are some I found for ya hope it helps..
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=169666531&dealer_id=70696&car_year=2003&make=FORD&distance=any&max_price=60000&model=FOCUS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=1000&first_record=126&address=77450&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=2001&=&color=&cardist=126

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=173083542&dealer_id=69939&car_year=2003&make=FORD&distance=any&max_price=60000&model=FOCUS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=1000&first_record=126&address=77450&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=2001&=&color=&cardist=200

Those 2 don't look to bad Phil...nice job man. Think Phillip just wants something low mileage....I like the Red one myself. :thumbsup: And didn't they kill the SVT Focus, so the only way to get them is used???

msmap
12-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Not sure yet what Phliiy is up to, he isn't either. As we already knew, the car is totaled and the kicker is the lady only has state minimum, 15K liability. Somehow I don't think that is gonna cover an 03 SVT Focus and an 03 Ford pickup :( The adjuster said we had to share it, so since we pay out the nose for insurance to be good and responsible citizens in society to take care of the other guy should we hit or hurt him, we had to file on our insurance. This really is so full of #$%^ but whaddaya gonna do? I did find 4 new, silver 04 SVT Focus' in BFE, Texas but gotta wait and see what the kiddie has up his sleeve. Unfortunately Mazda is a word that keeps popping up :(

Is that you Richard, lurking? Did I catch ya? huh, huh, huh :bounce:

93KingCobra
12-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Not sure yet what Phliiy is up to, he isn't either. As we already knew, the car is totaled and the kicker is the lady only has state minimum, 15K liability. Somehow I don't think that is gonna cover an 03 SVT Focus and an 03 Ford pickup :( The adjuster said we had to share it, so since we pay out the nose for insurance to be good and responsible citizens in society to take care of the other guy should we hit or hurt him, we had to file on our insurance. This really is so full of #$%^ but whaddaya gonna do? I did find 4 new, silver 04 SVT Focus' in BFE, Texas but gotta wait and see what the kiddie has up his sleeve. Unfortunately Mazda is a word that keeps popping up :(

Is that you Richard, lurking? Did I catch ya? huh, huh, huh :bounce:

At least he want to keep it in the Ford family..although it would be a very distant cousin.. :D

Phillip go with the Focus..IMO

93KingCobra
12-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Those 2 don't look to bad Phil...nice job man. Think Phillip just wants something low mileage....I like the Red one myself. :thumbsup: And didn't they kill the SVT Focus, so the only way to get them is used???

I'm with ya Mikey I like the red one also but the black one sure does have some low miles..Can't go wrong w/BLACK :D

Firme
12-23-2004, 12:29 PM
.....the car is totaled and the kicker is the lady only has state minimum, 15K liability. Somehow I don't think that is gonna cover an 03 SVT Focus and an 03 Ford pickup :( The adjuster said we had to share it,....
that is just so wrong, its not funny :nope: :mad: :chairshot :(

sorry you guys got to go through this BS..

03 cobra toy
12-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Wow !! I'm glad your son is ok !!

Live life like it's your last day.... Just my .02$

Codes
12-24-2004, 11:33 AM
At least he want to keep it in the Ford family..although it would be a very distant cousin.. :D

Phillip go with the Focus..IMO
More like...go with this Focus. Eh...EHHHHHH.:thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/ARRRLISSA/dc_12_sb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/ARRRLISSA/a7_12_sb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/ARRRLISSA/91_12_sb.jpg

97CasperCobra
12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=Codes]More like...go with this Focus. Eh...EHHHHHH.:thumbsup: [\QUOTE]

Naaaa....I like/love/lust this one SOOO much better. :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/focusrs803_01.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/focusrs803_engine.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/03/focusrs803_engine3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Codes
12-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Hawwwwt. The RS8 is indeed awesome, but I doubt you could build it for 20 grand when the 5.0 alone cost what...like 15k. Man thats a hot car though.

Flip_Lx
12-24-2004, 09:38 PM
AS my mom said im still tossing up ideas from anything to everything really. Got another good price sent to us on an 04SVTF(only ones i can find are fuggin silver with blue....Cody would think im copying him). Still I really am fond of the Mazda3 hatch(well i like the 6 more but to expensive for me). Dont think id go for the srt-4 but the thought of a 1.8t GTI still makes me think(not to mention the 95 cobra on ebay and all the other fun stuff on ebaymotors)......danm woman taking away a car i was happy with and making me choose from a market that has grown even more.(you know im thinking of scarying my mom by looking into a Scion TC :D ) oh well happy holidays folks will let you know what i end up getting when insurance money is coming my way.

Codes
12-25-2004, 12:21 AM
AS my mom said im still tossing up ideas from anything to everything really. Got another good price sent to us on an 04SVTF(only ones i can find are fuggin silver with blue....Cody would think im copying him). Still I really am fond of the Mazda3 hatch(well i like the 6 more but to expensive for me). Dont think id go for the srt-4 but the thought of a 1.8t GTI still makes me think(not to mention the 95 cobra on ebay and all the other fun stuff on ebaymotors)......danm woman taking away a car i was happy with and making me choose from a market that has grown even more.(you know im thinking of scarying my mom by looking into a Scion TC :D ) oh well happy holidays folks will let you know what i end up getting when insurance money is coming my way.
Dude, we could be twinsies:rotf: . I really like the Mazda 3 hatches and the 1.8t GTI. The SRT-4 is a blast to drive, boost is good (but I like the looks of the GTI better personally).

Flip_Lx
12-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Mazda3 has can you believe it a center console.......ugh decisions decisions, just got my christmas presents that were supposed to go on the foucs :( parents gotme the redline tuning floor mats and cargo mat with SVT(in red) on them

93KingCobra
12-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Can you buy this one so I can drive it :D

Flip_Lx
12-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Can you buy this one so I can drive it :D
man thats ugly phil, almost ricey, but i know better....WRC correct?(or whats the WR_) and um my budget is really really low. i could probably cover the cost of importing to the US and converting it Texas legal but dont think i could buy the car itself, if you want to buy the car and i cover import im sure we could share.....

93KingCobra
12-30-2004, 03:11 AM
man thats ugly phil, almost ricey, but i know better....WRC correct?(or whats the WR_) .

It may be ricey but man that thing would be fun to haul some ass in :D

Flip_Lx
12-30-2004, 01:04 PM
well Phil you buy it i cover import then. And heres an update if anyone else reads this. Price talks teh most sos its either an 04 SVTF 3-door or 5-door both CD Silver with Blue inserts(Cody's car). we just got a low enough price on the 5-door so thats what i'd like to get

jimmysidecarr
12-30-2004, 09:12 PM
I vote a 3 door SVT Focus.... color of your choice.... a KILLER budget open track car!!!....

PLUS!!! with "a few" mods.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/SeriousFreakingAir.jpg

Jimmy :thumbsup:
PS: I love the stone/rock/stump deflectors on the rear lower control arms!!!
And I love the Teeth on the heat exchanger(intercooler) grille work!!!