PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple

SVTcobra04
12-18-2004, 02:33 PM
anyone used there products.are they good and do what they say they do.

tazzracing1
12-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Royal Purple products ar great. I have friends that run it in their sand trucks and street vehicals I hve ran it in several cars also and had very good results with quicker rpms and a little better gas mileage. I will also don't start using it until you have about 5000 miles on your car otherwise the motor will not properly break in. I also use their gear oil in my axle looks some what thin but is very tacky and bonds to the surface eally well. Yes it is worth the extra money.

SVTcobra04
12-18-2004, 07:17 PM
ok thanks for the reply.ill pick some up.

SVTcobra04
12-18-2004, 07:19 PM
is that STA-BIL stuff good.should I put it in this winter.ill be keeping my cobra out once or twice a week.I might take it on some long highway runs,it wont mees it up if I do will it.

jack
12-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I use STA-BIL in my lawnmower and have great summer startup with it. I've never used it in my cars. I only get to drive my car about once or twice a week(company vehicle) and never had fuel problems. I would use some gas dry if you live in a cold area, it can hurt.

ausie
12-20-2004, 07:59 AM
I have used Royal purple, but only once in the 2001 Cobra. I put 1000 miles on it with the purple juice then traded it in. Royal purple is a lower cost synthetic as compared with AMSOIL racing oils. I am goint to stick with AMSOIL in the 04. Amsoil is about $1.00 to $2.00 more per quart than Royal purple. I get some good deals since I have a Friend who is an Amsoil dealer. Red line is also a good product to use as well. One thing I have noticed is that synthetics will atomize more than conventional oils. In other words, fine mist of oil created by pressure, over head cams and lifters will eventually wind up passing through the PCV line during WOT conditions. You will get a certain amount of passage with conventional motor oils too. It is best to have an oil trap on the PCV line or use crank case breathers. One week before trading in the 01 I installed an oil separator on the PCV line which really trapped alot of oil before it winds up in the intake. When you add it to a supercharged motor with an intercooler, there is more surface area to get coated with oil which will tend to clog the vains in the intercooler. Just my opinion.