PDA

View Full Version : January club meet, which day can you attend?

Firme
12-20-2004, 09:42 AM
For most people, this is a hectic time of the year, and there is not enough free time to do a whole lot till things settle down, so I wanted to see when would be a good day to have our January monthly meet.

I just wanted to gauge the date interest first :)

You can pick multiple dates, so if you can make two of those dates, choose two, or all three.

93KingCobra
12-20-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm good for all three dates...For now I have nothing planned..

Levi
12-20-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm good for all three dates...For now I have nothing planned..

Me Too. :D

Bartman01
12-20-2004, 06:52 PM
22nd is probably the only date that works for me.

Firme
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I changed it to where your vote for the 15th doesn't count against the total Bart

Bartman01
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I changed it to where your vote for the 15th doesn't count against the total Bart

Saw that, thanks.

Jesse99
12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Well I won't be able to make it.. Man I need to move closer to you guys.. If I can get a new IRS put on before January I'll be there, but it looks unlikely since I can't find one here at a reasonable price.. Anyway hopefully I'll see everyone soon.. Later

Firme
12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Well I won't be able to make it.. Man I need to move closer to you guys.. If I can get a new IRS put on before January I'll be there, but it looks unlikely since I can't find one here at a reasonable price.. Anyway hopefully I'll see everyone soon.. Later
Jesse, we miss you man :(

what do you need replaced on the IRS ???? you should be able to fix anything wrong with it without having to do a complete swap. Let us know :)

Jesse99
12-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Well I have about an 1" of play when I shift gears or take off or even when I'm crusing.. I took it to the dealer and they told be I needed a new Differential and some other stuff.. He said it would cost me $3200 plus change I'm afraid he's trying to take me since I know nothing about the IRS on these cars.. I figure if it cost that much to fix my car I might as well replace the IRS..

Firme
12-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Well I have about an 1" of play when I shift gears or take off or even when I'm crusing.. I took it to the dealer and they told be I needed a new Differential and some other stuff.. He said it would cost me $3200 plus change I'm afraid he's trying to take me since I know nothing about the IRS on these cars.. I figure if it cost that much to fix my car I might as well replace the IRS..
that is too much, they are trying to jip ya.

Are you keeping the IRS or doing a Solid Axle swap (strict drag racer? or cruiser/ road racer?)

BTW, Jimmy aka Butcher , just swapped in a big time drag setup in his car, and I believe he has his stock 04 IRS complete. Might want to talk to him.

Jesse99
12-23-2004, 03:08 PM
I sent you a PM

Codes
12-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Really any of those days work for me as of now...that might change but I would really like to attend.:bounce:

97CasperCobra
12-24-2004, 11:56 AM
I think that wherever we have the Jan meet, be it at someone's house, it'd be good to know what dates those who may be able to host it. :dunno:

Firme
12-24-2004, 01:22 PM
good Point Mike... didn't you say you might have an opening :D

Also, we could have 2 get together in January....

1. Member appreciation get together at someone house (Sorta Like a Bar-BQ)

2. Henry's suggestion of doing the Go Kart racing. (I believe Stan was looking into this for us with the new Kart place that openned..)

Maybe one on the 8th, and one on the 22nd to spread it out :dunno:

97CasperCobra
12-24-2004, 07:34 PM
good Point Mike... didn't you say you might have an opening :D

Also, we could have 2 get together in January....

1. Member appreciation get together at someone house (Sorta Like a Bar-BQ)

Good idea.....I can host something that first weekend in Jan. :thumbsup: We can talk about events for 2005.

2. Henry's suggestion of doing the Go Kart racing. (I believe Stan was looking into this for us with the new Kart place that openned..)

Test N Tune at HRP starts up on Jan 29th. :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-24-2004, 09:56 PM
January is going to be a really busy month for me. From the 3rd thru the 7th I will be in Los Angelas, chicago, then January 17th thru 20th have to be in Detroit. Post the best date for everyone and if I am in town will try to make it. The go-cart thing sounds like a blast.

Levi
12-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Here are the options we have at this time. Check this info out and if this does not answer your questions, I will call them for the answer.

Note:The Kartzone NEW! Weekend Race Pass. Does look like a good deal.

Kartzone Houston Indoor Karting™ Specials!
Monday - 1/2 OFF Racing is BACK! Come in on Monday nights and enjoy the racing action at 1/2 price. Valid on Arrive & Drive and Arrive & Race Sessions. Individuals only.

Tuesday & Wednesday - NEW SPECIAL - 2004 - New Drive Specials are going to be a huge hit. Come in and drive on either Tuesday or Wednesday and enjoy these savings.

1st Drive - $15 / 2nd Drive - $12 / 3rd Drive - $10
Purchase 3 Drives up front and save more, 3 for $35.

Valid on Arrive & Drive 8 minute sessions

Thursday - 2 for 1 Arrive & Races. Buy 1 Arrive & Race Session and get the second one FREE!

NOW ALL WEEKEND - Fri, Sat, & Sun. - NEW Team Up Racing will allow you and your friends to enjoy the racing action at a discounted price. Valid on Arrive & Race Sessions Friday and Saturday from 11am till Midnight and Sunday from 11am till 6pm.

2 Racers - $50 = $25 per driver
3 Racers - $60 = $20 per driver
4 Racers - $70 = $17 per driver
5 Racers - $80 = $16 per driver
6 Racers - $90 = $15 per driver

NEW! Weekend Race Pass. - 10 Arrive & Drive Sessions for $100, that's only $10 a Drive. Weekend Race Pass valid only on Arrive & Drives, same weekend of purchase and same driver.

OR

Track21 Indoor Karting

Monday – Friday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – Midnight
Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Pricing Adults (16 years and up or 62” and taller) with valid street license
Single race without membership (8 minutes sessions)
Headsock (required and reusable) $2,-

Annual Memberships:
VIP Memberships: $2,500
includes unlimited racing, T-shirt, waivers on file and reservations

Full Membership: $50.00
Free race at time of purchase, free birthday race, T-shirt, headsock, waivers on file, reservations, Race Package Purchases.

Associate Membership: $25.00
Free race at time of purchase, free birthday race, headsock, waivers on file, Race Package Purchases.

Adult License: $10.00
Waivers on file, Race Package Purchases

Prices:
1 race: $17.50
6 races: $100 ($16.67 per race)
16 races: $250 ($15.63 per race)
36 races: $500 ($13.89 per race)
87 races: for $999 ($11.48 per race)

Any person without a valid street license or previous indoor karting experience may
1) get comfortable on the Indy Track for at least one session prior to moving to the F1 Track or
2) take the Rookie Racing School for $30.

Pricing Juniors: (8-15 years or 54" - 62")
After completing Rookie Racing School, junior drivers can race the single races at the prices below.
Rookie Racing School (includes 1 year membership) $30

Membership Includes:
one race
headsock
locker access
free birthday race
membership card
access to running specials
t-shirt
waivers on file

Coming soon: Rookie Racing School is mandatory for new Track 21 drivers regardless of prior karting experience. ALL junior drivers (8-15 years) must complete the Rookie Racing School.
Single Race 10 minute racing experience $15.

:: MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE ::
If you race 3 laps around and are in any way dissatisfied, you may request a refund of your track fee.

:: RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY ::
When making reservations for an open event at Track 21, members will be asked to guarantee their bookings using a valid credit card.

Up to 24 hours before the reserved time slot, members may make changes, including full cancellation, to their reservation.

Within 24 hours of the reserved time slot, only additions can be made to the reservation and the customer guarantees that all reserved driver slots will be paid for.

Customers must arrive and check in at least 10 minutes prior to their reserved time slot or be considered a no show.

Upon arrival, customers may pay for their reserved driver slots individually. In the event that less drivers show than the reservation calls for, the customer who reserved the slots will be required to pay for the no shows.

If the entire group fails to show for the reserved time slot, the no shows will be charged to the customer’s credit card.

Payment Options:
All major credit cards accepted including traveler’s checks.

Driver Requirements:
Must have a valid driver’s license that must be presented at check-in time or the reservation will be considered a no show.

What to Expect: The Karting Experience
Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled drive time. Sign in at the front desk and get your headsock.
You’ll head down to the Briefing Room for your safety briefing. Limited lockers available.
Head to the helmeting area for your helmet and optional neck brace.
Move into the pit area and get ready to race.
Drive on the racetrack for 8 minutes and take the checkered flag.
Take home your stat sheet and show your friends.