PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT's first "hiccup".....

97CasperCobra
12-20-2004, 03:41 PM
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2004/recalls/recall.ford.gt.19dec04.htm

good thing you haven't bought one yet Larry. :D ;)

93KingCobra
12-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Man I hate when I can't drive my Ford GT :(

rpalmer
12-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Those issues won't stop me buying a GT. (But unfortunately the price will...)

-RP

ausie
12-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Ouch, two black eyes with one punch.

flynfink
12-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Guess I'll have to call the local Ford dealer and have them pick mine up with a flat bed.

Oh wait.. I don't have one... :(

Darn :twitchy:

ausie
12-25-2004, 11:37 AM
That story sounds familiar (part about the suspension arms). I heard about the GMC Envoy or is that Chevey (both makes were affected). People test driving the vehicle had accidents due to the cast aluminum front suspension arm cracking when driving it. As for the fuel tank, that sounds like a big job since it runs down the center of the vehicle inside the framing. Since there are not many vehicles involved it is more like a blemish than a black eye. At least they did not cover it up and responded a service bulletin. I think I would want to know if there was a flaw in my 04 so I can get it repaired instead of it killing me down the road. :thumbsup: The GT is a well designed vehicle and I would still want one regardless if it had a blemish as reported. I admit that the only one I could afford would be the 1/8th scale version made in China.

beerkat
12-27-2004, 10:22 AM
I think that most of the people who buy the GT just stick them in a garage and show them to thier freinds on sunny days. What a waste of a great track car.