PDA

View Full Version : What cool stuff did you get for Christmas?

cobrabitn
12-25-2004, 06:19 PM
What cool stuff did you get for Christmas?

Car related stuff consisted of a Technalon car cover for the Mystichrome and a cool RC "Cobra R" Racer. I've been playing with the remote control Cobra all day today so if you haven't received your new member packet yet or if you receive it late, there's why... :rotf:

Have fun y'all! :bounce:

cobra330
12-25-2004, 07:52 PM
JLT RAI in YELLOW!!

It's easier for me to buy stuff for the Cobra than to have my girlfriend do it...so, I backed off this year and only asked for the one thing...the JLT. Now..I can go spend like crazy for the Cobra! Although next year..I think I am asking for only Cobra stuff..oh..I forgot I have a birthday in April! Better start that list now!

Big Daddy
12-25-2004, 10:24 PM
MGW Shifter, MGW interior BLING-BLING, UPR clutch cable and firewall locking adjuster, Paper Shredder (got to destroy that evidence), clothes, detailing supplies, cologne, and CANDY! :D ;) So I guess I made out like a bandit! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope everyone got everything they wanted!! :cool: :D :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

nckissfan
12-25-2004, 11:10 PM
well, let's see

a car jack
some stainless letters for the Cobra
MGW billet oil cap, and dip stick
some Cobra floor mats
some Zaino's car polish
a shirt with a cobra embroidered on it
a thick book on the Mustang

I think it was Christmas for the Cobra:D

flynfink
12-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Jay and I finally got our GT's..

Can you guess which one is mine? Tony, wanna race?

sssvtcobra
12-26-2004, 04:26 AM
I got stainless bumper letters, and lots of cash to buy things for my new '04 :bounce: I can't waite to get on the phone and start ordering some toys for the cobra :thumbsup:

venomous
12-26-2004, 10:54 AM
I got SS bumper inserts, Pro 5.0 shifter, Kenny Brown Chrome Strut Tower Brace, and lots of tools!

RheacerDave
12-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Icard/Gameboy, so crew can tell me when I'm about to get lapped...

Couple of signed Mario Andretti prints (My favorite all around driver)
Book on 2005 Mustang
Alex Zanardi's book
Couple of books on metal working
Tools and tiedowns from my sons,
Craftsman gift card from my daughter (Jeez, I love my kids)
Several shirts, -even one family tartan (Black Watch).
"its not a skirt, you moron, its a kilt" :rotf:

venomous
12-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Several shirts, -even one family tartan (Black Watch).
"its not a skirt, you moron, its a kilt" :rotf:
My Mom makes kilts for a living. Weird ain't it

beerkat
12-27-2004, 10:17 AM
I got a Sony Handi-Cam and a camera mount for the roll bar. Now I can film my mistakes for others to see.:thumbsup:

Happy New Year:bounce:

93KingCobra
12-27-2004, 10:59 AM
I did not get anything for the Cobra from anyone.. :(

So I had to go buy it myself..
-Califonia car cover
-Raptor shift light

Sometimes you just got to buy it yourself :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
12-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Well, my girlfriend REFUSED to buy me anything for the car except some SS letters. I did get World of Warcraft (it is insane) two Spyderco knives, some James Dean pics, Seinfeld Seasons 1 and 2, tons and tons of candy (as if I need it) and some clothes etc. Not a bad haul. Now that Christmas is over, I can start spending my extra cash on the car. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

-D-

nckissfan
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
mom gave me some $$ for my bday to do whatever I wanted with. So, I ordered a snake for the grill, and a new SVT emblem for the trunk. My car is going to be purdied up for the Charlotte meet:D

JC
12-28-2004, 12:07 AM
... black superchargers for the 03 Cobra !!! :thumbsup:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1549/whipple_x10_system__front_1.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1549/whipple_x10_system__ds.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1549/whipple_x10_system__ps_1.jpg

93KingCobra
12-28-2004, 12:36 AM
JC that is SWEET :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What CAI are you running?? That Carbonfiber looks good under there..!

nckissfan
12-28-2004, 06:47 AM
all the blacked out stuff looks sweet under there! thanks for sharing!

JC
12-28-2004, 12:47 PM
JC that is SWEET :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What CAI are you running?? That Carbonfiber looks good under there..!

The CAI is made by METCO... :thumbsup:

JC
12-28-2004, 12:49 PM
all the blacked out stuff looks sweet under there! thanks for sharing!

Thanks !!!!

RF Cobra
12-28-2004, 06:02 PM
What cool stuff did you get for Christmas?

New digital camera (Nikon D70). Nothing specifically for the Cobra. But, I got a good bit of $ and I know what most of it will be spent on! :D
:flash:

93KingCobra
12-28-2004, 06:46 PM
The CAI is made by METCO... :thumbsup:

Do you know if they still make them I went to the only METCO web site that I knew of and they did not have anything like that..

If you can could you please provide a web site link.

Thanks
Phil

InfamousSVT
12-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Got a car cover (4-layer), the JLT RAI Comp. Orange, and got a 8 inch fixed antenna from need-4-speed, Cobra Watch too! Also got a bunch of clothes.
I'm hoping by Dragday to get all my exhaust done!:thumbsup:

It was a great Christmas for me, hope eveyone else had a good one as well!:D

JC
12-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Do you know if they still make them I went to the only METCO web site that I knew of and they did not have anything like that..

If you can could you please provide a web site link.

Thanks
Phil

Phil:

Call either Ron or Aaron Kincaid at the shop 864-332-5929 and tell them that you saw the CAI with the carbon fiber cover in my car and was interested in getting one. He will know and will help you from there... The Kincaid's are really good folks !!!

InfamousSVT
12-28-2004, 09:04 PM
I came across this intake a few months back, looks pretty sweet, don't believe it's the same one as what JC has though.

http://www.ssd4u.com/streetsmart_068.htm

scroll down the page to take a look at the intake!:)

JC
12-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I came across this intake a few months back, looks pretty sweet, don't believe it's the same one as what JC has though.

http://www.ssd4u.com/streetsmart_068.htm

scroll down the page to take a look at the intake!:)

That is deffinitely not the same... The one on that page is made by Apten and only uses a 5-6" filter vs. a 10" S&B powerstack filter on the METCO kit...

crunchit
12-29-2004, 01:43 PM
JC~I've gotta say that's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen:cool:

JC
12-29-2004, 05:54 PM
JC~I've gotta say that's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen:cool:

Thank you sir... Now go get you one !!! I guarantee you it will make that sweet looking redfire fly...
:thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
I got a subwoofer for my computer (gotta have base for the vids)
MGW shift handle for the 97
Ford racing mouse pad
MGW key chain

Firme
12-30-2004, 01:44 PM
FYI,

I think http://www.demolet.com/ (Tunable Inductions aka Densecharger) also carries the Metco system JC has.

Scroll down to the stage 2 and higher systems

NO 5 OH
01-04-2005, 04:55 AM
Thank you sir... Now go get you one !!! I guarantee you it will make that sweet looking redfire fly...
:thumbsup:

Amen to that ;);)

I got a question for you JC... I'm taking it the pics you posted were after everything was said and done. I'm wondering where are all the vaccum lines/connectors on the driver's side as I don't see the bracket or any of the associated items that go with it. That's a really clean installation for sure. That was probably about the only thing I didn't like when I finished my install but I guess the newfound power has made it grow on me :D:D

Where did you get the blingin' blower pulley as well? Is that the new ones Reichard is selling or is that a Metco piece?

Shannon

JC
01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Amen to that ;);)

I got a question for you JC... I'm taking it the pics you posted were after everything was said and done. I'm wondering where are all the vaccum lines/connectors on the driver's side as I don't see the bracket or any of the associated items that go with it. That's a really clean installation for sure. That was probably about the only thing I didn't like when I finished my install but I guess the newfound power has made it grow on me :D:D

Where did you get the blingin' blower pulley as well? Is that the new ones Reichard is selling or is that a Metco piece?

Shannon

Shannon:

The pics I attached here are of the finished install. I eliminated all of the EGR functions and removed all the EGR vacuum solenoids and controllers on the left side of the blower. I only kept the fuel pressure rail sensor and the boost dump valve (which is also dissabled throught the chip). I really like the clean look on the side of the blower with all that junk removed...

The blower pulley was custom made piece for the 10 rib pulley kit I'm running...

Mr. Ed
01-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, let's see:

New Pentium 4 "mega-puter" w/80 & 200 gig drives. Collectively, there should be "just about" enough space to store a few files.:rotf: Just about have it programmed to take out the trash.:eek: Edmond, are you there?:D

SanDisk Cruzer Micro MP3 player. Between listening to this and Wilbur, my hearing will be "shot" for sure!:eek::D

XM Satellite Radio for the home & Wilbur.:cool:

4 new "shoes" for Wilbur.;)

I think that covers the "toys" which "really matter".:thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
01-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Shannon:

The pics I attached here are of the finished install. I eliminated all of the EGR functions and removed all the EGR vacuum solenoids and controllers on the left side of the blower. I only kept the fuel pressure rail sensor and the boost dump valve (which is also dissabled throught the chip). I really like the clean look on the side of the blower with all that junk removed...

The blower pulley was custom made piece for the 10 rib pulley kit I'm running...

So did you get rid of the EGR tube all together? If you did do this, and did the install yourself you saved yourself a world of grief. Ask Dana about my experiences on modfords... I spent four freakin' days in 20* weather trying to get my EGR tube hooked up on both ends. I finally had an epifany and unbolted the lower intake, had a friend gentley pull up on the driver's side of the blower while I guided the EGR tube in and started the retaining nut. I was overjoyed that I had gotten over my last major obstacle in my install... then I promptly broke a lower intake bolt while retorquing the damn things. Then I had to pull the SOB back off and redo everything again :mad:

I actually thought the pulley looked like a ten rib piece. I thought you sold the 10 rib kit right around the time you bought the blower?

JC
01-05-2005, 01:35 AM
So did you get rid of the EGR tube all together? If you did do this, and did the install yourself you saved yourself a world of grief. Ask Dana about my experiences on modfords... I spent four freakin' days in 20* weather trying to get my EGR tube hooked up on both ends. I finally had an epifany and unbolted the lower intake, had a friend gentley pull up on the driver's side of the blower while I guided the EGR tube in and started the retaining nut. I was overjoyed that I had gotten over my last major obstacle in my install... then I promptly broke a lower intake bolt while retorquing the damn things. Then I had to pull the SOB back off and redo everything again :mad:

I actually thought the pulley looked like a ten rib piece. I thought you sold the 10 rib kit right around the time you bought the blower?

I hear you on the EGR tube... I trully is a pain in the old butt !!! I went through that same thing with my headers in my 97 Cobra and finally decided to delete it in that car so I followed suit with the 03... I all looks better and the performance of the car is completely unnafected... The actual Whipple install was totaly uneventfull for me bro... I actually had the blower on the car in 2 hours and 10 minutes since my eaton was already removed...

I ended up keeping the 10 rib kit and had a custom upper made for it now I have my street setup for 17-18 psi and the race setup for 20-21 psi... We'll see how it performs at the track !!!

NO 5 OH
01-05-2005, 02:09 AM
The actual Whipple install was totaly uneventfull for me bro... I actually had the blower on the car in 2 hours and 10 minutes since my eaton was already removed...

You lucky bastage... you left out the hard stuff :D

A friend helped out on mine when he could... we actually had the Eaton removed and the intercooler unbolted in a little over an hour. I thought "gee... if removing it isn't that bad putting it back together shouldn't be much of a problem."

Insert Murphy's Law here...

And then a week later I get the car back together. That seems like a long time (and it really does to me) but I encountered about every problem you could with the install. EGR problems, broken intake bolt, couldn't get a belt to fit... etc etc. I think I'm a resident expert now ;)

How much power is it laying down with the tunes? Mine's halfway tuned (a borrowed tune from Vector and Dana) and Saturday night I squared off against a "semi-friend" in his Procharged 03 ZO6. From a 2nd gear roll he could not get away from the Cobra all the way into 4th gear :D

Not that I condone street racing now ;) ;)

Firme
01-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Well, let's see:

New Pentium 4 "mega-puter" w/80 & 120 gig drives. Collectively, there should be "just about" enough space to store a few files.:rotf: Just about have it programmed to take out the trash.:eek: Edmond, are you there?:D

Sounds like a beast... eh.. just .. eh mail it to me so I can do some "Field testing" with it... eh yeah... thats it. :D

:thumbsup: Congrats

JC
01-05-2005, 02:21 AM
We'll see in the next week or so... I'm waiting on my datalogger to get here so that I can finish my SCT tune... It should be anywhere from 560-600 RWHP or so depending on how greedy I get with the timing...

After that I will juice it up a little bit to see what happens !!!

JC

You lucky bastage... you left out the hard stuff :D

A friend helped out on mine when he could... we actually had the Eaton removed and the intercooler unbolted in a little over an hour. I thought "gee... if removing it isn't that bad putting it back together shouldn't be much of a problem."

Insert Murphy's Law here...

And then a week later I get the car back together. That seems like a long time (and it really does to me) but I encountered about every problem you could with the install. EGR problems, broken intake bolt, couldn't get a belt to fit... etc etc. I think I'm a resident expert now ;)

How much power is it laying down with the tunes? Mine's halfway tuned (a borrowed tune from Vector and Dana) and Saturday night I squared off against a "semi-friend" in his Procharged 03 ZO6. From a 2nd gear roll he could not get away from the Cobra all the way into 4th gear :D

Not that I condone street racing now ;) ;)