PDA

View Full Version : My Sunday project..

93KingCobra
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
I have been wanting to do this for a long time and finnaly got around to it :thumbsup:

Ram air from the fog light---> Also I did the Heat Exchanger grill--->

97CasperCobra
12-26-2004, 09:49 PM
very nice Philly..just be careful if you ever drive in the rain. :thumbsup:

...now let's see how those mods improve your 1/4 mile. :cool:

93KingCobra
12-26-2004, 11:16 PM
very nice Philly..just be careful if you ever drive in the rain.

Who drives there Cobra in the rain :spoke: :retard: :crazy:

After pulling the car out of the garage today I noticed that the rear diff. looked like it was leaking so I will have to get that fix before the next track event.. :( :( :( :(

97CasperCobra
12-26-2004, 11:18 PM
After pulling the car out of the garage today I noticed that the rear diff. looked like it was leaking so I will have to get that fix before the next track event.. :( :( :( :(

Mine's leaking too....think I'm gonna drain it and reseal it tomorrow before I make my drive to Atlanta.....I just hope there's no metal in the oil. :(

Firme
12-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Sound like good mods phil, now, how about pics of YOUR car :D

I need to do the heat exchanger "mod" for my grill..

oh and was the rear diff leaking as in drops on the ground? or was there caked on oil on the diff itself??

93KingCobra
12-27-2004, 02:30 AM
now, how about pics of YOUR car

I would if someone would help me out with the program that I would need to resize them :D

oh and was the rear diff leaking as in drops on the ground? or was there caked on oil on the diff itself??

It was leaking on the ground..There was a samll spot on the floor about 2" round, so I jacked it up and found a small amout caked on the diff itself..

Why, what does that matter???????

casey99COBRA
12-27-2004, 02:32 AM
i noticed mine is doing it too... it leaks on the ground a bit and looks like caked on oil. what do i need to do, and how much is it going to cost?

97CasperCobra
12-27-2004, 02:37 AM

both in my case.... :(

casey99COBRA
12-27-2004, 02:57 AM
both in my case.... :(do the seals go bad in these things or what the f?

97CasperCobra
12-27-2004, 03:00 AM
do the seals go bad in these things or what the f?

Some of the times they just need to be opened up and resealed. I'm wondering if I should just get a gasket or if the gooey black sealant is enough for this. :dunno:

I'm doing mine tomorrow so we'll see. Now I just need some gear oil and a pump to put it in the diff. :(

Big Daddy
12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Well my diff has leaked for a couple of years. No matter what I do to it, it still leaks just a little. The aluminum housing is great for weight reduction but the bolts don't ever torque down enough to get a perfect seal. I've even put in an aftermarket stud kit and it still leaks. I think it is just the way the diff's are made! :(

Carl G
12-27-2004, 07:44 PM
You guys remembr mine leaking at TWS. Unless you have a place that you can take and put on a rack it is a real Challenge to tighten the top bolts and that is probably where it is leaking. After you put a lot of high revs and torque on the diff the bolts seem to want to back out on their own. I found a special little flex socket to tighten but you need to put car on jack stand and get under to reach the top bolts. I was able to fix and for now no leaks. Ask Henry about the socket it will work. You can borrow if you like.

Levi
12-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Got to be a way to use safety wire with the bolts to keep them from backing out. Maybe.