PDA

View Full Version : cobra "r" splitter front spoiler for 2001 cobra

2001REDCOBRA
12-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi I am the proud owner of a red 2001 Cobra. I am thinking about a Cobra R splitter type front bumper/spoiler but confused about which one. For instance there is the Ford Racing cobra r splitter that Mustang's Unlimited sells for about $450 but is only the splitter bolt on. However Cervini's Auto Design sells the WHOLE bumper with the splitter front spoiler built together for about $400. I've seen other's but I'm concerned about fit,finish, looks, and of course best bang for my buck overall. Has anyone had any experience about this or has done this to their cars? Any help? Thanx!:thumbsup:

jack
12-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I have not used Cervini's parts but i have used the Ford Racing stuff. The Ford hood i bought went staight on with no body work. Im sure the Cervini's stuff is good quality but the Ford was a straight bolt on. Maybe someone else can give you some info on Cervini as far as quality.

casey99COBRA
12-26-2004, 10:03 PM
i would say buy the actual splitter from steeda!

sssvtcobra
12-27-2004, 02:13 PM
I would go with the actual air splitter. I bought the Cervini's piece, and ended up selling that and buying the air splitter. I also happen to have a spare one that is from Ford. Brand new, unpainted and with all attaching hardware. Along with a spare '01 front bumper that is not new, but has holes already used. I did not use these since I just bought a new '04 if you are interested.

Jeff

Mesarina
12-27-2004, 11:02 PM
And what you think about the look of the splitter in a 2003/2004 Cobra bumper like the one from steeda????

Arch Angel
12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I really like the look of those, but my car is lowered with H&R's & I'm afraid it will not last long here in Houston streets. Any experiences with the splitter? Especially the Cervini's.

sssvtcobra
01-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't really like the splitter for the '03/04 cobras. It doesn't look as smooth, and flush as the ones for the '00 cobra R's.

Arch Angel~I had a Cobra R air splitter on my '01. I liked the look of the actual air splitter from Ford over the 1 piece design from Cervini's. I originally bought the 1 piece from Cervini's, and ended up selling it. The real air splitter looks much better in my opinion. I wish I still had some of my pictures of my car saved onto the computer or digital camera still with the air splitter on. I would post them. If you read my earlier post then you already know that I have a '01 bumper, air splitter, and hardware that I would sell.

My car was lowered about 1.5-2.0" with the air splitter on, and it was low. I originally had my car lowered about 2.5-3.0" when I put on my air splitter. I ended up having to raise my car back up. I have coil-overs so it wasn't that hard to do. But if you do have some steep inclines or driveways then you will be driving up and down those at an angle. You might even scrape the underneath of the air splitter. And you have to remember to not pull up so close to parking curbs. That is how I ruined my first one. I then bought a second one but never had it put on.

Jeff

VenomousSVT
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
i would say buy the actual splitter from steeda!
steeda is not the actual splitter.. ford racing is the actual.. steeda is a remake unless you buy a ford racing splitter from steeda. I have the ford racing splitter and love it, I never take it off but I do have the option if I ever need too. The steeda isnt quite as low as the ford part. And the cervini is nice but you cant use your stock foglights or the black inserts without some fabrication. And all painted doesnt look as good. Also the cervinis isnt as low as the ford part either. Do the ford part it is better made and does bolt up better than the steeda piece.

http://www.venomoussvt.com/images/vsvtcrop.jpg

VenomousSVT
01-25-2005, 10:13 PM
oh and to answer Arch Angel's post.. my car is sitting on kenny brown specific rate springs. Fender well gap is non existent, and nose clearance is about 2".