PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice?????

Spider
12-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Hello Everyone

I have just bought a 96' Cobra :thumbsup: , 49k miles,laser red, very good condition, garage kept, etc.

Sometimes in my Cobra is showing up a check engine (gauge) What is the reason If enyone could you explain to me???:eek:
Could you also give me some advice what kind of oil should I fill in my Cobra.
Right now I have MOBIL ONE FORMULA RACING.

Thanks
Spider
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN SIGNATURE ONCE PER POST - MODIFYED CODE -->

SNAKEYE
12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Hello Everyone

I have just bought a 96' Cobra :thumbsup: , 49k miles,laser red, very good condition, garage kept, etc.

Sometimes in my Cobra is showing up a check engine (gauge) What is the reson If enyone could you explain to me???:eek:
Could you also give me some advice what kond of oil I should fill in my Cobra.
Right now I have MOBIL ONE FORMULA RACING.

Thanks
Spider
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN SIGNATURE ONCE PER POST - MODIFYED CODE -->As for the sometimes check engine light, make sure that you have fully tightened the gas cap after refueling.
I use Castrol Syntec 5W-50 in the engine.

redsnake99
12-28-2004, 08:02 AM
I have a 99 Cobra with a Vortech supercharger, which I love to drive. In cold weather, it frequently pops the check engine light and the codes always show a rich fuel mixture, which I expect to be the case. With the code reader I have, I turn the codes off and all is OK.

That has worked for me for 121,000 miles.

I always use Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 oil.

:D

Spider
12-28-2004, 09:19 AM
thanks guys I am grateful:thumbsup: Spider

smashedheadcat
12-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Another vote for 5w-30 :thumbsup:

sssvtcobra
12-28-2004, 01:47 PM
You can take your car to Auto-zone and they will pull the code for you for free and let you know what is causing the check engine light to come on. I have had them do that twice before on my '01. It's quick and easy.

Congrats on you purchase :thumbsup:

SNAKEYE
12-29-2004, 12:51 PM
You can take your car to Auto-zone and they will pull the code for you for free and let you know what is causing the check engine light to come on. I have had them do that twice before on my '01. It's quick and easy.

Congrats on you purchase :thumbsup:
Ah, obviously you didn't catch SPIDER's location: POLAND (as in the country of!)
Didn't you detect the accent in his message?
It may be a long drive for him to "get into the Zone"!
I was amazed that a Cobra found its way there.