12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Looks like you dudes are having a blast, Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Very nice...Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

Firme
12-28-2004, 06:13 PM
wow :clapping:

it must have been a blast to have been there...

sounds like ya'll had alot of fun.

Sorry to hear about your ABS Mike, hope it wasn't too costly. where did you off? (T3??)

Consistant 1:55's is CRAZY at TWS, especially under those conditions.

holy crap koodo's to Joe Johnson. I was like :eek: seeing the R in the middle of the pack in that pic!!!!

Congrats to you Mike for getting 2nd place for the season, and Joe J for getting 5th on Saturday. Also Congrats to Eric Varner for gettig 1st in CMC. Wayne Manor setting the TWS lap record was also awesome.

:bounce:

I wish I could play in the same league as you guys :D

Admiral
12-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys. I can't tell you how much fun it is to race with the NASA CMC/AI folks. All of them are fun folks who really are nice guys. Sort of like this bunch on here, just great people who like performance with a blue oval ;)

As far as getting out there, pretty much any 5.0 5spd Mustang beater will do. I've thrown alot of money at my car but I sure didn't have to do so, I should have gone the CMC route, especially while learning (which for me will be at least a 5 year program!).

I talked with Joe J after that race, he said it got "plenty exciting" there in the pack of cars funneling into T2. My hat is off to Joe for getting out there and "going for it" with us.

I had my big off in T3 when the ABS went out. Turned out to be the left rear sensor had gone bad but I sure didn't figure it out in time. I jumped back on the track, started going at it again (hey, it was qualifying!) and had another dramatic off in T10 (that's where the photo was taken) and the car just kept going right up to about 2ft away from the ARMCO, whew, I was a bit concerned at that point.

I had to spend the rest of the weekend learning how to drive without ABS, it was quite a challenge for me. I was used to just "pouncing" on the brake pedal as hard as I could and letting the ABS do the work. I left plenty of tire rubber on the TWS surface trying to develop a "feel" for threshold braking, lol.

jimmysidecarr
12-29-2004, 09:17 PM
WOW!!!
Congratulations Mike!!!
I really, REALLY,Really!!! want to get an instruction drive soon!!!
Hopefully you will be at the next open track I can swing!!!

What a GREAT WRITE UP TOO!!!

MAN!!! That sounded like fun!!!

And ya know what????

How can you not ... just love Joe!!!

He is really enjoying that R like they were made to enjoy!!!!
IN COMPETITION!!!

Screw collectible!!!

They are kicka$$ race cars...
And he has my vote for ..... One serious KICKA$$ driver too!!!

WOW!!!
Jimmy :eek: :thumbsup:Really!!!