PDA

View Full Version : New Guy on the Block

realboss03SVT
01-01-2005, 08:07 PM
:) Hi guys & gals, just got my 03 sonic blue cobra. I think I'm in love!! This is my first cobra but it is my 5th mustang. I have had a mustang of some sort for the last 20 years. Just wonted to say hi. I do have a question my 03 has 10,000 miles on it and I am new to superchargers so this is probably a stupid question but my boost gauge is always on (0) and never moves. Is it possably broken??

Big Daddy
01-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad you found our corner of cyber space.

As far as the gauge goes it could be broken, do you hear a load whine when you hit the gas?? If so then the supercharger is working and the boost gauge has gone south! :D

realboss03SVT
01-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I don't hear a load whine but the car seams to run fine so I'm not sure what's up I'll probably take it into the dealership. So am I correct in thinking the gauge should be showing something at any RPM?

93KingCobra
01-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Actually the boost will only come on under a heavy load aka W.O.T. even with some light gas you should atleast see 5 to 6lbs of boost :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I think Big Daddy meant LOUD whine, he was trying to be funny. Your gauge will be on zero till you create a load and then it will move slightly. Hit the gas hard and watch it peg the gauge. If it still doesn't move then I'd have the gauge or the supercharger checked out.

HTH

Welcome to our BB! :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
01-02-2005, 06:46 AM
:) Hi guys & gals, just got my 03 sonic blue cobra. I think I'm in love!! This is my first cobra but it is my 5th mustang. I have had a mustang of some sort for the last 20 years. Just wonted to say hi. I do have a question my 03 has 10,000 miles on it and I am new to superchargers so this is probably a stupid question but my boost gauge is always on (0) and never moves. Is it possably broken??

If you pull the glove box out, there is a fitting there that's probably undone. I'll try to find some pictures for you, as this is usually the case.

Josh

cobrabitn
01-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Josh... do pictures and a write up for the newsletter, please. :)

realboss03SVT
01-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the help :D

sssvtcobra
01-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey realboss,

I'm also new to the supercharger world, and think I'm in :love: Welcom to the board!! :thumbsup: You can learn alot from all the knowledgeable people in here.

Jeff