PDA

View Full Version : Tool for installing snake in grill

nckissfan
01-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey, what kind of tool is needed? I bought a star tip screwdriver, but that does not look like it will work. So, what do I need? And, does anyone have one I could use, say on Saturday?

cobrabitn
01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
It's a torx bit and yes I will bring mine with me Saturday, just for you Mikey! :rotf:

nckissfan
01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
It's a torx bit and yes I will bring mine with me Saturday, just for you Mikey! :rotf:
the thing I bought at Auto Zone looked right, but there is a thing in the center of the bolt. It would be the same bit as the one you used for your 94, right? And, thanks in advance for doing that Tony.

arellanoz
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I believe that if can with the screwdriver, single it is question of which you put eggs and you dedicate a little to him but time, now q if really not llevalo with a mecanico can, greetings from mexico
:) :thumbsup: :bounce:

2001REDCOBRA
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Very simple fix, I went thru the same on my 2001 Cobra. Go to Sears Hardware and they have them! It is called a "safety torx". I brought the bolt right into Sears and I matched it up with no problem! Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

nckissfan
01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Very simple fix, I went thru the same on my 2001 Cobra. Go to Sears Hardware and they have them! It is called a "safety torx". I brought the bolt right into Sears and I matched it up with no problem! Hope this helps!:thumbsup:
the only way that would help me is if Sears would let me drive my car inside to see if the bolt matches the tool:rolleyes: :eek:

cobrabitn
01-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Yes, I got mine from Autozone. It is a "greatneck" tool. A torx bit and I'll bring mine with me so not to worry. :)

nckissfan
01-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Yes, I got mine from Autozone. It is a "greatneck" tool. A torx bit and I'll bring mine with me so not to worry. :)

the tool I bought is a greatneck, too. It has 13 bits in 1. It has a T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25 bit, but your tool must be different cause the bolt has a star pattern with a round piece in the middle. Sound like your 94, Tony?

cobrabitn
01-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, and my tool worked on my 99 as well as my 94 so it should work on yours.

Firme
01-04-2005, 08:05 AM
the tool I bought is a greatneck, too. It has 13 bits in 1. It has a T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25 bit, but your tool must be different cause the bolt has a star pattern with a round piece in the middle. Sound like your 94, Tony?those sound like regular torx, and not the "safety torx" which is what you need to fit the star pattern and the stud in the middle.

#25 Safety Torx to be exact.

nckissfan
01-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I could not wait to get the snake in the grill, so I went and found the right tool. I did not know there was such thing as a safety torx. So, Tony I will not need that tool, but thanks for the thought!!!:thumbsup:

SNAKEYE
01-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I could not wait to get the snake in the grill, so I went and found the right tool. I did not know there was such thing as a safety torx. So, Tony I will not need that tool, but thanks for the thought!!!:thumbsup:
Those tool guys have got to change things from time to time to be able to get more money out of us!

Stavesacre21
01-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Hey, what kind of tool is needed?
LoL...I feel a little stupid for asking, but did all of the snake grill emblems require that tool? I changed mine out early last summer, but didn't even require a special tool. Think this means that the grill screws were replaced or somethin? Odd, but it does have me wonderin :what: