PDA

View Full Version : 04 Lincoln Aviator fuel pump

xanavisilvia
01-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I was just wondering what would happen if I was to install Aviator fuel pump in my 99 Cobra without any kind of a tune. Can the Diablo Predator have enough feature to tune my car with this pump? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks.

NewFoundPower
01-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, why would you do that?

-D-

xanavisilvia
01-05-2005, 12:48 AM
I've read somewhere that 04 Aviator fuel pumps deliver more fuel than the Cobra pumps do. I hear 99/01 Cobra owners put in these pumps when they mod their cars.

NewFoundPower
01-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Interesting, I have never heard that (but I don't claim to be an expert). The only crossover I have heard of is putting focus fuel pumps in Terminators. I am assuming you have or plan to have other mods installed on the car. If so, then you would probably benefit from a fuel pump that can give your car the gas it needs.

-D-

bigpapa
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
The aviator pump does flow more but unless you have atune that is requiring more fuel you may see no change at all. You may find that the car feels a little slower due to the fuel fattening up a little. Not sure if pressure would be increased just flow. So this type of pump would be used to help the fuel system recover and maintain if you were doing something like a wet shot, or blower.