PDA

View Full Version : finally ordered pulley and heat exchanger

04SVT
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I've been undecided on whether to get the Eaton ported w/ pulley or just order the KENNY BELL supercharger. After much thought, I finally decided to get the Eaton ported first. I went ahead and ordered the upper pulley kit, new spark plugs, and heat exchanger yesterday. Once that comes in and is installed, I'll get the Eaton ported and get a custom tune. After the warranty is up in 3 years I'll probably switch out the supercharger with a Kenny Bell or Whipple. I'm hoping to be at around 450 RWHP with the setup I've chosen. ( Autologic custom tune, ported Eaton, Fluidine heat exchanger, K&N FIPK, X-pipe w/ highflow cats and Flowmaster Cat Back. :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Awesome!! I have been contemplating doing the same thing. Let us know how you like it.

-D-

blk04cobra1
01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I would say you'll be around there...most with ported blower/pulley/intake/chip are around 500rwhp...

Im gonna get the Gord's H/E when spring time comes and probably get the blower ported as well...good luck

InfamousSVT
01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Good Choice!

I can't bring myself to wait for my 3 year warranty to go out, so I'm getting the Whipple in April/May of this year!:D
Plus, I think the only thing that is still covered under warranty is the radio anyways! My cousin and future Brother-in-Law both work for Ford so I can get around it!

04SVT
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
I decided to go with the ported Eaton because I would get more enjoyment from going in stages. When I first bought the Cobra I thought it was super quick. After a month I added the catback. Then came the CAI and SuperChips Tuner. Everytime I add something I get the same awesome feeling all over again. If I went out and bought the Kenny Bell to start with there would not be much more to do. (for the end result I'm looking for). It may sound wierd but thinking about the next mod helps get me through the day. It's said that men think about sex every 15 seconds! :bounce: I'd have to classify modifying the cobra a close second!:thumbsup: .

InfamousSVT
01-05-2005, 12:27 AM
If you did decide to go with the Kenne Bell or Whipple now and just ran the same 8psi you will still see a gain in rwhp, then you can just go up a little at a time with the smaller pulley to get that rush you desire! Just my .02!:D

jack
01-05-2005, 12:36 AM
If you dont mind me asking, which company did you order your ported charger from and how much did you pay for it? Thinking of the same mod for mine.

InfamousSVT
01-05-2005, 12:41 AM
If you dont mind me asking, which company did you order your ported charger from and how much did you pay for it? Thinking of the same mod for mine.
http://www.apten-us.com

If you are going to port use Apten!:thumbsup: Port job is $500 and if you want a polished/port it's an addition $500! So for $1000 dollars you can be shiny and ported too!:D

blk04cobra1
01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
steigmeire is also doing port jobs...$395...ive been told they can get your blower back to you in 2 days, so you dont have much down time...i also heard that if you set up a time, they will send you relacement blower for the time being while yours is with them...

04SVT
01-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack

I went to Need-4-Speed (Clearwater, FL) and the owner, Tony has been using a local machine Shop to port the Eatons. He is porting in varying degrees and dyno testing to get the best result. Brad12 from the SVTOA TAMBA BAY Chapter is letting Tony use his car as the guniea pig. Tony said yesterday that he would be finished with his research in about 2 weeks. He quoted a price between $300- $500. Tony uses the Autologic custom dyno tune and Brad 12 is running a flat 12/1 A/F across the board. I'm not sure how many of members live in Centtral/Southern FLorida but I was impressed with Tony's knowledge of SVT's and would feel comfortable having him work on my Cobra.

Rob

crunchit
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.apten-us.com (http://www.apten-us.com/)

If you are going to port use Apten!:thumbsup: Port job is $500 and if you want a polished/port it's an addition $500! So for $1000 dollars you can be shiny and ported too!:D
I liked that apten site. What all would I need for the ported eaton if I changed the pully as well (2.80)? Could anyone give me a list must-haves? I'm gonna order it all at once.

InfamousSVT
01-06-2005, 01:26 AM
I liked that apten site. What all would I need for the ported eaton if I changed the pully as well (2.80)? Could anyone give me a list must-haves? I'm gonna order it all at once.
You wouldn't need to add anything with just the port job, but when adding the 2.80 pulley you will need to get a tune! I'd suggest getting a custom dyno tune to get everything you can out of it. You should see a 100rwhp gain from the Ported Eaton, 2.80 Pulley, and Tune!:D
Also, depending how much horsepower you have now you may have to get bigger injectors, depending on the Horsepower level you're at!

InfamousSVT
01-06-2005, 01:29 AM
I've emailed Tony at Need-4-Speed and you're right he has great info on the SVT's! I had planned on driving down there to have him do some of the work on my car, but have since found a dealer here to do it!
Most of the information I have found on my 04' has come from him!:thumbsup:

crunchit
01-07-2005, 05:48 PM
You wouldn't need to add anything with just the port job, but when adding the 2.80 pulley you will need to get a tune! I'd suggest getting a custom dyno tune to get everything you can out of it. You should see a 100rwhp gain from the Ported Eaton, 2.80 Pulley, and Tune!:D
Also, depending how much horsepower you have now you may have to get bigger injectors, depending on the Horsepower level you're at!
I just may go that route...seems sensible. I would still need a Preditor or Super Chips tuner as well, right? (That is if I go with the 2.8)

thanks dude!