PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Brown Cars at CMP

johnbasf
01-05-2005, 06:35 PM
You know who you are. We need all the KB cars at CMP in March. Go to the main page and sign up!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
01-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Hope you didn't hurt your ankle jumping from the MM train to the KB train. ;) :D

b_tone
01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Hope you didn't hurt your ankle jumping from the MM train to the KB train. ;) :D

Don, don't worry about John. From what I have learned in the past 2 years the MM train moves really slowly, but we did have to slow the KB train way down for john so that he could get on...... :D

Who know, perhaps some mm car will show up at cmp and try to keep up :eek:

Firme
01-06-2005, 12:01 AM
yikes!!! :eek: Its getting ugly in here :D

Big Daddy
01-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Well NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAID Kenny Brown's stuff rocks! I will shut up now! :D ;)

SIUNARA
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
No worries Tone, I’m sure there will be a few MM cars at CMP in early April. ;)

johnbasf
01-06-2005, 11:13 AM
I haven't seen any KB equipped cars on the signed up list yet BD, Bonnie& Tim etc....... :D

johnbasf
01-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Well NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAID Kenny Brown's stuff rocks! I will shut up now! :D ;)

It must rock, they banned it in one series already!!! Maybe the MM camp got scared of it??? :eek:

rshelbygt
01-06-2005, 12:43 PM
It must rock, they banned it in one series already!!! Maybe the MM camp got scared of it??? :eek:

I'm not sure it was BANNED, John. The design does not-and never did- fit within the rules for American Iron.

That would be like me saying my 3000 pound car with 450 RWHP and 500 LB/FT of torque was BANNED from American Iron. :rolleyes:

Kenny Brown has some pretty sweet stuff on the market currently. Can't wait to see some KB, Griggs, Steeda, Maximum and other designs tearing it up on track. :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
01-06-2005, 01:40 PM
"Maybe the MM camp got scared of it???"

Bet that makes you glad that you sold your car. ;)

johnbasf
01-06-2005, 02:00 PM
"Maybe the MM camp got scared of it???"

Bet that makes you glad that you sold your car. ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firme
01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:nope:

johnbasf
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
:nope:

:rotf: :banana: :burnout: :touche:

NO 5 OH
01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Maximum Motorsports > Kenny Brown :lol: :lol:

This of course is my opinion and is in no way a slight at Kenny Brown Performance :D

Shannon

Big Daddy
01-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Maximum Motorsports > Kenny Brown :lol: :lol:

This of course is my opinion and is in no way a slight at Kenny Brown Performance :D

Shannon

Not to be mean BUT.....When have you been out on a road course running either system???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) JK .... sorta! :D ;)

NO 5 OH
01-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Not to be mean BUT.....When have you been out on a road course running either system???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) JK .... sorta! :D ;)

Oh man Greg... that was low ;) ;)

Actually... I am considering purchasing KB's "super street cage" for the convertible. His design is really the only 6 point cage I like due to the fact the door bars come down low to the seats and aren't something you have to climb over... at least that's the impression that I get. I'm going to definitely need a cage soon... 600 at the wheels is bound to make a vert body flex :D

Can ya hook me up on who to talk to at KB about the cage?

Oh BTW... haven't been doing any snorkling with the Cobra lately have ya :lol::lol:

j/k Greg

b_tone
01-07-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure it was BANNED, John. The design does not-and never did- fit within the rules for American Iron.

That would be like me saying my 3000 pound car with 450 RWHP and 500 LB/FT of torque was BANNED from American Iron. :rolleyes:

Kenny Brown has some pretty sweet stuff on the market currently. Can't wait to see some KB, Griggs, Steeda, Maximum and other designs tearing it up on track. :thumbsup:

Apparently you must be re-educated. The KB IRS was legal last year. The car was teched by JWL himself. The car and ALL OF THE MODS were approved by either JWL or Peder Beckman and there are scores of emails proving this. Furthermore, it was allowed by NASA and all the AI Directors to compete as an AI car in 3 weekends of racing (where it won 2 races, took pole 3 times and set the FTD and track records during 2 of the weekends entered), so tell me again, how was it not legal?

Respectfully,

BPT

Big Daddy
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh man Greg... that was low ;) ;)

Actually... I am considering purchasing KB's "super street cage" for the convertible. His design is really the only 6 point cage I like due to the fact the door bars come down low to the seats and aren't something you have to climb over... at least that's the impression that I get. I'm going to definitely need a cage soon... 600 at the wheels is bound to make a vert body flex :D

Can ya hook me up on who to talk to at KB about the cage?

Oh BTW... haven't been doing any snorkling with the Cobra lately have ya :lol::lol:

j/k Greg

So now you're waffling....NO KB stuff...Gee Greg can you hook me up with KB.... Some people! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes I can get you hooked up with Rich at KB, we as club members get 15% off on the cage and you're right it's the only six point that allows you to get in and out of the car without killing yourself! :thumbsup:

AND no I've decided Snake don't do well in deep water! :D :eek:

rshelbygt
01-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Apparently you must be re-educated. The KB IRS was legal last year. The car was teched by JWL himself. The car and ALL OF THE MODS were approved by either JWL or Peder Beckman and there are scores of emails proving this. Furthermore, it was allowed by NASA and all the AI Directors to compete as an AI car in 3 weekends of racing (where it won 2 races, took pole 3 times and set the FTD and track records during 2 of the weekends entered), so tell me again, how was it not legal?

Respectfully,

BPT

Show me where it ever was in the American Iron rules (not an email or a bench-racing discussion). I cannot find it in any of the published rules that I have ever read/downloaded.

b_tone
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Show me where it ever was in the American Iron rules (not an email or a bench-racing discussion). I cannot find it in any of the published rules that I have ever read/downloaded.

What is you are looking for?

Further more show me a single suspension system that is mentioned in the rules as being legal? Do you see where I am going? It was not specifically outlawed last year, that by proxy makes it legal. If you are looking for a sentence that reads "KB IRS is legal" you won't find it, but you also won't find a sentence reading "the MM PB/TA is legal".

The KB IRS uses a stock IRS carrier that has been modified. The rules never said it was not legal to modify the pick up points. To that end the KB IRS was legal. The boys out west have since changed that.

Do I really need to hold your hand through this process or are you imbedded to far into the MM family to understand that the car was legal last year and by the intent of AI rules (see RULE 2, showcasing off the shelf aftermarket parts....etc) and by all logical reasoning should be legal this year?

Please tell me you understand all off of this, or shall we turn to the discussion of handling charateristics of the stock OEM IRS vs a well setup PB/TA car (IC's, RC's, SVSA's, Roll-couples et-cetera) and you can explain to me why it's a good idea to think the stock geometry is even close to being superior to a solid axle car as the boys out west do.

If you can also offer your own personal opinion of whether the KB IRS should be allowed or not and any reasoning/logic/tech behind it.

that's a good start.

bpt

rshelbygt
01-07-2005, 01:38 PM
What is you are looking for?

Further more show me a single suspension system that is mentioned in the rules as being legal? Do you see where I am going? It was not specifically outlawed last year, that by proxy makes it legal. If you are looking for a sentence that reads "KB IRS is legal" you won't find it, but you also won't find a sentence reading "the MM PB/TA is legal".

The KB IRS uses a stock IRS carrier that has been modified. The rules never said it was not legal to modify the pick up points. To that end the KB IRS was legal. The boys out west have since changed that.

Do I really need to hold your hand through this process or are you imbedded to far into the MM family to understand that the car was legal last year and by the intent of AI rules (see RULE 2, showcasing off the shelf aftermarket parts....etc) and by all logical reasoning should be legal this year?

Please tell me you understand all off of this, or shall we turn to the discussion of handling charateristics of the stock OEM IRS vs a well setup PB/TA car (IC's, RC's, SVSA's, Roll-couples et-cetera) and you can explain to me why it's a good idea to think the stock geometry is even close to being superior to a solid axle car as the boys out west do.

If you can also offer your own personal opinion of whether the KB IRS should be allowed or not and any reasoning/logic/tech behind it.

that's a good start.

bpt

First of all, back off with the personal attacks and smart a** attitude. I have not made this a personal attack against you or KB and I demand the same respect in return. I trust that most people reading this have no interest in seeing attitude like the above. This will be my last post regarding this subject. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me.

As far as the KB design being legal, it CLEARLY states (and has stated) that the rear framerails cannot be notched in American Iron. You did it...you were called on it...end of discussion.

As far as whether the KB IRS should be allowed, my personal opinion is that I'm up for anything that will make for more competitive racing. I trust that there is a reason for frame rail notching and modified pick up points being frowned upon in American Iron. I do not need tech to support it one way or the other. It's the rule and that's that. I would imagine that there was quite a bit of thought put into that rule and it was not just added to mess with Kenny Brown or you specifically.

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
If you take the frame notching out the KB IRS WAS legal for AI LAST year. READ: sec. 4-e of the 2004 rules. :D http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/2004_AI.pdf

b_tone
01-07-2005, 01:54 PM
As far as the KB design being legal, it CLEARLY states (and has stated) that the rear framerails cannot be notched in American Iron. You did it...you were called on it...end of discussion.

As far as whether the KB IRS should be allowed, my personal opinion is that I'm up for anything that will make for more competitive racing. I trust that there is a reason for frame rail notching and modified pick up points being frowned upon in American Iron. I do not need tech to support it one way or the other. It's the rule and that's that. I would imagine that there was quite a bit of thought put into that rule and it was not just added to mess with Kenny Brown or you specifically.

It's not the end of the discussion because you are wrong. Here is why and I'll even make it bigger so that can read easier:

WE RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM THE NATIONAL AMERICAN IRON TECH DIRECTOR NEARLY 8 MONTHS BEFORE THE CAR RACED THAT MODIFYING THE FRAME RAILS TO ACCOMIDATE THE KB IRS WAS IN FACT LEGAL!!!

If this was not the case why was the car allowed to collect any points in AI at the end of the season? If I did not have the proof that they infact said OK why would they have let it race for 3 weekends and not simply say "that car is not legal"?

Are you simply not getting it? You keep spouting crap that is not accurate/true or the whole story. Do some research before you open yourself up to me telling you that you are simply wrong.

Secondly if you actually beleive that there was thought, logic, technical discussion brought to the table over the KB IRS discussion while the rule were being made you are simply not informed or are ignorant to how the rules process is actually handled in AI.

My issue with you/your comments is simply this, what you are saying is wrong. you are giving people the impression that the car was not legal. It was, END OF DISCUSSION.

If you don't like my attitude that's fine, I may even lose some sleep over it tonight :rolleyes: Next time make sure you check your facts before posting.

Brian "The Trouble Maker" Tone

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
John,

If you take out the 9.5:1 rule all of the AIX cars would be legal in AI. When is it o.k. to take rules out to suit your needs? Rules are there to determine what you can and can not do, not to be disregarded whenever it's convenient or to make a point in a discussion.

Tone,

So the rules stated that you couldn't notch the frame rail...but the director told you you could "modify" the frame rail? Did you point out to the director that the rules state you can't notch frame rails and that is what we intend to do? If so, what did he say?

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 02:32 PM
John,

If you take out the 9.5:1 rule all of the AIX cars would be legal in AI. When is it o.k. to take rules out to suit your needs? Rules are there to determine what you can and can not do, not to be disregarded whenever it's convenient or to make a point in a discussion.

Don,

Please read the rules for 2004 that I linked to. The KB IRS was "LEGAL" for "AI" last year. I'm not making anything convenient for a point of discussion. Frame notching has always been in the rules but the KB IRS was outlawed in 2005 for AI, not 2004.

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 02:35 PM
John,

Here's your statement..."If you take the frame notching out the KB IRS WAS legal for AI LAST year". Is that not taking a rule out of play to suit your needs?

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 02:44 PM
John,

Here's your statement..."If you take the frame notching out the KB IRS WAS legal for AI LAST year". Is that not taking a rule out of play to suit your needs?

The KB IRS was legal last year if you didn't notch the framerails, how's that? :D The framerails were notched for safety reasons.

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 02:45 PM
But they notched the frame rails...so what does that make it?

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm speaking only of the KB IRS not the Tone-Wilson car.

b_tone
01-07-2005, 02:48 PM

We explained it in very detailed fashion why and where the rail needed to be clearnaced. They agreed that it was acceptable for this application. We have that in writing.

Again, they told us it was legal---end of story.

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Based on what you're saying this is true correct?

KB IRS + frame notching = not legal

KB IRS - frame notching = legal

What did Tone/Wilson do?

b_tone
01-07-2005, 02:52 PM

What did Tone/Wilson do?

That was the case last year. This year KB IRS is AIX only for some very very stupid reason that has never been explained and probably never will be.

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Tone,

So basically they told you doing something that was specifically stated in the rules that you couldn't do was legal in your case? Did you question why they would make an exception in your case?

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 02:53 PM

What did Tone/Wilson do?

KB IRS - frame notching = legal as of last year '04 for AI

svt_coupe
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
CMP will be fun. :thumbsup: That's the only thing worth contributing to in this thread. I'm looking forward to see all kinds of cars there. I could give to poops over what suspension they are riding on.

b_tone
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Tone,

So basically they told you doing something that was specifically stated in the rules that you couldn't do was legal in your case? Did you question why they would make an exception in your case?

We explained to them why, and that it was not a ride height issue, it is a matter of how tightly you can bend a peice of tubing for the upper arm.....are you guys really not getting this? Do i have to set up a conference call and get all you guys on the phone and I can explain it?

b_tone
01-07-2005, 02:57 PM
CMP will be fun. :thumbsup: That's the only thing worth contributing to in this thread. I'm looking forward to see all kinds of cars there. I could give to poops over what suspension they are riding on.

Does that mean you will have your new supposed to be secret sponsor provided 400hp mod motor in the car ready to go?

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't need clarification on what you did. I'm trying to understand why you would put so much time and effort into a car that you wanted to race in AI knowing that the powers to be made an exception for your car after it directly stated in the rules that your car would be illegal if you notched the frame rails. I would be very suspect if a tech director gave me the go-ahead when he directly contradicted the rules that are stated on paper. Why take the chance...why not build the car to another series specs, or not do what may become a questionable call in the future?

b_tone
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't need clarification on what you did. I'm trying to understand why you would put so much time and effort into a car that you wanted to race in AI knowing that the powers to be made an exception for your car after it directly stated in the rules that your car would be illegal if you notched the frame rails. I would be very suspect if a tech director gave me the go-ahead when he directly contradicted the rules that are stated on paper. Why take the chance...why not build the car to another series specs, or not do what may become a questionable call in the future?

When the series owners/directors/tech inspectors tell you it's OK you don't generally question them.

Do you also realize that metal to metal contact between the upper arm and the frame rail occurs on a completely stock IRS when driven hard. If you think I am wrong I'll give you Jeremy and Fred's email address and you can ask them.

Here is the gist of it, in order to allow a Ford IRS a fighting chance against a well setup solid axle car there have to be some accomidations. The OEM geometry sucks, plain and simple, the rails need to be clearanced for the safety of the driver (would you want an control arm failing in a high speed corner after it has been slamming into the frame rail?), rules must be written on a car specific basis (like every other sanctioning body in the world does). NASA has taken the approach and stated that they think that a KB IRS will obsolete the solid axle cars, I disagree. With the ratios, the wheel/tire limits etc. i think it's a bunch of crap. I don't know where or if they are getting any tech behind their decisions but the thought process is flawed.

In fact eliminating the KB IRS goes against the very intent of the series (read rule #2).

Shugg, can we expect to be running against you at CMP for the AV8SS weekend?

98banana
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM

I can contribute 2 things to this, 1) yes, CMP will be fun if I can find the money to sign up... and B) Tone is a bigger prick than ever. I still love ya though man! :D

b_tone
01-07-2005, 04:35 PM
I can contribute 2 things to this, 1) yes, CMP will be fun if I can find the money to sign up... and B) Tone is a bigger prick than ever. I still love ya though man! :D

How does correcting false information make me a prick? Not angry just curious.

SIUNARA
01-07-2005, 04:45 PM
"When the series owners/directors/tech inspectors tell you it's OK you don't generally question them."

I sincerely am not trying to be a jerk...but I would have questioned them had I spent the time and money that you and Mark did on your car.

Now I understand where you are coming from. Thanks for being patient and posting answers to questions I'm sure you've hashed through before. Could you and Mark have avoided this situation, yes. Could the NASA directors have made a different decision and changed your fate, yes. I'd say this was an avoidable situation, but it worked out the way it did and everyone has to live with it...no matter how crappy it is for you and Mark.

I personally wish that it was legal in AI. I would love to see another manufacturer throw his or her hat in the AI ring. Plus, I would love to see you and Shugg battle it out after all the smack talk on your part. I personally think that you'd have more car than Shugg, but he's got you in the driving department...so it would prove to be a spectacular race. Maybe it will happen some day, maybe it won't. Until then, I wish everyone luck in their respective race careers in 05.

General statement...

Please remember when you read this stuff that this is purely my opinion. Don't slam me for my views...read what I say and don't take it personal if my opinions or interests differ from your's. I have always posted my opinions, regardless of whether or not people like them. I will never not say anything for fear someone might get upset or take something personal. We are all men here...let's end the soap opera crap and act like adults....well...like grown children at least. :D

On that note, did anyone see the picture of my Focus (Red 55x) in Grassroots Motorsports this month? If you look real close you can read the svtcobraclub.com stickers on my windows!! :thumbsup:

b_tone
01-07-2005, 05:06 PM
....than Shugg, but he's got you in the driving department...

I think that statement is highly debatable......highly.

98banana
01-07-2005, 05:12 PM
How does correcting false information make me a prick? Not angry just curious.

Correcting false information never makes somebody a prick. The following, however does:
Do I really need to hold your hand through this process
If you don't like my attitude that's fine, I may even lose some sleep over it tonight :rolleyes: Next time make sure you check your facts before posting.
Are you simply not getting it? You keep spouting crap that is not accurate/true or the whole story. Do some research before you open yourself up to me telling you that you are simply wrong.
It's not the end of the discussion because you are wrong. Here is why and I'll even make it bigger so that can read easier:

Again, they told us it was legal---end of story.
.....are you guys really not getting this?

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just saying your tone is very prickish. You're not like that in person though, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

b_tone
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
.... Tone is a bigger prick than ever. I still love ya though man! :D

Tom, apparently you are correct. Due to two PM's shot my way asking me to leave the board and take my "arrogance and better than you attitude" elsewhere I will say goobye and wish you all the best. As for the author of the note, it's sad you still don't get it. Good luck.

I can still be reached via email.

BPT

EDIT: Tom, i stand by every word you quoted above.

"some people you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week, which was the way he wants it so he gets it......."

98banana
01-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I think asking you to leave is wrong. You're man enough to stay right here with the rest of us and post what you want. I'll do the same. How would this world be if everybody agreed on everything? The answer is boring as hell.

Tone, don't go away because a few people asked you to. Every message board needs a little attitude. Hell, if you want to slap people around, come on over to the banana board. :D

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 05:39 PM
OK, back to the original intent of this thread. I need KB equipped "club member" cars to come to CMP. I hope many of you can make it.

cobrabitn
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
As moderator of this forum, you were not asked by me to leave Brian.

However, we need to stop the flaming regardless of our opinions on this subject.
It is what it is so I suggest one goes to the AV8SS series and the others can stick with NASA. Either way, please try to keep it clean without flaming anyone.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Tony

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I think asking you to leave is wrong. You're man enough to stay right here with the rest of us and post what you want. I'll do the same. How would this world be if everybody agreed on everything? The answer is boring as hell.

Tone, don't go away because a few people asked you to. Every message board needs a little attitude. Hell, if you want to slap people around, come on over to the banana board. :D

:touche:

Firme
01-07-2005, 07:06 PM
just a friendly FYI

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/cntdn2newCobra.php?month=03&year=2005&day=25&hour=09&min=00&sec=00

an then, there should be a whole new ball game to play

:woot: :woot: :woot:

now that is sig material right der

BAD PNY
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
John

Sorry this is off the KB subject but my 2 cents. I have heard both sides of the argument and just not here. I can understand Tone's frustration. When you put the blood, sweat, and time they did in that car and do so getting the thumbs up only to have the rug ripped out only they know how bad it hurts. For someone to argue with them I find :rotf:

If they debut the car last year and ran mid pack the KB IRS would be legal notched frame or not. The series could not take the chance that that car might obsolete the majority of the field, mechanical problems aside. IMO

Nascar pulls the same crap. I loved watching it for the past 12 years but more and more they mess as soon as someone has a perceived advantage. Now they want to limit gear ratio's... Whats next?

I have no axe to grind either way. I will probably be T1 racing next year...

98banana
01-07-2005, 10:18 PM
:touche:
John, are you trying to egg me on? :rotf:

I been down that road... not going there again... plus, I'm about to make a career change that I need Tony's advice on... :D

Oh yeah, KB sucks!

97whitevert
01-07-2005, 10:36 PM
John, are you trying to egg me on? :rotf:

I been down that road... not going there again... plus, I'm about to make a career change that I need Tony's advice on... :D

Oh yeah, KB sucks!WOW lots of info here!!..... :eek: :eek:

HI TOM!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

cobrabitn
01-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I hope it's not trucking but if it is....lol. :rotf: I'll be happy to fill you in on it...

How did we get off subject anyway? ;) I think this is much better than arguing anyway.

Big Daddy
01-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Oh yeah, KB sucks!

Tom, Tom, Tom, NO BASHING VENDORS!! :eek: :eek: :spank2: :spank2: :tongue: Each other...That's fine but not the vendors! :D ;)

98banana
01-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Tom, Tom, Tom, NO BASHING VENDORS!! :eek: :eek: :spank2: :spank2: :tongue: Each other...That's fine but not the vendors! :D ;)

I was actually bashing you, not the vendor. :D j/k

johnbasf
01-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Tom, I think you'll change your mind a little when you see the Tone-Wilson car run in March. :D :D

johnbasf
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I think the X-AI car can get down to the mid :45's. :D

98banana
01-10-2005, 10:27 AM

That wouldn't suck. I know I had a tough time getting down to 1:50 in the banana. I always wonder what it could have done with more than stock power. Maybe one day I can try it again... :(

johnbasf
01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
That wouldn't suck. I know I had a tough time getting down to 1:50 in the banana. I always wonder what it could have done with more than stock power. Maybe one day I can try it again... :(

Oh the good ole days!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

98banana
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
They'll be back one day!

b_tone
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM
They'll be back one day!

how about sooner than later, i'll sell you an almost brand new, almost AI legal race car built from a BIW, make me an offer..... :D

98banana
01-10-2005, 05:11 PM
how about sooner than later, i'll sell you an almost brand new, almost AI legal race car built from a BIW, make me an offer..... :D

How 'bout a even trade... that fox I gave you a few months ago for it. :D

(By the way, I found the title for that thing if you want it.)

b_tone
01-10-2005, 05:19 PM
How 'bout a even trade... that fox I gave you a few months ago for it. :D

(By the way, I found the title for that thing if you want it.)

sure even trade - hell i may even build a legal AI car out of that one----at least legal until it's fast then they will find a reason to DQ that car as well...

also, give me a call for my address to send the title out.

NO 5 OH
01-13-2005, 05:37 AM

Oh yeah... I bet my car will run in the mid 6's sometime this year ;);)

Crap... you guys aren't talking about going in a straight line :D

Shannon

Big Daddy
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah... I bet my car will run in the mid 6's sometime this year ;);)

Crap... you guys aren't talking about going in a straight line :D

Shannon

Well are you going to bring your Vert to the dragstrip in Feb? I was really hoping you would have a cage in that thing by March so I could spank your butt out on the track at CMP. Because we all know....

Kenny Brown's Suspension Systems ROCK!!

98banana
01-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Kenny Brown's Suspension Systems ride like a ROCK!!

I fixed it for you... :D

Big Daddy
01-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Tom,

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW??? When have you ever been in a KB prepared car??? GEEZE I don't understand how folks who have no experience with something can be such experts???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you and Shannon should get together and talk about nuclear physics cause I'm sure you two know as much about that as you do Kenny Brown's suspension systems! :D ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Firme
01-13-2005, 10:42 AM
so how many of you boys are comming down to TWS later in the year to play with some Maximum Motorsport cars ey??

sorry no KB fanboys down here :p :jk:

98banana
01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Tom,

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW??? When have you ever been in a KB prepared car??? GEEZE I don't understand how folks who have no experience with something can be such experts???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you and Shannon should get together and talk about nuclear physics cause I'm sure you two know as much about that as you do Kenny Brown's suspension systems! :D ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't have to be in the car to know when it breaks. When somebody welds a DOM mild steel tube onto a cromoly arm "by mistake" and it breaks off, that's a problem.

And please don't presume to think that I know nothing about nuclear physics. I just may.

NO 5 OH
01-13-2005, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Big Daddy]Well are you going to bring your Vert to the dragstrip in Feb? I was really hoping you would have a cage in that thing by March so I could spank your butt out on the track at CMP.QUOTE]

Ya know... I was making a simple funny comment to lighten the mood up a bit in here and then you had to go say this. My car has very few suspension mods on it at this point and you want to "whip my butt" on a road course given that I've never seen it, let alone drive it plus that would be my first track event that I've ever been to. This equals no seat time whatsoever. Gee... that's fair :rolleyes:

I'll talk with Tom about building me a set of his subframe connectors (which, I'd put up against KB's stuff any day of the week as far as strength, etc) and I'll see if he might can build me a cage for the car to "legalize" it some bit. In order for it to be fair IF I make it to CMP I'll have Tom drive for me as I wouldn't even be close to running in your group/class as I said I have no experience. My heavy, mostly stock suspensioned vert against your track prepped semi-street car.

Oh and if I get a cage and a clutch in by the drag day... I'll be there. It won't take much for me to make you look like a horses a$$ at the end of the 1320. And I'll do it on drag radials if it makes you happy :D

I'm also sorry you had to spend a boat load more cash, plus cash for labor (two motors here) to get your car to just make 600 at the wheels. I've got all bolt-ons... did the work myself and it still makes more power and it's not even tuned. Imagine what the 2.3L would do with some more boost and a good tune in it :doubt:

Just remember here... you threw the gauntlet first. I'm just coming in and cleaning up the mess.

Shannon

Firme
01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Shannon, I wouldn't take Greg too seriously :D he is one funny mischievous mofo, thats why he told that joke up there in red letters :jk: :p

NO 5 OH
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Shannon, I wouldn't take Greg too seriously :D he is one funny mischievous mofo, thats why he told that joke up there in red letters :jk: :p

Eh... I know Edmond. One thing I do know about Greg is that he does talk a lot of smack... so I had to dish out some of my own ;) Like I said... he mentioned "whipping my butt at CMP" when I hadn't even said anything harsh in his direction at all, except for the poke about MM > KB. I'll be nice as long as he's willing to be :)

Oh BTW... MM strut tower brace will not fit JLT cold air on 03/04 Cobras... just in case you wanted to know :thumbsup:

Shannon

cobrabitn
01-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I think the best way to settle this is on the track. So Shannon, are you coming to CMP? (Greg's already paid for the event).

Shannon, the idea is you see how well you do stock and then add suspension pieces so by next year you will have a much better handling car. You should drive your own car and run it in stock form for the first couple of events. I guarantee you, you will have more fun driving it then watching Tom drive it for you. Wouldn't it be even better if you drove it and you outdrove Greg and not have someone else do it for you?

I would also suggest you ride in Greg's car to see what it feels like. Maybe, he'll let you do a lap just so you can see what a tighter suspension can do for your Cobra? Learn from one another and you may enjoy the hobby more.

Tony

Big Daddy
01-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Tom, Shannon, DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A WAD! I was playing.

Tom geeze I thought I was the only Nuclear Physicist in the crowd but I'm glad to see that you're one also! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D :rotf: See the wink see the smilies see the little dude rolling around laughing??? THIS MEANS IT IS A JOKE!

Shannon, I thought you had thicker skin bud! I really don't care if everyone drives faster than I do on the track. That isn't why I do on track events, I do them to see how fast I can safely drive my car and to have fun.

BTW the reason I pay other people to work on my car is beacuse I CAN! ;) ;) :D :rotf: See the wink see the smilies see the little dude rolling around laughing??? THIS MEANS IT IS A JOKE!

2KWhiteSnake
01-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Well are you going to bring your Vert to the dragstrip in Feb? I was really hoping you would have a cage in that thing by March so I could spank your butt out on the track at CMP. Because we all know....

Kenny Brown's Suspension Systems ROCK!!

Yes Greg, KB rocks, BUT, will the car actually be running so people can take a ride around the track in it? :)

I love ya man! I guess I owe you a grilled Ribeye and some Hot Tubbin for that one :thumbsup:

Craig

Firme
01-14-2005, 02:00 AM
ok dammit :edmond: Greg, there is no go live this year is there??? yo a$$ better come down to Texas with your fancy new trailor.

I gaurantee you will fall in love with our 2.9 miles FAST track

b_tone
01-14-2005, 02:09 AM
I don't have to be in the car to know when it breaks. When somebody welds a DOM mild steel tube onto a cromoly arm "by mistake" and it breaks off, that's a problem.

So why is it bad to weld 1020 to 4130?

Big Daddy
01-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes Greg, KB rocks, BUT, will the car actually be running so people can take a ride around the track in it? :)

I love ya man! I guess I owe you a grilled Ribeye and some Hot Tubbin for that one :thumbsup:

Craig
Well actually Craig, I welded the clutch plate to the hub and it's getting fixed as we chat! So I guess that would be a good question!! ;) :D :eek:
The car should be fixed today or tomorrow and I'll pick it up on my way back to Wilmington this weekend. :D :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
01-14-2005, 08:38 AM
ok dammit :edmond: Greg, there is no go live this year is there??? yo a$$ better come down to Texas with your fancy new trailor.

I gaurantee you will fall in love with our 2.9 miles FAST track

Well....Texas is a LLLLLLOOOOONNNGGGG ways away. I have it on my calendar and I'm planning to come down. This of course assumes that all is well with my job! :D ;)

98banana
01-14-2005, 09:32 AM
So why is it bad to weld 1020 to 4130?
I don't think it is and that wasn't my point. What's bad is using mild steel in a critical section of suspension that sees higher loads than the cromoly piece that it's welded to.

But, I'm no engineer (I may be a nuclear physicist though :D), you are. So why do you need to ask me such a simple question?

98banana
01-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey Greg, I know your messing around and I hope you know I am to. I've known you long enough to know that. But, you also need to understand that the rolling eyes icon is an insult.

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW??? When have you ever been in a KB prepared car??? GEEZE I don't understand how folks who have no experience with something can be such experts???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Big Daddy
01-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Greg, I know your messing around and I hope you know I am to. I've known you long enough to know that. But, you also need to understand that the rolling eyes icon is an insult.

Tom, I roll my eyes like that all the time and I don't mean an insult by it. Just like when I raise my eyebrows it means more of a OH REALLY, in a fun way! ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Firme
01-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Tom, I roll my eyes like that all the time and I don't mean an insult by it. Just like when I raise my eyebrows it means more of a OH REALLY, in a fun way! ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

I accomplish that by doing this:

:rolleyes: :D
or
:rolleyes: :p
or
:rolleyes: :jk:
or
:doubt: :D

Cobra-R
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
So, how does the MM and KB stuff compare to Griggs? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Brian

PS: Just reading this thread for the first time.

98banana
01-19-2005, 03:40 PM
So, how does the MM and KB stuff compare to Griggs? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Brian

Griggs Suspension Systems ROCK!! Right before they break! :D

Big Daddy
01-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Brian

Seeing as I have never driven a car with my kind of RWHP and Torque with either of those systems I wouldn't know! :D ;) I will say that since you don't come on the forums much anymore Griggs doesn't enter the conversations much! :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
01-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Seeing as I have never driven a car with my kind of RWHP and Torque with either of those systems I wouldn't know! :D ;) I will say that since you don't come on the forums much anymore Griggs doesn't enter the conversations much! :thumbsup:

I've only driven a barts works equiped front end and KB equiped rear IRS car(00R) on the track, so I really don't have much imput to give either.

I am totally MM now, after all the Griggs stuff broke. (I assumed you knew that).

I sure would like to come down and see all you guys again, March is just too early to get shed doors open(frozen) and take trailers out on salt lainden roads. :(

Brian

Big Daddy
01-21-2005, 09:15 AM
I've only driven a barts works equiped front end and KB equiped rear IRS car(00R) on the track, so I really don't have much imput to give either.

I am totally MM now, after all the Griggs stuff broke. (I assumed you knew that).

I sure would like to come down and see all you guys again, March is just too early to get shed doors open(frozen) and take trailers out on salt lainden roads. :(

Brian

Yep Little Brian I remember you switched! ;) I was just giving a little good natured ribbing! :D Maybe this year I can make Gingerman, I really want to try that track and with my new Texas Rollback trailer it's a breeze to load and unload the car! PLUS it with the windbreak on the front it pulls much easier! :thumbsup: I still don't have your kinda money to have an enclosed! ;) :D

NewFoundPower
01-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Greg, what the hell are you doing up at 8:15am on your day off?!?!?!?!?!?!

-D-

bolt-on
01-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Brian[/QUOTE]

We are going to open the frozen shed doors, plow a path in the snow out to the road and brave the salt laden roads. Come on Brian, its an American tradition SPRING BREAK!! Now if John could just arrange for the umbrella girls and the bikini contest :cool:

Cobra-R
01-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Larry,
I would love to come down and see the whole crew again, just wish it was a month later. :( A shakedown run for the 95 would be nice before the season starts up here, we'll see. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian

johnbasf
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Brian, did you get my e-mail about Barry?

Cobra-R
01-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Brian, did you get my e-mail about Barry?

Nope, havn't gotten anything. When did you send it? Can you send it in a PM? We got a new spam filter(at the server) and I hardly get any emails anymore.

Brian

johnbasf
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
PM sent.

flynfink
01-31-2005, 04:52 PM
We are going to open the frozen shed doors, plow a path in the snow out to the road and brave the salt laden roads. Come on Brian, its an American tradition SPRING BREAK!! Now if John could just arrange for the umbrella girls and the bikini contest :cool:

Come on Larry, that's your job to get the Michigan Co-ed's to come down for spring break and be the umbrella girls.. You get em' to come down and I'll organize the bikini contest. :bounce: :bounce:

DHR Inc
02-24-2005, 09:23 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #171717" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Kenny Brown Contingency Program
The American V-8 Supercar Series (AV8SS), , is pleased to announce Kenny Brown Industries to it's growing list of sponsors. Long a leader in building and racing sedans in North America, Kenny Brown will be offering extensive contingency cash payouts, product credits and year end championship awards. Racers can look forward to the synergy generated by these two professional and dynamic organizations. Details can be found at KB Contingency on www.av8ss.com (http://www.av8ss.com/)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->:thumbsup: