PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Week in Mrytle Beach 2005

cobra330
01-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Anyone planning on heading down to Mrytle Beach 2005 this year? It's July 25-31st...at least I think those are the dates..I know it is the last week in July. Just curious. I am going as it stands now..so, wondered if anyone else would be there. Probably caravan down with a few other Cobra's from Maryland!

NewFoundPower
01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Yep, planning on being there.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-D-

blk04cobra1
01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I plan on being there as well...probably with folks from the BlackMustangClub...but there nonetheless

beerkat
01-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I will be there, of course I live there so it makes it easy:rotf:

Big Daddy
01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh I imagine I will be there. I've been the past two years. Maybe if we can get enough SCMC members to go we can setup a booth to recruit folks?? :thumbsup: :D

BigRedMachine
01-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Keep me in the loop because I might be able to go. To early to tell right now.

cobra330
01-07-2005, 12:03 PM
I am going with my girlfriend. We will probably be following some other Cobra owners from the area down on the 23/24th and return the 31st. Not sure where we are staying but, those that decide to go let me know..we can pass cell phone numbers so, we can perhaps meet up one night...

blk04cobra1
01-07-2005, 12:26 PM
im getting a discount on a hotel room from another website, but not too sure about the "quality" of the rooms...im not picky, but my wife is ;) ...I imagine if we can get enough definite interest we can coordinate something with a hotel down there...by they way, i plan on heading down after work on the 27th, so we'll have thurs, fri, sat, and sun.

cobra330
01-07-2005, 06:27 PM
If anyone knows of a hotel with vacancies let me know..starting to fill quick. I need to make a reservation asap. Who's got connections??? Let me know!

cobra330
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I made my reservations for here http://www.holidaysandssouth.com/

It is 4 miles from the host hotel..on the strip where all the stangs cruise and right on the beach!

Call and ask for Jeff..you can get a 10% discount. It's only $672.00 for the week for a 1 bedroom effiecency with oceanview. That's awesome!

1-800-448-4439!!

See you there!

beerkat
01-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounds like that there will be a AutoX held the same day as the car show. Both will be done at the Convention Center. The AutoX will be held in the section of the parking lot where some of the the folks were doing doughnuts at last year's event.

cobra330
01-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Sounds like that there will be a AutoX held the same day as the car show. Both will be done at the Convention Center. The AutoX will be held in the section of the parking lot where some of the the folks were doing doughnuts at last year's event.

Beerkat..a question...I hope the answer is good...how is the Holiday Sands South Hotel...is this place okay?

beerkat
01-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Cobra330 Most of the hotels are OK. I have not stayed in any of them so I have no first hand knowelgde of them. I live on the other end of the beach, North end vs, South end form where you are talking about. If you want ot be close to the Convention Center there is a La Quinta on 21st ave N that or if you want to stay up on the north end ther is a Holiday Inn Express and a Fairfield ( I think that what it is). the Holiday Inn is in resturant row and the Fairfield is near the Hooters @ Colonial Mall. That where some of the cruise in where last year.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

cobra330
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks Beerkat. I already booked there at the Holiday Sands South..but, I just wanted to see what it was like...they do not have real pictures on their site.

beerkat
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
If you can give me a address for the Holiday Sands I would be glad to run by it an take a look.:thumbsup:

cobra330
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
If you can give me a address for the Holiday Sands I would be glad to run by it an take a look.:thumbsup:

2411 South Ocean Blvd...

I really do appreciate it!

beerkat
01-13-2005, 02:48 PM
I drove down that way today and it looks be nice. Has great view of the ocean. You are at the far end of Ocean Blvd. so you may not have to much cruising traffic. It took about 25 min. to go from where you are staying up to the Colonial Mall, of course there is not much traffic at this time of year so you might add anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes during the summer just depends on the traffic. You are close to a full service car wash on Kings Hwy. (BUS 17) it at the end of 25th Ave S. which is you best way to and from 17.

Hope this helps

cobra330
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info Beerkat!

I hope to do some research for places next year while I am there this year.

GeoSnake
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I was on the Mustang Week Staff for the first 3 years (I'm "retired" now) and I stayed at the Holiday Sands each year. I actually stayed in their cheapest rooms, but was satified. If you are going to have your spouse/significant other along, you will want to be in the building on the beach side of the street. It's newer and a bit nicer. I found that I really only used the hotel room as a place to sleep and clean up. ALSO and most importantly, the Holiday Sands South provides a car wash area for those staying there!

blk04cobra1
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
i'll be down there wed-sun...should be a good time

z28What
02-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I might be going with some fellow stangers from around the area, we will definately have to meet up somewhere.

blake

cobracrazy
02-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Cobra330-

My grandparents live in Myrtle Beach and its been some years since I have visited. This will give me a reason to check in on them. I will stay at thier house but I want to hook up for the drive down. How many folks do we have so far????

Scott

cobra330
02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Cobra330-

My grandparents live in Myrtle Beach and its been some years since I have visited. This will give me a reason to check in on them. I will stay at thier house but I want to hook up for the drive down. How many folks do we have so far????

Scott

Leaving Saturday driving halfway..and then the rest of the way Sunday with about 5 or so other Cobra's from my area...I will be there for the whole week! Staying at the Holiday Sands South..so...like for the yellow vert in the parking lot!

cobracrazy
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Sounds good! Can I travel with you guys? I probably won't stay for the whole week but we'll see.

cobra330
02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds good! Can I travel with you guys? I probably won't stay for the whole week but we'll see.

Sure..we will leave sometime during the day on July 23rd..and go about halfway..then get there on July 24th....and then head back the following Sunday. As the time gets closer..I will let you know where you can meet us along the way. We have a few coming from PA..that will be bringing their motorhome..as they are towing thier Cobras! I will be driving mine!

cobracrazy
02-10-2005, 01:22 PM
My motor home is out having the blower ported so it will be unavailable. :D Hence I will be driving my Cobra.

BTW: I know you miss the old yellow Cobra but... When are you going to put a picture of your new ride in your avatar?

cobra330
02-10-2005, 02:26 PM
My motor home is out having the blower ported so it will be unavailable. :D Hence I will be driving my Cobra.

BTW: I know you miss the old yellow Cobra but... When are you going to put a picture of your new ride in your avatar?

Yeah I gotta work on that..I have to reduce a good picture down to size to do it...everytime I try it does not work..it's becoming a PITA!

cobra330
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Rodcobra
06-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Ttt :d

InfamousSVT
06-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Just found out that a couple of friends of mine are going to be heading down that way. So I will probably head down for the weekend if I can get off of work, but not sure yet.

I hope to see some of you guys there!:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Just found out that a couple of friends of mine are going to be heading down that way. So I will probably head down for the weekend if I can get off of work, but not sure yet.

I hope to see some of you guys there!:thumbsup:

I'll be going for the weekend and David Lewis said he is coming down from Wilmington for at least Saturday.

InfamousSVT
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Where are you guys staying at?
If the guys don't get something on hold, I guess I'll just drive down there Friday morning after I get off of work and just stay awake the whole weekend:D :eek: I've done it before, so won't be nothing new......as long as I'm doing something I'll be good to go!:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-28-2005, 12:34 AM
I might be starting in Columbia, SC if the company I work for gets this project they are bidding on. Otherwise I'll be leaving from Asheville probably on Thursday night. I'll be at the car show on Friday and at the cruise in on Saturday. We'll head home on Sunday, what time will depend on whether I'm working or not. :D ;)

NewFoundPower
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I'll be going for the weekend and David Lewis said he is coming down from Wilmington for at least Saturday.

Yeah, I am planning on being that Saturday and maybe Sunday as well. For once, an event is close enough to me that I can make it there in about an hour or so. Since I am so close, I am planning on just driving back Saturday night and then depending on what else is going, I might drive back down again Sunday. Besides, somebody has to babysit Greg :rotf: .

-D-

blk04cobra1
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Im heading down Wednesday morning...plan on attending everything except for the drag night...btw--there's no events on Sunday :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
David you should come down on Friday for the show and we can cruise the strip Friday night! :D ;)

NewFoundPower
06-28-2005, 12:18 PM
David you should come down on Friday for the show and we can cruise the strip Friday night! :D ;)
Sure thing!! Just let me know when you are gonna head down.

-D-

Big Daddy
06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Sure thing!! Just let me know when you are gonna head down.

-D-
DUH....I'll be there Friday for the show. Gee kids nowadays can't read and UNDERSTAND what it means when you will be somewhere on FRIDAY! :eek: :eek: ;) :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NewFoundPower
06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
DUH....I'll be there Friday for the show. Gee kids nowadays can't read and UNDERSTAND what it means when you will be somewhere on FRIDAY! :eek: :eek: ;) :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Well, last time I checked there were 24 hours in a Friday(in case you forgot) and since I will probably have to work, it would be helpful to know which one of those hours you were picking on coming down. Damn old people, forget everything, Ginko Biloba does work you know :D :D :D :p :p :p :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.

-D-

Big Daddy
06-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, last time I checked there were 24 hours in a Friday(in case you forgot) and since I will probably have to work, it would be helpful to know which one of those hours you were picking on coming down. Damn old people, forget everything, Ginko Biloba does work you know :D :D :D :p :p :p :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.

-D-

Well IF you had taken the time to read ALL of my post I said I was attending the car show on Friday. From that you could have gone to the Mustang Week site to see when the car show was, but I know you're computer challenged so here it is for you!

Friday, July 29, 2005

2nd Annual Car Show at Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Registration from 11am-12pm. Show from 12pm-5pm, Awards at 6pm.

Kids not only are they LAZY but they don't pay attention to the details. AND I'm sorry but no amount of "HERBS" will assist you with these problems. ;) ;) :D :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NewFoundPower
06-29-2005, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Big Daddy]Well IF you had taken the time to read ALL of my post I said I was attending the car show on Friday. From that you could have gone to the Mustang Week site to see when the car show was, but I know you're computer challenged so here it is for you! [QUOTE]

Read all of your post? Now where is the fun in that?:p

Well, I am gonna ASSUME that you will be there all day so, I will leave work about noon to head down there. Looks like I will be coming by myself, I asked Cat to come but she refuses to spend a whole day looking at cars. I tried to goad her into it by asking her if she was really gonna let me go down to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week where there will be tons of women completely unsupervised. She looked at me and said "Honey, you are going to be so focused on looking at cars that more than likely you are going to forget women exist!". Ahh well, I tried but she knows me too well.

-D-

cobra330
06-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I'll be at the Holiday Sands South Hotel....hopefully I'll meet some of you...More than likely I'll try to wear a Cobra Hat...in yellow or black with yellow trim so...you can try to find me...although with as many people that are going to be there..it still may be hard to do!

InfamousSVT
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm heading down on Wed. until Sun...............I'll be with a few friends with GT's, but I'll be the one with the Orange Cobra:p ........license plate INFAMOUS.

Just listen for the loud whine:D

Big Daddy
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Well one of the partners in the consulting firm I work for called me today. I have to travel for the next three weeks to Dallas. I'll be getting home on the 28th at 11:00 PM so I guess the show on Friday is out I'll be driving down for just Friday night and Saturday night now....BUMMER! I may actually stay until Monday if I don't have to go anywhere that week! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
07-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Plans have changed........well they haven't changed, but I can't go!:(

I won't be able to get off from work cause another co-working is taking that week and I'm on-call for the weekend! Really sucks, so take some pics for us folks that can't make it.

cobra330
07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Leaving this Saturday..taking 2 days to get there..just going to take it slow. I'll be at the Holiday Sands South Hotel...04 Yellow Vert...see ya there...Well hopefully I get my blower pulley fixed..seems it's moving a bit on the shaft. That'll teach me to buy used!