PDA

View Full Version : Idler Pulley Question.

InfamousSVT
01-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm putting on the 2.80 blower pulley on and replacing the stock hi-drag idler pulleys with the Billet low-drag pulleys, but instead of putting on the tension pulley. Can I replace the 90mm idler pulleys with the 100mm idler pulley too keep more tension on the belt so that I can still use the belt guard. That way it still looks stock when opening the hood?:D
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraasp.htm#1

Dave B.
01-11-2005, 01:35 AM
If you get billet idlers, I highly recomend that you also take the bearings out of your stock idlers and put them into the billet ones, I went round and round with this problem, the high speed bearings in those billet idlers are just that, High spped, not high strength.

they will work for only a 1000 miles or so then you will start hearing sqeeks.

I went through 4 entire sets of bearings until we put stock OEM bearings in the billets, now they work fine,

93KingCobra
01-11-2005, 01:41 AM
If I was you I would go with these. I just got mine in today and they look awsome :thumbsup:

http://www.billetflow.com/IdlerBracket.htm

Dave B.
01-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Yes I agree compleatly, I have the Motoblues and they use a clip ring to hold the bearing into place,

The Billetflow however uses five bolts to lock the outter race down, but I can tell you now the bearings are the kind that will not last.

InfamousSVT
01-11-2005, 01:58 AM
03KingCobra,

Did you get the Blower Pulley with your set? What size 2.80?
I like the looks of those! If you don't mind me asking how much was the whole set with or without the upper pulley? I believe that kit just won me over! I get paid on Friday, so I'll be ordering them then, after I find out the price and info on everything!:D

InfamousSVT
01-11-2005, 02:18 AM
I just sent BilletFlow an email, as soon as I get a response and find out everything, I'll be getting mine!

Big thanks to you 03KingCobra!;)

~I'm so happy with the members in this club, they always lend out a helping hand~:thumbsup: :D :D
- J

Dave B.
01-11-2005, 02:33 AM
how is it no one else has said anything about these bearings going bad but me?

I am not the only one out here thats had Motoblue Billet pulleys, and everyone one of these bearings has gone bad in a very short period of time,

How come no one else says anything???

Red03
01-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Infamous SVT you will be pleased with the service you get from Doug at billetflow. The product he produces as will as the customer service are second to none. You might want to ask him if you could get the December special he was running on pulley combo's. I don't remember the details on the package, but it was a heck of a deal. You never know he might give it to you.

BTW: Delete RPMOUTLET from your favorites, block it from your computer, I have never heard anything about them. I'm sure someone has had a good experience with them. Yes they have cheap prices, but you know you do get what you pay for. JMHO

Mephisto
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I always assumed that the problem was with my belt. Mine squeeks after a few months, figured it had to do with getting wet from the vents in the hood. I just replace the belt and the noise goes away for a few months. I have a 2.93 pulley and the rest are stock.

Could it just be your belt and not the pulleys?

crunchit
01-11-2005, 04:25 PM
If I was you I would go with these. I just got mine in today and they look awsome :thumbsup:

http://www.billetflow.com/IdlerBracket.htm

I like that set up. Which one exactly did you go with? The dark fire would look pretty hot on my car.

thanks,

~steve

93KingCobra
01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I just sent BilletFlow an email, as soon as I get a response and find out everything, I'll be getting mine!

Big thanks to you 03KingCobra!;)

~I'm so happy with the members in this club, they always lend out a helping hand~:thumbsup: :D :D
- J

Infamous I paid the Dec. special rate of 555.00 for everything which you get your choice of pulley size(non-slip) plus all idlers (4) plus the billetflow pulley puller. Shipping was included..

I personally got the 2.93 B/C I will be going with a 2# lower later on (clear)

Phil

InfamousSVT
01-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks Phil,

I have talked with Doug (Billet Flow) and I'm ordering mine this Friday. I'm going to try to get the Orange ones they have according to the SVTperformance boards!