PDA

View Full Version : Austin Cruise 05 - Part 1

Firme
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
ok everyone.. its that time again. Time for us to have another SCMC Cobra Austin Cruise.

-Planning phase..

Let have some input.

Date 3/19-3/20

Leaving saturday morning and comming back Sunday evening.

Does anyone have any particular suggestions in changing the format?

Any suggestions on changing the launching point in Austin (HEB), or the Pre-Hill country run preparations, lunch?

Food? Do you guys want the Oasis again?

Anyone have any issues about staying at the Radisson again???

Lets hear from you guys.

LadyCobra01'
01-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I had a Blast last time! I'm all for the Oasis's since I didn't make the Fall Austin Cruise! The Raddisson was fine with me. Maybe they would work a better price since we use them every year! That's my .02! :D

Kim

Firme
01-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I had a Blast last time! I'm all for the Oasis's since I didn't make the Fall Austin Cruise! The Raddisson was fine with me. Maybe they would work a better price since we use them every year! That's my .02! :D

Kim

:thumbsup: we try to get the best pricing, last go around I think they were at least $50 cheaper than the group rate at any other Austin Downtown hotel with a covered parking garage.
:drunk:

LadyCobra01'
01-12-2005, 01:02 PM
:thumbsup: we try to get the best pricing, last go around I think they were at least $50 cheaper than the group rate at any other Austin Downtown hotel with a covered parking garage.
:drunk:

:thumbsup: Sounds Great to me! :bounce:

97CasperCobra
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
you know I'm in. Let me know when I can start spreading the word on the other SVT sites. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
01-12-2005, 02:14 PM
I am OUT!

cobrapace94
01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Since I have NOT made a cruise "yet", it sounds good to me. I'm hoping to make this one for sure. :thumbsup: It always sounds like a good time.

AirForce1
01-12-2005, 02:22 PM
you know i'm in so just let me know...... because this will be my first cruse with the club. besides i'll be 21 on thur.. so you know what that means........:drunk: + more :drunk: = :hatparty: and :headbang:

97CasperCobra
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
so you know what that means........:drunk: + more :drunk: = :hatparty: and :headbang:

Just a friendly FYI, word of advise.....don't get too :drunk: as we leave fairly early from the hotel Sunday. Driving home w/huge ass hangover isn't always a good thing. ;)

AirForce1
01-12-2005, 02:40 PM
thats true I and planning to do all that tomarrow?

but your right micky good advise. :thumbsup:

Firme
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I am OUT!

is the new :baby: gonna be here??? it won't be the same without ya yelling out "NONONONO, OK ONE MORE ROUND, CMON"

msmap
01-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Kink #1

It's Easter Weekend :eek:

97CasperCobra
01-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Kink #1

:scratch: crap.....next??

John Chingasos
01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
is the new :baby: gonna be here??? it won't be the same without ya yelling out "NONONONO, OK ONE MORE ROUND, CMON"

Is Henry's wife pregnant????? If so congratulations and good luck?

Ls What?
01-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm In, I'll get more info at the on Tuesday.

:touche:

AirForce1
01-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I'll be out of town next week goin on a cruse. :cool:

Jesse99
01-12-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm in, and also my buddy David .. We had a blast the last time.. I've already been planing this since the last cruise. :D Keep me posted.. :thumbsup:

Josh968
01-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Just a friendly FYI, word of advise.....don't get too :drunk: as we leave fairly early from the hotel Sunday. Driving home w/huge ass hangover isn't always a good thing. ;)

Not only that, drink enough the night before and you can still be legally intoxicated the next day. Sometimes it's not a hangover you're feeling.

93KingCobra
01-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh hell yea you know I'm in :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

coleman
01-14-2005, 12:38 AM
And I'll do my best to attend again...

raven69david
01-14-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm in and may take the :baby: along so everyone can see her.:thumbsup:

Firme
01-14-2005, 02:03 AM
it would be awesome to see you guys :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
01-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Kink #1

I would like to go... Any word on a revised date???

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Firme
01-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I would like to go... Any word on a revised date???

How does March 19-20th sound?

jimmysidecarr
01-14-2005, 01:06 PM

Sounds good to me...

LadyCobra01'
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Great! :thumbsup:

msmap
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm in and may take the :baby: along so everyone can see her.:thumbsup:

Great, I would love to see her.

Revised date is :bounce:

97CasperCobra
01-14-2005, 06:53 PM

I'll do my best to make it. :thumbsup:

raven69david
01-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Anyone think a problem with the spring break crowd might swallow up all the hotel rooms downtown?...or is spring break over by then? Damn it's been too long since i've done a spring break.:banghead:

Firme
01-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Anyone think a problem with the spring break crowd might swallow up all the hotel rooms downtown?...or is spring break over by then? Damn it's been too long since i've done a spring break.:banghead:

well if we get decent interest and an accurate count of who wants to go, we always get dibs on a block of rooms at the hotel that people can reserve. That way you have a time frame to get the room. :dunno:

Jesse99
01-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Awesome.. March 19-20th sounds good to me also.. :thumbsup:

Carl G
01-15-2005, 09:30 PM
You guys know that Deb and I are in as long as my job does not send me up north. I was in San Antonio last week and the Riverwalk would be fun for the group? Any Comments. We could cruise the hills and then head south on I35. Its a nice cruise up the road. Just a suggestion :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
01-15-2005, 10:02 PM
I was in San Antonio last week and the Riverwalk would be fun for the group? Any Comments.

it would be nice to hit up other cities and have the locals show us around...may be a little better as a recruiting thing as well. Maybe in the Fall we can throw up the idea of moving the cruise to SA or Dallas. :thumbsup:

JBoden
01-15-2005, 10:44 PM
March 19 & 20 looks good :bounce: and we love the idea of a SA cruise in the fall. :cool:

Count us In.

Firme
01-16-2005, 04:24 PM
You guys know that Deb and I are in as long as my job does not send me up north. I was in San Antonio last week and the Riverwalk would be fun for the group? Any Comments. We could cruise the hills and then head south on I35. Its a nice cruise up the road. Just a suggestion :thumbsup:

That sounds like a plan for the next cruise after march Carl :thumbsup: there has been alot of talk about doing additional cruises to additional cities. We can take a look at a map one Tuesday, and start putting together our strategy ;)

Andy M
01-18-2005, 11:29 PM
ok folks... sorry I have been really busy lately, plus Tammy keeps me occupied these days so not much time online for me anymore ;)

While Tammy and I would love to do the weekend of Easter (for purely personal reasons), we understand that this is not very popular for the majority of you. So, I/we will see if we can re-arrange our schedules to see to it that we can make it on the weekend of March 19/20th. Is this the consensus amongst everyone? Have we for sure decided that it is that weekend? if so, we need to begin making reservations at the hotel - like NOW! :rolleyes:

Firme
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM
ok folks... sorry I have been really busy lately, plus Tammy keeps me occupied these days so not much time online for me anymore ;)

While Tammy and I would love to do the weekend of Easter (for purely personal reasons), we understand that this is not very popular for the majority of you. So, I/we will see if we can re-arrange our schedules to see to it that we can make it on the weekend of March 19/20th. Is this the consensus amongst everyone? Have we for sure decided that it is that weekend? if so, we need to begin making reservations at the hotel - like NOW! :rolleyes:

Andy, I am still waiting to hear from everyone, and making sure noone finds anything about that date that would be a problem, but its 90% the 19/20th at this point. Please check back before Thursday as more solid info will be posted then.

Firme
01-20-2005, 05:40 PM
OK PROBLEM :mad:

March 19-20th will not work. SXSW is going on that weekend in full swing and there is going to be problem getting enough room.

Looking at what weekend would work out best as far as Hotel and crowds go, the options seem to be either March 5-6, or April 2-3.

What do you guys think??

msmap
01-20-2005, 06:02 PM
March 5-6, Hubbs will be home :) April is good but I will have to fly solo :(

Firme
01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
March 5-6, Hubbs will be home :) April is good but I will have to fly solo :(

:thumbsup: Thanks, I am thinking 5-6th as well

anyone have any major issues?

97CasperCobra
01-20-2005, 07:12 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks, I am thinking 5-6th as well

anyone have any major issues?

April would be best for me...but I'll see if I can swing the 5-6th. Keep it at that unless it posses a problem. :thumbsup:

Jesse99
01-20-2005, 08:00 PM
The 5-6th of March will be tight for me.. But April will work just fine..

Firme
01-20-2005, 08:36 PM
well speaking to the Hotel again, March 5th-6th will be tight for us also as they are almost fully booked on group blocks :edmond: :edmond: :edmond:

it might have to get pushed into April since there is too much going on in Austin in March, I will get a call back tomorrow :edmond: (sorry Sherri :( )

jimmysidecarr
01-20-2005, 09:50 PM
well speaking to the Hotel again, March 5th-6th will be tight for us also as they are almost fully booked on group blocks :edmond: :edmond: :edmond:

it might have to get pushed into April since there is too much going on in Austin in March, I will get a call back tomorrow :edmond: (sorry Sherri :( )

SCREW IT!!
Let's just drive up to Watkins Glen!!!

J/K
;)
Jimmy :)

msmap
01-20-2005, 10:34 PM
SCREW IT!!
Let's just drive up to Watkins Glen!!!

J/K
;)
Jimmy :)

I'm in. A long road trip would be cool :thumbsup: But can we at least wait till it warms up :)

Firme
01-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Are you in on the Austin cruise Jimmy???

So.... How does the April 2-3 strike people? :doubt:

93KingCobra
01-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't care let get it on!!!

The sooner the better to have more fun in the Cobra

jimmysidecarr
01-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Are you in on the Austin cruise Jimmy???

So.... How does the April 2-3 strike people? :doubt:

Sounds good to me...

Sound familiar?

Am I in???

You didn't actually think I had ...... A LIFE.... did you???

Of course I'm in!!!!

Baring the unforeseen .... AND ... assuming we can get a weekend lined up when all the hotels and motels in Austin aren't full of conventioneers, hookers and :spimpin: ...

Will we know within the next couple of......... days?... weeks?... months? :doubt:

I may have to just get a single at "Lou's Low Rent Redneck Rooms"...
Where they put new meaning to the term "room service"...

Reviews... Include

Biff's low rent motel guide... Texas Edition/2004

Lou's.....
"In the heart of the historic and quaint "red light district" , you will find a most delightful little break from the corporate "cookie cutter" MEGA MOTELS...
For it is there, that Lou's, has carved his niche. Complete with the patented "FULL SERVICE ROOM SERVICE", Lou's is the ULTIMATE in "I need to crash now" lodging!!!
No longer is it necessary to cruise for hours trying to get the "hook up" while pining for the "comforts" of home...
Now through the modern marvels of graft and corruption, you can enjoy one stop shopping at the ULTIMATE LOW RENT MOTEL!!!
Just call 1-800 NEEDABOF now for the most competitive rates this side of Vegas!!!!

Just kidding ;) :naughty:

Maybe I should just go into advertising :rolleyes:

Jimmy ;)

Twice Bitten
01-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Sound familiar?

Am I in???

You didn't actually think I had ...... A LIFE.... did you???

Of course I'm in!!!!

Baring the unforeseen .... AND ... assuming we can get a weekend lined up when all the hotels and motels in Austin aren't full of conventioneers, hookers and :spimpin: ...

Will we know within the next couple of......... days?... weeks?... months? :doubt:

I may have to just get a single at "Lou's Low Rent Redneck Rooms"...
Where they put new meaning to the term "room service"...

Reviews... Include

Lou's.....
"In the heart of the historic and quaint "red light district" , you will find a most delightful little break from the corporate "cookie cutter" MEGA MOTELS...
For it is there, that Lou's, has carved his niche. Complete with the patented "FULL SERVICE ROOM SERVICE", Lou's is the ULTIMATE in "I need to crash now" lodging!!!
No longer is it necessary to cruise for hours trying to get the "hook up" while pining for the "comforts" of home...
Now through the modern marvels of graft and corruption, you can enjoy one stop shopping at the ULTIMATE LOW RENT MOTEL!!!
Just call 1-800 NEEDABOF now for the most competitive rates this side of Vegas!!!!

Just kidding ;) :naughty:

Maybe I should just go into advertising :rolleyes:

Jimmy ;)

Now that is some really funny sh!t!!!!! :rotf: :lol: :jk:

jimmysidecarr
01-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Now that is some really funny sh!t!!!!! :rotf: :lol: :jk:

I'm not sure they(SCMC) knew what they were getting... when they said ..."sure ... come on down!!!"

Jimmy :clown: :retard: :twitchy: :naughty: :fordflag:

Firme
01-21-2005, 01:31 AM
:lol: Jimmy :rotf:

Actually, hopefully you will like the place we stay at every Austin Cruise. Its on 1st street, so its walking distance from 6th street and the bars. We park the cars, walk to 6th, :woot: :banana: :hatparty: :drunk: :cheers: , and the stumble back to the Hotel. Its also got covered parking, is on the Lake, and is right next to the Bat Bridge, where you can watch the bats come out at sundown. Its a pretty cool place I think, and everyone has seemed to like it :dunno: and its alot cheaper than any other hotel we price downton with a parking garage.

Sure beats staying at some hotel away from nightlife and just turning in at sundown (unless that is ones intention). :doubt:

msmap
01-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Yep, we try to eat breakfast out on the deck overlooking the lake to clear our heads enough to drive home, helps a little, after closing down 6th Street. Parking is awesome, no worries :thumbsup:

Z06 Chic
01-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I will try to see if I can make this cruise

Firme
01-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I will try to see if I can make this cruise

:thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
01-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Lou's.....

Here's one you overlooked: The motel across from Harrah's in Lake Charles...where the night auditor asked me and Larry "so...how long will you need the room?" Could have heard a pin drop...rest of the story to be told over dinner some time...

We are OUT the weekend of 4/2-3...Landon's birthday is 3/29 and the weekend prior is Easter, so 4/2 is the logical 5th Birthday Fireman Party Blowout date. Sorry...have fun!

AustinSVT
01-23-2005, 11:04 AM
can't wait to see all the snakes again :thumbsup:

<---goober in the blue mach taking the crummy pics last time around :o

Codes
01-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Would anyone be interested in coming back to Houston on Sat night? I am going to see if I can get dad to come along but him not really being into the whole bar/club thing and me not being old enough would kind of make for a not so fun night for us. Would really like to come to think one.

Jesse99
01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey Codes, My friend David went the last time with his Family and had a blast.. They didn't go to the Clubs because he has kids, but they did walk around and saw some sites.. They had so much fun, the whole family are making plans to do it again.. :thumbsup:

Codes
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey Codes, My friend David went the last time with his Family and had a blast.. They didn't go to the Clubs because he has kids, but they did walk around and saw some sites.. They had so much fun, the whole family are making plans to do it again.. :thumbsup:
Thats some real interesting info, thanks. This might make my parents want to come more:thumbsup:

raven69david
01-24-2005, 01:52 AM
:lol: Jimmy :rotf:

Actually, hopefully you will like the place we stay at every Austin Cruise. Its on 1st street, so its walking distance from 6th street and the bars. We park the cars, walk to 6th, :woot: :banana: :hatparty: :drunk: :cheers: , and the stumble back to the Hotel. Its also got covered parking, is on the Lake, and is right next to the Bat Bridge, where you can watch the bats come out at sundown. Its a pretty cool place I think, and everyone has seemed to like it :dunno: and its alot cheaper than any other hotel we price downton with a parking garage. They may also have another lovely marathon that happens right in front of the hotel at 7:00am with loud music blaring along the route exactly like last year.:mad:

Sure beats staying at some hotel away from nightlife and just turning in at sundown (unless that is ones intention). :doubt:Fixed!:rolleyes:

Firme
01-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Fixed!:rolleyes:

I think the firealarm this last time was much better :D

96MysticSVT
01-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm in on pretty much any date y'all decide on. :thumbsup:

We started another SVT forum in Austin (www.AustinSVT.com (http://www.AustinSVT.com)) so we should be able to increase the Austin turn out this time around.

I'm going to try and come up with a new cruise route for you unless you want to stick with the same one from last year.

Firme
01-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm in on pretty much any date y'all decide on. :thumbsup:

We started another SVT forum in Austin (www.AustinSVT.com (http://www.AustinSVT.com)) so we should be able to increase the Austin turn out this time around.

I'm going to try and come up with a new cruise route for you unless you want to stick with the same one from last year.

Matt, glad you can make it. I hopefully we will break our record for Cobra attendance.

You're the route man :thumbsup: we trust your judgement. We will prolly end up eating at the Oasis again, so if you want to work that into the route that would be good.

Also, a group Pic would be a REALLY good idea. Maybe somewhere with the Dam in the background.

97CasperCobra
01-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Also, a group Pic would be a REALLY good idea. Maybe somewhere with the Dam in the background.

I'd love to get a Dam group pic of the Dam Cobras :p

96MysticSVT
01-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll have to ask around and see what I can come up with on that one. I can't think of anyplace off the top of my head where that is possible, but I'll work on it.

Firme
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
FYI, we are getting the block setup with the Hotel for the 2nd and 3rd. Once everything is finalized, a new thread will be made.

LadyCobra01'
01-27-2005, 01:19 PM
I'd love to get a Dam group pic of the Dam Cobras :p

I was thinking the samething!! A pic of those Dam Cobras would be nice! :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
01-27-2005, 01:21 PM
FYI, we are getting the block setup with the Hotel for the 2nd and 3rd. Once everything is finalized, a new thread will be made.

April 2nd and 3rd correct! :thumbsup:

Dam 60 second thingy!!!! :mad:

Firme
01-27-2005, 01:50 PM
April 2nd and 3rd correct! :thumbsup:

Dam 60 second thingy!!!! :mad:

:doh2: yeah April :D

PEGASUS
01-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Count on me fellow cobra's.. If my kids are with me for that weekend, then it will be even better,( father/son moment):cool: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Andy M
01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
So, are we a DEFINITE for the weekend of April 2nd-3rd?????

if so, does the hotel have rooms available???

AustinSVT
01-28-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll have to ask around and see what I can come up with on that one. I can't think of anyplace off the top of my head where that is possible, but I'll work on it.

There is a very small bridge, but it would not be enough room but for maybe 8-9 cars, then to get the Dam in the picture you pretty much need to be in the water (private/gated property around it).

could stuff em on a parking garage like-
http://www.austinsvt.com/121104.jpg

96MysticSVT
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Rick (aka TXSVTLIGHTNING), Do you know of any place in Marble Falls by the lake where we could line a group of cars up for a picture? I know there are alot of parks there but I haven't been to them in probably 15 years.

96MysticSVT
02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Edmond, What are y'alls feelings about other SVT vehicles tagging along? I know some of the members of AustinSVT would love to come.