PDA

View Full Version : LOTS of problems with 94

Ls What?
01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey there everyone.... Im having some problems with my 94 PLEASE HELP!! :banghead: :banghead:

History:
*Bought from neighbor, orig. owner since 94:thumbsup: , 58k, Car has been sitting not started,run,or driven in about 1 1/2 years with 1/2 of gas in it:chairshot.

Already done:
*Cleaned Injectore
*Cleaned Throttle Body
*Changed - Plugs/Cap/Rotor/Wires(Ford Racing 9MM)
*Changed Oil (Valvoline VR-1 40W)
*Finderwell Cold Air Intake
*MSD TFI Blast Coil

The car is still running rough at idel, and does not feel like it has its full potental/power.

Any Thoughts????

:stupid:

crutch95
01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
i would make sure the TPS is working. i had something like this go worng with my car and thats what is was. just my 2 cents hope it helps.

Ls What?
01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Should i replace the tp sensor or just check for voltage loss?:thumbsup:

cobrapace94
01-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Did the car have a K&N filter when you got it?
Did it run rough when you got it? Or did it start after you did the tune up & CAI? Which CAI do you have?
Need to check for codes. The computer stores codes. That could point in the right direction. Possible clean the MAF sensor wire. Might try clocking the MAF meter. The bend in front of the maf meter from the CAI can cause problems, turbulance and the sensing wire not getting airor too much air. Another possiblity is the O2's are bad or the cats are clogged.
I'll call you later, possibly we could get together this weekend & check a few things, I can check for codes. Can try a different maf meter too.

cobrabitn
01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Rob,

I would first say that if the car has been sitting for 1.5 years with a half tank of gas then the gas has gone sour causing poor idle. Put new gasoline in it and see if that helps some. Also, I would change the fuel filter since you already tuned the car up with new plugs and wires.

I'm sure Cobrapace94 can certainly be a big help since he lives in Houston and owns a Rio Red 94, too. :thumbsup:

Let us know what you all find out this weekend?

Good luck!

Tony

Ls What?
01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I'v already changed the gas, i'v put about 2k on it since i got it.

Darrell, i got a CAI of ebay.....

I'f i was thinging about using nitrous in the FAR future... should i go ahead and put a nice fuel filter on it now? or just put a stock one on till i do it?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ls What?
01-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Darrell, no my car did not have a K&N. It had a stock motorcraft.
Another thing i was informed of at the tuesday meeting was....
I took out my Mass Air screen... i did not know that if you have a 90degree bend i can mass with it. Im trying to find the screen now
to see if it makes diff.... :stupid:

Also, When i got the car, untill i did the tune up. It was spittin and poppin out the exhaust. Did the tune up and it ran good for a while... then it started ideling rough. I changed the coil and put the msd one on, well it stopped for a while, Then i came back again.

cobrapace94
01-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like the CAI and\or the screen is causing the problems. Might try clocking the MAF meter, turning the MAF 90 degress & see if that helps. If not try turning another 90 degrees.
I'm not up on nitrous, but I pretty sure the stock fuel filter is good enough. I don't know what a good filter would be, but might as well do it once now. Remember that the 94 Cobra has hypertech pistons, not the best for nitrous applications. I wouldn't go over 100 or 125 hp jet.

Ls What?
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I was thinking maby a 50 to 75max kit, just for a lil more hp.. untill i can get forced induction:tongue: . I'll try those things and see if it works.. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-13-2005, 10:12 PM
This may be a stupid suggestion but did you change the distributor cap? Did you go back over the firing order and make sure all of the wires including the coil are making good contact? Not trying to belittle you, just crossed my mind after reading all of that.

Tony

Ls What?
01-14-2005, 01:17 PM
LoL, ya i checked them twice. they are correct. I checked the TPS and it was working fine. Any more ideas?:bounce:

ausie
01-29-2005, 01:03 PM
if you are only haveing rough idle problems, it may be the IAC valve. Take it off the throttle body and clean it with some electronics cleaner or throttle body cleaner. Make sure that the solenoid remains up and the pintle facing down when cleaning it so that the fluid does not invade the solenoid. Relpace the PCV too. Sometimes that causes rough idle. The last thing.... You may wan to instpect the EGR valve as well sometimes when that sticks you get some rough performance too usually after the motor warms up. If you take off the EGR valve, it is best to get a replacement gasket first, and some anti-sieze lube for the threads that connect the EGR tube to the valve.