PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Q's

Ls What?
01-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I have a Question that has prob. been ask MANY times!:zz:
I am looking for a exhaust system or setup that would be best for my 94.. BUT! I like the bigger 3" tips some cat-backs come with...Any Ideas??

*2-Chamber Flowmasters
*SLP Loud-Mouth
*Borla
*Magnaflows
*Bassani
*MAC

I was kinda wanting long tubes in my setup. What is everyones thoughts on the Mac's with a 3" collector?????:dunno:

crutch95
01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
im running mac longtubes and off road H pipe with flowmasters and i love the way the car sounds. i know that mac has a system that has 3in pipe all the way out. i was thinking about that just dont have to the money to do it right now.

cobrapace94
01-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I have the Flowmaster cat back with 3" tips welded on, if you saw at autorama. I'm not sure which cat backs have 3" tips. The MAC catback has chambered mufflers, similar to flowmasters.
I'm not a fan of MAC headers, they don't have the one piece flange, they have the individual flanges (at least the shorties, not sure on the long tubes). The 5.0's respond to exhaust really good.
I've been wanting to hear Borla on a 5.0, they sound good on some mod motors I've heard. Remember that long tubes are technicly not emmisions legal, fail visual but can pass the dyno roller test. Long tubes are harder to install. I went with FRPP shorties. MM&FF had a headers shoot out a while back and the difference between long & short tube headers was less than 10 hp, not worth in for me. Plus if you lower the car, ground clearance can be affective.

cobrabitn
01-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I have a MAC OR pipe with stock mufflers but I will probably get MAC catback for it. It sounds bada$$! :thumbsup: