Rick Disbrow
CCR / SCCA

http://www.ccrscca.com/ads/stiad.jpg

johnbasf
01-19-2005, 11:20 AM
I've heard this was a great event. :thumbsup:

flynfink
01-19-2005, 02:48 PM
as of now, Jay and I are planning on bringing both cars.

cobrabitn
01-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Since we are giving you free advertising on our BB, how about you give us the $20.00 rate? :doubt: BTW, that's Superbowl Sunday... :eek:

smcorolla
01-20-2005, 06:54 AM
yes its SBS, but we should be done before 5pm

I can't authorize the member rate, and I hope you will continue to let me post here

I don't believe this is soliciting, not like I'm trying to sell products on your site

I took it upon myself to try to get more people out to our events because I like to see more and different cars, thats all. I was not asked by the club to do this.

I spent all of last year building a car and watching from the sidelines. I believe all involved, from drivers to the club members, benefit from more participation.

autocross events are not money makers. Event sites, trophies, porto-pots, etc, combined with low entry fees dictate this. What we hope to do is get people to enjoy our events enough to become members of the SCCA.

Rick

johnbasf
01-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Post away Rick. There are other club and organizations who post there events here and don't give discounts. I hope you have a great event. :thumbsup:

P.S. Cobrabitn is our club pres. and works hard to get us all the perks. :D

flynfink
01-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Heck, my son and I are members anyway... :bounce:

cobrabitn
01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Like the SCCA... I try to get SCMC members the most for their dollar. I'm sure you can understand that. I know how much it cost to run an AX as we do them in TN and MA. We also run open track so you are welcome to join us in Kershaw in 6 weeks.

You are most welcome to post your events on our BB, but try to understand that when you do that, you open yourself for requests. :D

Thanks! :thumbsup:

flynfink
01-21-2005, 08:05 AM
yes its SBS, but we should be done before 5pm

I can't authorize the member rate, and I hope you will continue to let me post here

I don't believe this is soliciting, not like I'm trying to sell products on your site

I took it upon myself to try to get more people out to our events because I like to see more and different cars, thats all. I was not asked by the club to do this.

I spent all of last year building a car and watching from the sidelines. I believe all involved, from drivers to the club members, benefit from more participation.

autocross events are not money makers. Event sites, trophies, porto-pots, etc, combined with low entry fees dictate this. What we hope to do is get people to enjoy our events enough to become members of the SCCA.

Rick

Is Geoff Ziimer still running the program? I used to be heavily involved with the racing end of things and ran a few CCR autocrosses., But it's been a while.

smcorolla
01-21-2005, 02:24 PM
yes he has been running but not sure how involved he is other than that

Steven Rankins is the Solo2 chairman

flynfink
01-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Well a conflict has occurred and we cannot make it to this event. Is the rest of the Solo II schedule up on the CCR Website?

smcorolla
01-24-2005, 12:10 PM
sorry to hear that

check the site for this years schedule

Rick

CCR / SCCA