PDA

View Full Version : Predator tuner owners,

Dave B.
01-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Those of you with smaller pulleys and using a predator tuner, for the most part have you had to add more fuel than the pulley tune on its own gives??

:bounce: :firedevil :typer:

I have a 2.80 pulley, 95MM mass air, accufab and a K&N filter and we have had to add up to 6% more fuel, what have you all been doing??

MJM03COBRA
01-19-2005, 10:38 PM
I Had To Add A Lot Of Fuel It Was Way Lean. When I Got The Predator Tuner I Installed The Pulley Tune And Took It Straight To The Dyno They Had To Shut It Down During The First Pull Because It Was So Lean.

blk04cobra1
01-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I know we had to add a little fuel and take out a little timing just to make sure it was safe, so the car could probably do a little more, but im not out to blow the motor, so we backed off a little...ive found with these things, its better to get a custom tune instead of using the "box" tune, I know it may be more expensive, but you'll be better off in the long run...

cobra2112
01-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey Dave, do you have any numbers on air/fuel with and without the 6% increase. Also, 6% over what RPM range did you adjust? Thanks:thumbsup:

gnxs
01-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Those of you with smaller pulleys and using a predator tuner, for the most part have you had to add more fuel than the pulley tune on its own gives??

:bounce: :firedevil :typer:

I have a 2.80 pulley, 95MM mass air, accufab and a K&N filter and we have had to add up to 6% more fuel, what have you all been doing??
I STRONGLY suggest you get a custom Predator tune for your mods from a ruputable tuner like RWTD, Amazon, etc. Not only will you probably get another 20+ hp/tq and better driveability, but you'll also be safer.

For the record, when I had the Eaton and 2.8 pulley my "canned" Predator tune was slightly lean up to 4,000 rpms and pig rich above 4,000 rpms.

Davesnake
01-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I STRONGLY suggest you get a custom Predator tune for your mods from a ruputable tuner like RWTD, Amazon, etc. Not only will you probably get another 20+ hp/tq and better driveability, but you'll also be safer.

For the record, when I had the Eaton and 2.8 pulley my "canned" Predator tune was slightly lean up to 4,000 rpms and pig rich above 4,000 rpms.

I second that, custom tune it for your own good...

Dave