PDA

View Full Version : Influenza comes to Houston

speederdoc
01-22-2005, 06:41 AM
The flu has finally come to Houston, and it looks like a bad bug this year. High fever, body aches, hacking cough, and this year quite a bit of vomiting associated with it. I have been testing people with flu-like symptoms every week to see when it was going to hit us, and I have not seen a positive test until tonight, when I have picked up 4 confirmed cases of influenza.

These folks are miserable. If you have these symptoms, we have medications that can help, but they need to be started in the first couple of days, so don't delay seeking care. The very young and very old can get really sick or even die from this, so they should be particularly cautious. If you have been exposed to a confirmed flu patient, there are medications that can prevent you from catching the bug as well.

If you haven't gotten your flu shot yet this year, now is the time.

Good luck, and I hope to not see you soon. At work anyway. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
01-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the heed of warning.....I may get my dad to get me a shot as I don't want to be out of it. :thumbsup:

coleman
01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
A friend of mine here in North Dallas started taking some kind of "Panaflu" that he said did wonders... of course, I've been avoiding him like the plague :p

Mrs TwiceBitten
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the heed of warning.....I may get my dad to get me a shot as I don't want to be out of it. :thumbsup:
You need more than a shot to keep you from being out of it :doubt: :D ;):jk: .

And why are you not over here cleaning out the garage? :rolleyes:

Twice Bitten
01-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Moderator, can you make it were it logs off Rachel and starts up with my name everytime? :p

speederdoc
01-22-2005, 12:19 PM
A friend of mine here in North Dallas started taking some kind of "Panaflu" that he said did wonders... of course, I've been avoiding him like the plague :pTamiflu is what you take if you get the flu or are exposed to the flu. It's super good stuff, but it's even better not to need it though. You get the flu and you are freaking miserable for 1-2 weeks, and you are definitely going to miss some work.

97CasperCobra
01-22-2005, 12:37 PM
You need more than a shot to keep you from being out of it :doubt: :D ;):jk: .

And why are you not over here cleaning out the garage? :rolleyes:

:lol:.....:p

you never replied to my e-mail.....so.....I washed the Cobra this morning and am going shopping with a cute blonde girl from school. :thumbsup: :spimpin:

BACK ON TOPIC....I had the flu YEARS ago for a week that ran over New Year's. Most miserable time of my life....couldn't sleep b/c every position made me sore, didn't want to eat, but had to make myself....temperature of 103.... :( Not a good thing to have.

Twice Bitten
01-22-2005, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=97CasperCobra]:lol:.....:p

you never replied to my e-mail.....so.....I washed the Cobra this morning and am going shopping with a cute blonde girl from school. :thumbsup: :spimpin:

You can't be :spimpin: or shopping when you do not have any money!!! :rolleyes:

John Chingasos
01-23-2005, 01:02 PM
The flu has finally come to Houston, and it looks like a bad bug this year. High fever, body aches, hacking cough, and this year quite a bit of vomiting associated with it. I have been testing people with flu-like symptoms every week to see when it was going to hit us, and I have not seen a positive test until tonight, when I have picked up 4 confirmed cases of influenza.

These folks are miserable. If you have these symptoms, we have medications that can help, but they need to be started in the first couple of days, so don't delay seeking care. The very young and very old can get really sick or even die from this, so they should be particularly cautious. If you have been exposed to a confirmed flu patient, there are medications that can prevent you from catching the bug as well.

:thumbsup:

YES, YES, I have everything you just described except the vomiting......I feel terrible