PDA

View Full Version : how to turn of seat belt chime and stupid shift lite?

BadMoFo
01-22-2005, 10:09 AM
ok I bought a used 03 cobra and it didnt have the owners manual in it and I know when I had my 00 gt that in the manual it told you how to dissable to stupid seat belt chime, it was kinda crazy like turn the car to the on position then buckle and unbuclke your seatbelt three times and then turn the car off or something like that. anyone have those instructions?

secondly is there anything you can do to get rid of that dumb shift lite?

NewFoundPower
01-22-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8351&page=2&pp=15 scroll down to response 24.

-D-

Waylyn
01-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Will this work on a 2001 Cobra?

96MysticSVT
01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
secondly is there anything you can do to get rid of that dumb shift lite?
:scratch: Take the bulb out?

sssvtcobra
01-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Waylyn, Yeah this will also work on a 2001 :thumbsup:

I'm not sure about the annoying shift light.

ausie
01-26-2005, 06:29 AM
The only way I found to deactivate the shift light was to put more throttle into it. :D It turns off when you do that. What I find more annoying is driving at night and I see a nearly complete reflection of the instrument guages on the windshield. If I was much shorter I probably would not see it. At least there are no buzzers that indicate excessive speed [usually common with GM products like the GTO (read that in a review), and a 77 Buick I once had].

casey99COBRA
01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
What I find more annoying is driving at night and I see a nearly complete reflection of the instrument guages on the windshield. If I was much shorter I probably would not see it.
HAHA me too!

Waylyn
01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Shift light? Hmmmm I haven't noticed that. Does the 2001 even have a shift light? Not that I want to see it either, just curious. Still trying to learn what the car has and doesn't have.

sssvtcobra
01-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Waylyn,

The 2001's don't have the shift lights, that is something Ford starting putting in the '03's. It's very annoying. But yes, if you just push down on the loud pedal a little more it goes away :burnout:

ausie
01-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Perhaps this thread was posted in the wrong location. The shift light is there for the EPA to be happy. What it does is indicate that you should shift into 4th gear or higher and dog the motor otherwise you are consuming fuel at a rate that makes the oil companies happy and the green house save the planet people unhappy. It was a cheeze way of by-passing the gas guzzeler tax along with the capability of 1st to 4th shifting. Feed the Beast, it is hungry! :D Oh well, 16mpg is not all that bad, besides if you drive it easy the number climbs to about 19mpg and on the highway at 60mph it is much higher than that. Just wondering if that thing could be re-programmed to thrun on at a desired RPM?

flynfink
01-27-2005, 10:34 AM
The light is simply triggered by engine vacuum. If the vacuum is above a preset value it indicates that the trottle is somewhat closed (you don't have your foot in it hard) and triggers the light.

not sure if you can get into the EECM and change the setting..

BadMoFo
01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
I have also posted this subject on a few other places and they say with the predator you can make the shift lite come on at any rpm you want. which is kind of cool.

InfamousSVT
01-27-2005, 09:57 PM
You can have a tuner turn the shift light off, or just change the rpm it comes on at! Like was said above.

I prefer to have mine turned all the way off, and I'm getting a "custom" shift-light installed and having it hinded!!:D

spitfire
01-27-2005, 10:10 PM
After Slayters did my tune on my car, my shift has hasn't worked since. I was glad to see it go, but I did not ask Slayters anything about it. I guess they automatically turn it off. :thumbsup: