PDA

View Full Version : 8-12 inches of snow, and saw an SVT lightning out in it

ausie
01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Looks like the Cobra sits in the garage for a while. Took a drive out in the Exploder to have some fun in the snow, then I noticed a neighbor out on the road cleaning off the ice on the wipers of his Silver SVT lightning. I can only imagine what driving it in the snow is like, if similar to the Cobra, best of luck man!

93KingCobra
01-23-2005, 02:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

InfamousSVT
01-24-2005, 12:19 AM
:burnout: :bump:

That's just :crazy:

ausie
01-24-2005, 07:51 AM
The driver looked like he was not having any problems (but he was on the side of the road). My guess is that it is no different than driving a Cobra in the snow. I would still be stuck in my driveway if I attempted to drive the snake in the snow even with the snow tires on it. (the Cobra is the last resort in case the Exploder does what it does best, break down when you need it the most :mad: which only happens when there is snow on the roads)

Davesnake
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
There's a few Lightinings around here that are drivin thought the winter. The owners just put on winter tires...it can be done.

My driveway yesterday morning....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/davesnake/Picture113.jpg

Dave

beerkat
01-24-2005, 09:02 AM
The Lightning being a automatic would help some. But it is still a lot of power to try and drive in the slick.:eek:

No snow at the beach but it is cold I had to go and cut the water off to a friends house do to a broken water pipe.

The superchagers love this cold weather we our having. I experinced wheel hop for the first time the other day going to into second, now I know what your talking about.:thumbsup:

crunchit
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Along with everyone else up here we got dumped on too...I'm putting around in my 93 geemee. last time it snowed, we only got about 2 inches and it took me about 5 or 6 tries to back my car into the driveway! I can only imagine what it would be like out on the road.