PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Cobrabitn

Davesnake
01-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Tony,

If you need any Patriots superbowl merch. just let Pat or myself know... :p

I think in Pittsburg, someone left the steel curtains open....cuz the Pats ran right through them.

Dave

PMad
01-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Tony,

If you need any Patriots superbowl merch. just let Pat or myself know... :p

I think in Pittsburg, someone left the steel curtains open....cuz the Pats ran right through them.

Dave

Yeah Tony, it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade you're license plate frame :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I have been torn about who I want to win the Stupidbowl... On one hand I despise the Eagles and their hateful treatment of visitors to their stadium. So therefore I want them to lose just to make them go all the way and then watch them fall flat on ther faces. On the other hand I like Donovan McNabb a lot and I would like to see him win a superbowl. I think he is well deserving of it and I am sick of the Patriots (who got beat by last place Miami I might add) taking the spotlight. The only reason I would want the Pats to win is because of the reason stated above.

Now with that said... I will watch the game but it really doesn't matter to me who wins because it is either a win/win or a lose/lose situation. I guess deep down inside my despise for the Eagle's players makes me want to see NE go for three in four years but I just dread having to get this large influx of Patriot merchandise being delivered to me express mail and have to hear and watch you guys gloat.

Here is my prediction for 2005/06 season. Even if the Pats do win the superbowl and that is a big if, they will not have it next year and for that I will truly gloat till I have a permanent possum smile on my face.

Just be sure of one thing... they better not lose or you will not hear the end of it. ;)

Davesnake
01-25-2005, 07:19 AM
I have been torn about who I want to win the Stupidbowl... On one hand I despise the Eagles and their hateful treatment of visitors to their stadium. So therefore I want them to lose just to make them go all the way and then watch them fall flat on ther faces. On the other hand I like Donovan McNabb a lot and I would like to see him win a superbowl. I think he is well deserving of it and I am sick of the Patriots (who got beat by last place Miami I might add) taking the spotlight. The only reason I would want the Pats to win is because of the reason stated above.

Now with that said... I will watch the game but it really doesn't matter to me who wins because it is either a win/win or a lose/lose situation. I guess deep down inside my despise for the Eagle's players makes me want to see NE go for three in four years but I just dread having to get this large influx of Patriot merchandise being delivered to me express mail and have to hear and watch you guys gloat.

Here is my prediction for 2005/06 season. Even if the Pats do win the superbowl and that is a big if, they will not have it next year and for that I will truly gloat till I have a permanent possum smile on my face.

Just be sure of one thing... they better not lose or you will not hear the end of it. ;)

:zz:

I just need your size

Dave

PMad
01-25-2005, 10:42 AM

I am really surprised in you Tony. This "sick of the Patriots" sentiment has been coming up lately by people outside NE because they win too much. I guess that explains why you like the Panthers. Although they did win that preseason game :thumbsup:

Flagman
01-29-2005, 12:29 PM

I'm real sorry that you feel that way, Tony...I think you were brainwashed last year by all of the local news media bashing of the Philly fans. :rolleyes: I won't deny that there is an obnoxious element, but I contend that it is a very small percentage and that this type of fan exists in many NFL stadiums. Not sure what this has to do you "despising" the Eagle players, though.

Anyway, as a longtime Eagle fan (saw my first game in the 60's at Franklin Field and had season tickets when we last went to the SB) I'm looking forward to a great game! The Patriots are truly awesome and I have to admire what they've accomplished, especially this season. The Birds are facing a tough challenge but if you're going to be Champions you may as well beat the best to get there. Best of luck Pat & Dave!

E - A - G - L - E - S EAGLES!!!!!

johnbasf
01-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Eagles by 12........ The Pats are going down.. I really want to see McNabb get a SB ring. I hope his mom gives them a lot of chuncky soup. :thumbsup:

PMad
01-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Eagles by 12........ The Pats are going down.. I really want to see McNabb get a SB ring. I hope his mom gives them a lot of chuncky soup. :thumbsup:

Eagles by 12!!? I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from someone who thought the Steelers would win :D

The only way McNab gets a SB ring is if he steals one from the Patriots :rotf:

cobrabitn
01-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm real sorry that you feel that way, Tony...I think you were brainwashed last year by all of the local news media bashing of the Philly fans. I won't deny that there is an obnoxious element, but I contend that it is a very small percentage and that this type of fan exists in many NFL stadiums. Not sure what this has to do you "despising" the Eagle players, though.

I wasn't brainwashed Rich, I can tell how obnoxious the crowd can be and throwing bottles at the opposing teams fans is ludicrous. I really meant the fans more so then the players but now that I read the Charlotte Observer's sports section, I'll have to add a few of the players in there like T.O. and wide receiver Mitchell (who as the paper states is a back up receiver). I watched the game last weekend and their demeanor wasn't what I thought a professional team should illustrate. Anyway, that's my perception, others can agree or disagree if they want. That's why my favorite team is the Carolina Panthers and Pat's is New England.

Either way, the outcome will be a win/win situation for me personally. If NE loses, then I'll be sending your license frame back to you Pat so you can save it as a momento... So you can remember what it used to feel like! :rotf:

Flagman
01-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I really meant the fans more so then the players but now that I read the Charlotte Observer's sports section, I'll have to add a few of the players in there like T.O. and wide receiver Mitchell (who as the paper states is a back up receiver). I watched the game last weekend and their demeanor wasn't what I thought a professional team should illustrate.

HUH? :eek: Hey, you have every right to your opinion but you shouldn't be so quick to throw stones. I like the Panthers too but they haven't always been "angels". Remember Rae Carruth (backup receiver)? How about when Steve Smith (then a backup receiver) beat up a teammate in the film room a couple of years back? And this season special teams ace Jarrod Cooper was released for giving false information to police after yet another DUI? Professional? Not in my book. I'm curious as to what exactly Freddie and T.O. did at the game last week that bothered you.

E - A - G - L - E - S EAGLES!!!

cobrabitn
01-30-2005, 01:31 AM
T.O. basically abundantly arrogant.

Mitchell - running off at the mouth in the media about some of the New England players. Why doesn't he just let his actions speak for him?

All of the statements you said about Carolina are true and I am ashamed of their actions and since they are my team, I guess I can overlook their shortcomings, just as I am sure you can over look the shortcomings of the Philadelphia fans and players.

I know not all Philly fans are like that but maybe the ones that do those sort of things would realize they ruin their city's reputation for the ones that do not. I have yet to hear of a Carolina fan throwing stuff at opposing team's fans. I want you to know that I am not just picking on Philly either. There are other teams I do not like or particularly care for. Aren't there any teams that you do not like? If there isn't then you are unique. :)

In all fairness though, there are some things that I do not like about Carolina and I wish they would address those issues publicly, for example.....why did they not continue the contract of Bill Rosinski? (I would venture to say politics and arrogance by the owners) Why are they dragging their feet on Muhammad's contract? (You made a contract Jerry Richardson, now honor it and pay the man!) Getting rid of Cooper was wrong because he was an asset to the team and they caused disruption during the season. They can say he lied but didn't Jerry Richardson lie when he said we would have a Superbowl won within ten years? Also, they can't keep to their contracts with their players and their coaches and I really fault them for that one. (Another mistruth)

They also do what I call stupid things, like fining Todd Sauerbrun and causing negativity within the ranks. Just because I am a Carolina fan doesn't mean I think they are perfect. They are my team and I am wise enough to see that they are not perfect but I like what they stand for, which is being the underdog and coming up to prove people wrong. For many years I related to that on a personal level. Just as I do not like those issues with Carolina, I do not like what Philly fans and players have done or do and so there you have it.
I'm not saying they are all like that, as I pointed out that I really like Donovan McNabb a lot, a whole lot and I think he is deserving to be a superbowl champion. I also understand your position as I would probably feel the same way. But just as you want me to respect your opinion, you should respect mine. That's what makes us unique and able to learn from one another. This started out as friendly smack talk, and now has escalated in to a more intense thread.

P.S. I'm sure if I did the research, I could find skeletons in the closet on other players in many other teams, even Philly. :D

97whitevert
01-30-2005, 08:28 AM
GO PATS!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :djsmile: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Davesnake
01-30-2005, 08:53 AM
GO PATS!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :djsmile: :woot: :woot: :woot:

That a girl!

Dave

Flagman
01-30-2005, 11:12 AM
T.O. basically abundantly arrogant.

Mitchell - running off at the mouth in the media about some of the New England players. Why doesn't he just let his actions speak for him?

Aren't there any teams that you do not like?

In all fairness though, there are some things that I do not like about Carolina.....

But just as you want me to respect your opinion, you should respect mine. This started out as friendly smack talk, and now has escalated in to a more intense thread.

Whew, thank God! I thought I missed a mugging or something on the sidelines. ;) As you said, it's just smack talk. Like it or not it seems to be a fact of life in the league these days. I don't care for it either but at least T.O. backs up his bullsh*t most of the time.

Yes, there are several teams I don't care for...they're all in the NFC East! I think that's just part of being a fan, though. :D

As far as personnel decisions and such there's not much you can do short of buying your own team. Bottom line IMHO is that pro football is becoming more and more about the business than the sport these days, unfortunately. :(

Our opinions are bound to be biased....again just a part of being fans. No disrespect intended on this end. :)

E - A - G - L - E - S EAGLES!!!

Davesnake
02-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi Tony

package coming for you

Dave

PMad
02-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Either way, the outcome will be a win/win situation for me personally. If NE loses, then I'll be sending your license frame back to you Pat so you can save it as a momento... So you can remember what it used to feel like! :rotf:

Maybe you can send that plate frame back to me next year along with the new one I'm picking out for you. :bounce:

97whitevert
02-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi Tony

package coming for you

Dave :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
02-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I take a size XL shirt and if you send me a SB shirt, I will wear it out of respect for you all.

I also guess Freddie Mitchell showed us what value he had.... now how many catches did he make? :rotf: I think T.O did a good job to come back from his injury but to bad it was all for nothing. I really did wish Donovan would have won for his sake but after seeing the Eagles do their dirty bird flight, I just had to laugh when New England imitated them.

My best two laughs of the game... New Engalnd doing the Philly dirty bird flight and when DM threw his last interception with 9 seconds left and no time outs left.

Congrats to the Pats, I tip my hat to them. Carolina will be in the post season next year. :)