PDA

View Full Version : TWS-March 10 or March 5&6 (Road Racing)

03 cobra toy
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Who's going?? :thumbsup:

www.edpracing.com

http://www.thedriversedge.net

Mephisto
01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I signed up online today. I also sent an email to make sure spots were still available.

03 cobra toy
01-27-2005, 09:20 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G-Z06
01-27-2005, 04:35 PM
http://tx2k5.aapmotorsports.com/index.php?id=61

If you guys plan to attend on this day, it will be EXTREMELY crowded.

Cheers
G

Firme
01-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Thank for the link G , looks to be sold out.

Even if not running, this would be one hell of an event to attend with some really nice cars on track. I wonder if there is a spectator fee.

David, you instructing at it?

03 cobra toy
01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
http://tx2k5.aapmotorsports.com/index.php?id=61

If you guys plan to attend on this day, it will be EXTREMELY crowded.

Cheers
G

Andy and I will be there instructing... :D

Firme
01-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Andy and I will be there instructing... :D

Lucky dawg.. I have heard good things about the Supra National at TWS and have always wanted to attend (maybe hitch a ride :D )

Levi
01-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Lucky dawg.. I have heard good things about the Supra National at TWS and have always wanted to attend (maybe hitch a ride :D )

I would like to go, Just can't get the time off from work. :mad:

03 cobra toy
01-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Edmond...Ed Paez may have some more spots open if you want to drive. (dpaez@houston.rr.com)

Sorry you can't make it Stan.... :(

Firme
01-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Edmond...Ed Paez may have some more spots open if you want to drive. (dpaez@houston.rr.com)

Sorry you can't make it Stan.... :(

gotta check to see if I can spare the $$$ right now... the tires are down to 4/32 on the DD so i would have to wait till a little closer to the event to commit

Carl G
02-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I have signed up :thumbsup: Man it seems like forever that I have been able to post on the forum. I have been traveling so much with this new job. It will slow down soon. Look forward to seeing everyone soon. :)

jimmysidecarr
02-05-2005, 08:19 PM
March 10th.... that's a one day event on a Thursday.... Hmmm
Couple questions...
Any idea how many sessions I might be looking at?
Minimum tire tread depth???
Event info/Start time???(couldn't find much online)
Break down of run groups so far???

I would love to do one before the BIG HEAT sets in...(100% stock cooling)

I'm interested!!!

Jimmy :p

Mephisto
02-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I just got kicked out of that event. I signed up about 1 or 2 weeks back. They only have room for those $&%^*(@($* instructors.

Isn't an event also scheduled forthe weekend ?

Carl G
02-08-2005, 10:44 PM
same thing for me Henry, I got kicked to the curb also. I signed up for the Driver;s Edge event the weekend before and already paid the money. Hope you can make it also. :thumbsup:

Levi
02-09-2005, 09:41 AM
same thing for me Henry, I got kicked to the curb also. I signed up for the Driver;s Edge event the weekend before and already paid the money. Hope you can make it also. :thumbsup:

Would you like some more company, I need some more track time. :bounce:

Are you going up friday evening or saturday morning and what hotel?

Carl G
02-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Would you like some more company, I need some more track time. :bounce:

Are you going up friday evening or saturday morning and what hotel?

You bet, lets do it :thumbsup: I will try my best to keep up :D I will probably stay at the Manor House and drive up early Saturday morning and stay Saturday night there. Henry needs to join up also.

Levi
02-10-2005, 10:51 AM
You bet, lets do it :thumbsup: I will try my best to keep up :D I will probably stay at the Manor House and drive up early Saturday morning and stay Saturday night there. Henry needs to join up also.

OK, I have signed up. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
02-10-2005, 11:13 AM
:rolleyes: Maybe I should do this event also....

Levi
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll maybe :rolleyes: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hell yes you should :D .

:cool:

Twice Bitten
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM

:stupid: , if I can get the R fixed up in time :p

Levi
02-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Get r dun :thumbsup:

Do it, do it, do it, we will have a blast. :D

Mephisto
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
I am now in for Drvier's Edge as well.
I thought you were already planning to run this David?

03 cobra toy
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I am now in for Drvier's Edge as well.
I thought you were already planning to run this David?

I keep changing my mind...Three days of track events in six days :rolleyes: I hope my tires will last ;)

03 cobra toy
02-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Just wash the B*tch and change the brake fluid :D :rotf:

Twice Bitten
02-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Just wash the B*tch and change the brake fluid :D :rotf:

Should I put a oil catch under with some clothes hangers? :rolleyes:

03 cobra toy
02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Should I put a oil catch under with some clothes hangers? :rolleyes:

O I forgot :facedrop: :retard:

Mrs TwiceBitten
02-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Get r dun :thumbsup:

Do it, do it, do it, we will have a blast. :D
Got R Done, at least the registration part of it:thumbsup: , now if I could borrow some old wire coat hangers and an oil change container to get that leak fixed, I will be doing OK!:rolleyes:

Dammmm, I posted on the wifes screen name again.....:banghead: :retard:

03 cobra toy
02-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm in for both events...... :thumbsup: :D There goes the gas bill

Levi
02-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Got R Done, at least the registration part of it:thumbsup: , now if I could borrow some old wire coat hangers and an oil change container to get that leak fixed, I will be doing OK!:rolleyes:

Dammmm, I posted on the wifes screen name again.....:banghead: :retard:

Excellent :thumbsup: , let me know if you need any help.

I'm in for both events...... :thumbsup: :D There goes the gas bill

Alright thats the track junky I know and love. :D

AirForce1
02-11-2005, 01:53 PM
It would be fun to go just to wach and maby when every one is done get one or two pulls on the dyno if they would let me. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm still unsure... recent work developments have kinda got my schedule all messed up..

Mephisto
02-11-2005, 04:46 PM
BTW, what run group did all of you sign up for ? I think I went for intermediate. I don't know how hard core these events normally get, so I aimed to the low side.
Not that I want to be in the crazy group with Andy or David, but it would be fun to run with Stan, Carl, and a Frank or two.
If someone knows these guys can we get the Cobras coordinated?

03 cobra toy
02-11-2005, 06:17 PM
BTW, what run group did all of you sign up for ? I think I went for intermediate. I don't know how hard core these events normally get, so I aimed to the low side.
Not that I want to be in the crazy group with Andy or David, but it would be fun to run with Stan, Carl, and a Frank or two.
If someone knows these guys can we get the Cobras coordinated?

Yellow or Red....Are you calling me CRAZY :rotf: :rotf: :D

Twice Bitten
02-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Yellow or Red....Are you calling me CRAZY :rotf: :rotf: :D

You are not crazy, you are Freaking nuts!!! :rotf: You are the only person that I know who tries to extend the life of your tires by driving on 3 of them instead of all 4 at track events :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Henry, I signed the up for the intermediate group, no wife this time :( , I figure that we can be moved up if that group sucks :bounce:

Carl G
02-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I am so glad that you guys are coming out to play, we are going to have some fun now :thumbsup: I need some new brake pads and some minor things done to get ready but I will have done in time. Yeeeeeee HAAAAAAAAA :D

Twice Bitten
02-12-2005, 10:34 AM
I am so glad that you guys are coming out to play, we are going to have some fun now :thumbsup: I need some new brake pads and some minor things done to get ready but I will have done in time. Yeeeeeee HAAAAAAAAA :D

You need 14 psi from a little shiney thing from under the hood :thumbsup: :eek:

Levi
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Looks like we may have enough from our club alone to fill up an entire run group. :rotf:

Mephisto
02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I got my front rotors turned. Brakes are smooth as butter. The guy said those rotors are so thick you can turn them down so much that you remove the slots and they would still meet the minimum thickness stamped on the rotor.

Also installed the MGW shifter. This is perhaps better than everyone is stating. By far the best part put on the cobra to-date. Even and all rattle, grinding, clunking, etc. noise even at very low RPMs is gone.

I could see this cutting a second off 1/4 mile, and a few seconds on open track.

I held the TriAx and MGW plates up together and they look nothing alike, in turms of the location of shifter on the plate.

Carl G
02-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I think I might get rid of the pro50 shifter and go with the one you got. It sounds likeit is just the baby I have been looking for. I think they have us in the yellow run group except for David. :D

97CasperCobra
02-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Excellent :thumbsup: , let me know if you need any help.

back up off my Kool-aid :edmond: :p

I'll see if I can go to spectate/ride. Car won't be ready in time. ;)

Firme
02-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I got my front rotors turned. Brakes are smooth as butter. The guy said those rotors are so thick you can turn them down so much that you remove the slots and they would still meet the minimum thickness stamped on the rotor.

Also installed the MGW shifter. This is perhaps better than everyone is stating. By far the best part put on the cobra to-date. Even and all rattle, grinding, clunking, etc. noise even at very low RPMs is gone.

I could see this cutting a second off 1/4 mile, and a few seconds on open track.

I held the TriAx and MGW plates up together and they look nothing alike, in turms of the location of shifter on the plate.

I'm glad to see the "upgrade an upgrade" proposal passed :rotf: :thumbsup:

great shifter :woot:

03 cobra toy
02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Ttt :d

Andy M
02-18-2005, 01:37 PM
I will unfortunately not be able to go out to play with you guys during the weekend of March 5-6th... :(

I will however be at TWS for the Ed Paez/Supra Club event on March 10th.

Next stop after that one is Chicago for the SVTOA event, where we are planning a Cobra R reunion.

Ya'll have fun and please stay safe!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I may come out and spectate/get some ride alongs/play pit crew.... if that's kewl. :D

03 cobra toy
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I may come out and spectate/get some ride alongs/play pit crew.... if that's kewl. :D

Cool.....Sorry kewl... :rotf:

Bingo13
02-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I will be there if I can get my new hunk of junk running...... :D

http://www.garykey.net/ftp/SVO/SVOPicture%20010.jpg

97CasperCobra
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
http://www.garykey.net/ftp/SVO/SVOPicture%20010.jpg

dayum...that looks CHERRY!!! :eek:

nice pick up Gary. :thumbsup:

Bingo13
02-23-2005, 10:31 PM
dayum...that looks CHERRY!!! :eek:

nice pick up Gary. :thumbsup:

I spent the past two days with a buffer, several compounds, and touch up paint. Now all I have to do is get the car running for more than a few minutes.
I need my tires back even though they would not fit. ;)

http://www.garykey.net/ftp/SVO/SVOPicture%20012.jpg

http://www.garykey.net/ftp/SVO/SVOPicture%20007.jpg

97CasperCobra
02-23-2005, 11:57 PM
I need my tires back even though they would not fit. ;)

uhhh....what tires?? :scratch: ;)

03 cobra toy
02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Looks nice !! see ya at the track :thumbsup:

Levi
02-24-2005, 10:13 AM
That looks really sweet and it will be great to see you again. :thumbsup:

Bingo13
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
That looks really sweet and it will be great to see you again. :thumbsup:

It will be good to see you again Stan. My main problem is how to get the little engine that could running right. A nice '98 4V would fill out this bay nicely. ;)

http://www.garykey.net/ftp/SVO/SVOPicture%20002.jpg

Levi
02-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh man that looks clean, nothing sounds better then a turbo sound. :thumbsup: