PDA

View Full Version : ~2007 Carroll Shelby Mustang~

AdrenalineSVT
01-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Motor Trend Just released info that Carroll Shelby is working to put out a 2007 mustang Cobra.

Supercharged 5.4L 3v= 550hp.:eek:
$47,000-$55,000..... MY Guess.

What do you think the 2006 Cobra will be priced at? $37k-$45k?

(MotorTrend/Car and Driver) I remember about 6-8 months ago there was a SMALL pic of it wth Mr. Shelby standing next to it. White with blue stripes. Anyone see it?

cobrabitn
01-27-2005, 07:40 AM
I also read yesterday that Carroll Shelby Industries is being sued for using the "Eleanor" name.

I would not look for the new Cobra to be that high of a price. Although I own a Mystichrome, I would rather have a car that is unsuspecting and leave the competition in the dust then to let someone know what I have. Most people think the Mystichrome is an aftermarket paint job anyway. :(

SVTcobra04
01-31-2005, 10:03 PM
The new motor trend....March issue.A little bit of info on the shelby cobra and a big picture.Check it out or I could scan the page and post it.

redsnake99
01-31-2005, 10:23 PM
The next Cobra is the 2007 model, to be introduced in last half of 2006.
No model in 2005 or 2006.

Mystic_Cobra
02-10-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure MT is off a little on this one. I'm heading to NY in March to see the next Cobra unveiling, anyone else???

wrenchturner
02-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure MT is off a little on this one. I'm heading to NY in March to see the next Cobra unveiling, anyone else???
only a 3 or 3 1/2 hour drive for me.. Im there too

jjraiser
02-11-2005, 06:45 AM
I don't know about most of you guys, but I'm a road racing guy and the news of the next Cobra being a solid axle has me pretty pissed. Ford is showing no ingenuity whatsoever. They use an off-the-shelf engine (the Ford GT) and can't get an IRS on the damn car? Give me a break! They'll put an IRS on the Explorer and Expedition, but not their mainstream sports car?

I hope the one thread is right and Motor Trend is a little off in their reporting. If this new Shelby Cobra comes out with a solid axle and a supercharged (read HEAVY) engine, then I'm buying the new 2006 Z06! Ford cannot compete with Chevy, I'm so sorry to say. Hell, I'm on my fourth Mustang, a 2003 Cobra, it's not like I'm a bowtie man, but Ford is just loosing this battle with Chevy. They can kill the crappy Camaro, but Ford is no match for the engineering found in the Corvette. If you're a drag racing guy, I guess the new Cobra is your dream car. For the rest of us...out of luck!