PDA

View Full Version : 17x10.5 Wheel question

cobra330
01-29-2005, 04:58 PM
For those of you who have 17x10.5 wheels on your 03/04 Cobra...in particuliar the AFS 03 Cobra Replicas...what did you do to make them work or did they bolt on with no issues? If you had to do something..what? Shave IRS Bolt? Wheel Spacers? What thickness?

NO 5 OH
01-29-2005, 10:34 PM
For those of you who have 17x10.5 wheels on your 03/04 Cobra...in particuliar the AFS 03 Cobra Replicas...what did you do to make them work or did they bolt on with no issues? If you had to do something..what? Shave IRS Bolt? Wheel Spacers? What thickness?

Mike,

I have the AFS 10.5" rears on my car... and they went on without any issues. I will say however it entirely depends on what tire you want to run on them. I run a 315/35 Nitto Drag Radial and they fit... but they're really close to the IRS bolt. Since Nitto's generally run narrower than most tires in the same size that's why they go on. My car is also lowered with H&R SuperSports so I'm thinking that helps out as well.

I know Jason runs a 1/4" spacer in the rear of his to get his on... he runs a 315 Goodyear GS-D3. At most you'd need a 1/4 to 3/8" hubcentric spacer to set them out slightly to clear everything.

HTH,

Shannon

lorahcobra
01-30-2005, 11:20 AM
We've got the O.E. 280M Motorsport Cobra R's (17x10.5) on the rear of our '03 'vert with 1/4" spacers to clear the IRS bolt. We just put new tires on...went from Goodyear Eagle GS-C's :doubt: to BFG G-force KD's :thumbsup: without a problem. From what I understand, lowering the car (which is our next step) :D helps with clearance of the bolt. We'll see.

InfamousSVT
01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I know Jason runs a 1/4" spacer in the rear of his to get his on... he runs a 315 Goodyear GS-D3. At most you'd need a 1/4 to 3/8" hubcentric spacer to set them out slightly to clear everything.

:thumbsup:

puzzle13
02-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Mike,

I have also run into a problem with the 17 X 10.5 rims. I changed all the bushings with Steeda poly that also changed the bolt to a round head bolt. I also changed the springs which lowered the car a little over 1". I am running 315's and this took the tire & rim away from the bolt completely and made the tires fit well. The only problem that I had was the the drivers side rear was in 1/2" more than the passengers side. The passengers side fit perfectly, but the drivers side would not go on. I ended up using a 1/2" spacer and longer studs on the drivers side only to solve the problem. Ford said they would not touch the rear end since the bushings & springs had been changed. SVT also said the same and also said that it was not uncommon for this discrepancy due to the place of assembly. I suggest you try springs that lower the car (Steeda or ones from Maximum Motorsports) and the bushing/bolt change. All of this really helped the wheel hop along with the wider tires.