PDA

View Full Version : No front plate

msmap
01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen this or not or if it even helps out but:

http://www.petitiononline.com/txplate/petition-sign.html?

jimmysidecarr
01-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Yep ..
I signed it a while ago, I would love to see them drop it!

I would also love to see them put some TEETH in the "Manditory" insurance law!!!!.........

So our rates would go down, from not having to pay claims for dirt ball uninsured dead beat waste of oxygen .... drivers!!!!

"Ugh... yea ... uh ... I'd like a 30 day policy" :rolleyes: :doh2:

Who ever ok'd that law should get .... :tongue:

Jimmy :doubt:

PEGASUS
01-30-2005, 06:45 PM
For a fact, I know that the one of the reasons reason why law enforcement agencies requires all motor vehicle to have front plates, is so that its more convenient to track or monitor a vehicles speed using particularly a laser gun.

Did you know a speed trap officer using a laser gun needs to aim/shoot the gun at a flat surface to ensure the return of the fired laser. The problem began With todays areodynamic sports cars, the only visable flat surface will be your front plates..:D :burnout: :flash:

Firme
01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
hmm, ok, so if you don't use the factory License Plate mount, and custom fab your own bracket that angles the license plate back 30 degrees... does that mean that if you get lasered' it will mess up the reading???

sorry just popped into my head after reading leons post :dunno:

Josh968
01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
They don't need a front plate. I never ran one on the Cobra, and I got lasered. 45 in a 25 :D Cop let me go. I love Hawaii :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I would also love to see them put some TEETH in the "Manditory" insurance law!!!!.........

So our rates would go down, from not having to pay claims for dirt ball uninsured dead beat waste of oxygen .... drivers!!!!

"Ugh... yea ... uh ... I'd like a 30 day policy" :rolleyes: :doh2:

Who ever ok'd that law should get .... :tongue:

Jimmy :doubt:

I agree! :thumbsup: I had someone hit me almost 2 yrs ago and they didn't have ins. and tried to leave the scene!!! :mad:

msmap
01-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Insurance, what is that???? The lady who took out Philly and the other guy had state minimum of 15k liability. That didn't even pay for Philly's SVTF let alone the other guys brand new F 150 :mad:

jimmysidecarr
01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Back in New York if you canceled your insurance...
The Insurance provider is required to notify the dept of motor vehicles immediately!!!!
You then have X number of days to turn your plates in....
before they issue...
A WARRANT!
That's how it should be done here too!!!

Jimmy :mad:

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Got a ticket (actually several) for no front plate just this past weekend.

Was cruising down 45 in my 93 with the flames, skull, etc (not that its a rolling billboard or anything, LOL) and got popped by HPD. Supposedly I was speeding in fairly heavy traffic....AND, I had no front plate, AND "you mufflah tooo roud for public street" (cop was Vietnamese).

What a crock of $hit....needless to say I will be going to court on this one.

Codes
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
What they need to do is have a sticker, like an inspection sticker...you get it when you get insurance cards. Put it in your front window. Then it would be real easy to tell who has it and who doesnt.

msmap
02-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Got a ticket (actually several) for no front plate just this past weekend.

Was cruising down 45 in my 93 with the flames, skull, etc (not that its a rolling billboard or anything, LOL) and got popped by HPD. Supposedly I was speeding in fairly heavy traffic....AND, I had no front plate, AND "you mufflah tooo roud for public street" (cop was Vietnamese).

What a crock of $hit....needless to say I will be going to court on this one.

That sux, Kyle :(

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Yep...and I started not to drive it. Was headed to my football game and thought..."Hey, its nice out...I will drive the Mustang."

Had I been in the Taurus, could have been going 120 and would have never been noticed. Maybe I should keep the Taurus as a stealth-mobile.... :)

msmap
02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Had I been in the Taurus, could have been going 120 and would have never been noticed. Maybe I should keep the Taurus as a stealth-mobile.... :)

Yep, know that feeling well, could do anything in my White Knight (93 Taurus) and no body even looked at it, but my SSSSNK shouts look and hear me coming.