PDA

View Full Version : GMC Envoy Foglight Mod

SVTCobra97
02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
A few months ago someone posted instructions on how to replace the factory sn95 foglights w/ GMC Envoy Foglights. I finally got around to purchasing the lights ($55 each, another $5 for aluminum, bolts, and screws) and put them on my car. All I can say is :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
These foglights are what should have been on the car to start with. They fit perfectly in the openings, and match the diamond clear headlamps. Here are some pics....... they aren't very good cuz I didn't have a digi available at the time.

I have the write-up in a word document, but I don't know how to attach it to my thread. Its a 4kb file.

For the record, this wasn't my idea, so don't give me credit for it. Thank you to whoever discovered this :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Looks good! Can't say that I agree with putting a GM part on a Ford though, j/k!! :D

Great job, I agree about those fog lights being put on in the first place. Those match perfectly and it looks like a great install!:thumbsup:

-Jason

cobrabitn
02-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Brett,

PLease send me the write up with pictures so we can put it in the newsletter.

Thanks,

Tony

BTW, we need to chat on the phone about the Ohio area this year. Let me know when you have some free time.

johnbasf
02-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Will they melt the plastic? No air space around those lites?

SVTCobra97
02-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Will they melt the plastic? No air space around those lites?

I don't think they get very hot. I wouldn't think that they would because the housing is a hard plastic. I guess I'll see this summer! :cool:

Tony,

I sent you an email,,,, at least I think it was your email. For some reason I can't access your email through your profile.

dewone
02-03-2005, 12:52 PM
That looks really cool, I put 2 cobra leds in the hood scoopes. Ford Blue on the white cobra you would never know they were there until you turn them on. The only problem is in Florida you can't have blue lights facing forward on your car. So I got pulled over. I think he just wanted to look at the car but. I had them tied to the head lights, so I had to change my power point, and install a Florida Switch. If I get some Pics I'll post them.

96MysticSVT
02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Looks good!:thumbsup:

I like the clear look better on these cars too, so I bought the crystal clear OEM style replacement lights for mine. They were about $120 for the lenses, housing and bracket, and they bolted up exactly like the factory lights. Either way you go, the clear lenses look much better!

cobrabitn
02-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Brett,

If you would, just e-mail me direct at mrmach@cetlink.net. I let my PM box fill up because I got tired of going through a gazillion screens just to read a pm. :)

Thanks,

Tony