PDA

View Full Version : '03 Wheels on a '97

nckissfan
02-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey, I got offered to sell my 97 wheels to a guy that has 03 wheels. He has a 95 Cobra, soon to be a member of the club. Anyways, his tires are 275/40/17. Will my 245/45/17 tires work with the 03 wheels? I don't think so, so I am asking the esteemed panel here. They look nice on his car, and would look great on mine, but I do not want to go buy a whole set of tires, seeing as I just got this set back in May. If they will work, what would be a good trade? My wheels, plus what?

Thanks for any info.

NO 5 OH
02-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Hey, I got offered to sell my 97 wheels to a guy that has 03 wheels. He has a 95 Cobra, soon to be a member of the club. Anyways, his tires are 275/40/17. Will my 245/45/17 tires work with the 03 wheels? I don't think so, so I am asking the esteemed panel here. They look nice on his car, and would look great on mine, but I do not want to go buy a whole set of tires, seeing as I just got this set back in May. If they will work, what would be a good trade? My wheels, plus what?

The 245's will fit on a 9" rim... but they look a lot better on a 8" rim, like you have stock. The sidewalls will look like they're "angled" slightly but they will indeed go on the rims. It depends also which tire manufacturer made your tires as well... some tires run more narrow in the same exact size as another company's tire. Nitto DR's are a good example of that ;)

As far as pricing goes... if they are the stock satin finish you shouldn't have to give him much to boot at all. I've seen them go on svtperformance for around 400 to 500 for a set, no tires. If they're the OE chrome versions then expect to give him your wheels and a little more as well.

HTH,

Shannon

nckissfan
02-03-2005, 06:37 AM
thanks Shannon:thumbsup: