PDA

View Full Version : x or h? Whats better for a 99?

edswhite99
02-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Looking to start by upgrading the exhaust. I'm going to go with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, but wasn't sure what mide pipe to go with? x or h? Also, are the stock headers considered shorty's or long tube headers?

wrenchturner
02-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Looking to start by upgrading the exhaust. I'm going to go with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, but wasn't sure what mide pipe to go with? x or h? Also, are the stock headers considered shorty's or long tube headers?
Its all a personal taste thing for the most part. H pipe has a classic big block muscle car flavor to it. The X pipe has more of a european type sound to it. do a search of the forums here and youll find threads with links to sound files and movies of both. I have a H pipe with flows loud as all hell when i get on it. but sounds like a 70 429 at idle.......i love it.. so far till i get bored of the sound and try something new.. LOL

2KWhiteSnake
02-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Its all a personal taste thing for the most part. H pipe has a classic big block muscle car flavor to it. The X pipe has more of a european type sound to it. do a search of the forums here and youll find threads with links to sound files and movies of both. I have a H pipe with flows loud as all hell when i get on it. but sounds like a 70 429 at idle.......i love it.. so far till i get bored of the sound and try something new.. LOL

Like he said, H-Pipe sounds like the classic stang. I have an H with flows and it'll scare everyone on your street. You might lose 1-2 HP with the flows, but it's worth it when you crank it up. :)

Craig