PDA

View Full Version : 05 GTO gets a new motor, but still a pig!

ausie
02-08-2005, 06:47 AM
I saw the review on the 05 GTO on motor week yesterday. The simple stats; 0-60 5.1 seconds and the quarter mile 13.8 seconds. It finnaly found its way into the 99/01 SVT and MAch 1 territory for the striaght line shot, but falls short throught the turns. If you have one on your tail, rest assured you can loose it in the turns. They added two hood scoops for 05 to make it appeal more to the GTO crowd. It is about time GM produced a vehicle that would be fun to play with. However, it it does not take off for 05 in sales, it probably will not be out to play in 06 due to lack of interest. I think most GM lovers are stuck in shock when they pulled their favorate pony from the pickings as well as the most recent attempts GM put forth as the Le mans, Nova and what they did to the Monte Carlo. GM takes the fun out of muscle cars by making them front wheel drive and V6 at most. The american muscle car is returning but slowly only when you look at companies like GM and Dodge. Ford never lost touch and has always had a true contendor since the beginning. Let the race begin, again :D . Usually when the big Three compete the Mustang gets better and better. :thumbsup:

WVSNS&
02-08-2005, 09:02 AM
That is still disappointing for the pontiac fans. Oh well. I guess the aftermarket will boom with gto upgrades soon. Cobra fever will overtake them.

John in Va. Beach