View Full Version : $2500 Payout At CMP

johnbasf
02-11-2005, 10:50 AM
AV8SS will have a $2500 cash payout at CMP. :bounce:

johnbasf
02-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Racers,

Here are the generalities of the NITTO tire deal, followed by the particulars:
First, I apologize for the lengthy delay in securing this agreement. I have worked on it since our initial meeting at PRI in November. Having said that, I think you will find the agreement worth the wait. In addition to a contingency program, Nitto will be supplying us with support at the track in the way of tire changing machines and balancers. I will be bringing them to all the events as well as a supply of tires. This is a great deal as it essentially brings all of our tire needs in house. Nitto will also be contributing to the weekend purse fund which benefits all the racers from a direction other than just tires. While we have a one year deal, we have both expressed interest in making this a long term arrangement.
As mentioned on the home page, we will be running the NT555 R II until June or July when we will be switching to the NT-01, which is even more of a race tire. The good news is that the 555 is well suited for rain and the NT-01 is not. If you have a set of 555's come June/July, you can save them as rains while running the NT-01. For those of you used to running the Toyo RA 1, you will find the 555 a very similar tire in all respects. The construction and compound are nearly identical so pressures and setups should be similar. NITTO will also be assisting us in marketing and promoting of the series.
The particulars: First, you will see favoritism shown towards the "limited" class. This is by design as this is the direction the series will be headed.
Both classes will be awarded "Nitto Dollars" towards the purchase of tires as follows: 1st place $150.00, 2nd place 100, 3rd place, 50 per weekend. When we have two races per weekend, the "aggregate" winner will be awarded the contingency monies. The AV8SS class will be required to run the tires in order to be eligible for any and all weekend prizes and purses. The tires will be optional in the "unlimited" class due to limited sizes available. While the unlimited cars will only be able to collect Nitto dollars if running Nitto tires, they will be available for all other awards not associated with Nitto.
Two tires will be given away every weekend as the "hard charger" or "sportsmanship award". This will provide a significant savings to those racers not finishing in the top 3. This will "spread the wealth" of the deal so as to have something for everyone.
A year end CASH payout will be awarded to the top finishing AV8SS "limited" season points finishers as follows from first: $600.00, $400.00, $200.00, $100.00 and $50.00 to fifth place.
At the 2nd Nashville event (Sept.3/4) Nitto will pay $4000.00 to the "limited class". This will be distributed as $2500.00 TO WIN, $1000.00 FOR SECOND and $500.00 FOR THIRD. This will be in addition to any regular prize money already slated for that weekend.
I hope everyone is as excited about this announcement as I am. Nitto is really getting behind our series and I feel very fortunate to have landed such a willing and generous sponsor. I will have details on how to order tires either later today or tomorrow sometime. We are working out the best way to do that now. Please call me with any questions you might have or e-mail me. More to come.............

Dan Schlickenmeyer Director AV8SS

racercosmo
02-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Excellent. I hope all of the best.

johnbasf
02-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Excellent. I hope all of the best.

Dan and Brion have worked their butts off. I salute them for getting all this together for the Racers. Keep checking back because there's more to come. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
02-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Man,
You've been working it Dan. Sounds like you've come up with a great series. Makes me wanna go out and get my comp license and run for some cash. :D

Craig

johnbasf
02-21-2005, 07:50 PM
http://av8ss.com/media_presence.htm

cobrabitn
02-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Excellent!!! :thumbsup: