PDA

View Full Version : Win a Shelby Cobra

Josh968
02-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Like the guy who posted this on Rennlist, I have no affiliation with the organization. Just thought y'all would be interested.

http://www.nvccf.org/index.html

"Yes, that's right. Win a Shelby Cobra, number CSX 4124, and donate to a worthy charity too.

I have no affiliation with this group except that during my correspondence with the chairman I found out that they are falling far short on their sales. Their goal is to sell 3000 tickets, my ticket number is 1213. So they have another 1787 to go. He said they will be running an ad in Autoweek soon to generate some buzz.

Consequently, they've extended the deadline to 5/20, at which time they will have the drawing regardless of how may they've sold, and I understand that Carroll Shelby will be drawing the winning name."

Firme
02-11-2005, 03:20 PM
WOW :eek: that would be awesome to win... :drool:

maybe Jimmy will go 50-50 with me on a ticket :D

PEGASUS
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Yep, thats one dream car I 'd love to own someday.:thumbsup: :headbang:
Its like playing the loto, does anyone understand the concept that your chances of you winning is one million to one. Think about those odds.
Its really great to have people donate to charitable organizations, but it also sucks; because they show this dazzeling dream car to influence you. :(
so you build your hopes up that you may have a chance to win. what happens to your dream when you dont win?:mad:

nice car though, hope someone wins it.:)

Josh968
02-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Its like playing the loto, does anyone understand the concept that your chances of you winning is one million to one. Think about those odds.

Uh, no. They are are only selling 3000 tickets, so it is 1 in 3000, which is significantly better than one in a million.

Also, if they don't sell all 3000 tickets by the cutoff date, they are going ahead with the drawing anyway. So the odds could conceivably be better.

PEGASUS
02-12-2005, 12:11 AM
You're right about that...
Lets just say I've never been that lucky.
Still wish you all best, take me for a test drive once you win..:D :bounce: