PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on MGW shifter

DesertCobra
02-11-2005, 04:52 PM
:cool: Thinking about going to this shifter. I hear its a great improvement over
the stock shifter - suppose to be quiet :D. Does it help with the 6th gear whine we have come to accept ? :(

tazzracing1
02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I have one on my 97 and it was a major improvement with noise that came from the stock shifter and the feel for the shifter is much better. The shifter assembly is so much tighter and crisp and precise. I would say it is most definatly worth the cost and really cost no more than any other shifter that is out there and it is even better that my 02 lancer which is a hard one to beat in my eyes. I know there is several post on this website and others on the shifter and a couple of people getting rid of brand new tri-ax and b&m shifters to get the MGW after trying out other peoples. I would say go for it you will not be disappointed.:thumbsup:

jack
02-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Just as tazzracing1 said, the MGW shifter is the best on the market. Dont know about the 6th gear noise mine doesnt have it. I had a Pro 50 shifter on a older mustang and it IMO is close to the MGW. The gear selection is great with the MGW. I think it is as quiet as the factory shifter.

secondchance
02-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Great info. Did the MGW red handle make the shifter position and more comfortable? My big hangup it that the stock shifter is a bit too far away. An extra inch or two toward the driver will help me alot (long legs and short arms :) ). I get no 6th gear noise either, just a wee clunk on 1-2 when cold.

gnxs
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Awesome piece. It replaced a Pro 5.0 which was a pretty good shifter itself.

Solid piece, EXTREMELY quiet, infinitely adjustable, smooth direct throws. I've only tried the red "street" handle, the shorter blue "race" handle is still in the box.

IMO, this is the BEST shifter you can buy....PERIOD!

Coy
02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
You definately will not be disappointed at all, it is well worth the money. I am using the red handle and did the installing work myself. I also have NOT had the problem of (example), sitting at a stop light and not being able to sometimes getting it into 1st gear. It has eliminated the problem, It is a very wise investment!

jack
02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
secondchance, I believe the red handle is better than the stock one as far as closer to the driver. I must have long legs and short arms because i still could use a shifter handle that comes back another inch to make the 3rd and 5th gear changes easier. I have not tried the steeda shifter but i think MGW is the way to go. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
02-13-2005, 06:21 PM
MGW all the way!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: