PDA

View Full Version : Will this exhaust setup pass emissions?

edswhite99
02-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm looking into buying an exhaust system but wanted some input before making the purchase. I live in TX and we have to pass emisions tests yearly. Will going with a Mac o/r H pipe and Flows fail emissions testing? Is the stock cat before/after the h pipe?

sssvtcobra
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Going with an o/r h or x pipe will fail emissions. But it also depends on what kind of emissions testing your state does. If they do a physical check then yes, if they do the sniffer test then yes, and if they just plug into the OBDII then you should pass, because you should also be using MIL eliminators if your going to use an o/r mid pipe.

The cats are part of the h-pipe.

Hope this helps

edswhite99
02-13-2005, 12:34 AM
So then if I get the Mac H-pipe w/cats should I pass the emissions test? Do the catted (sp?) h pipes produce different sound or hp from the non-cat h pipes?

NewFoundPower
02-13-2005, 02:08 AM
More than likely you will be able to pass emissions but it just depends on how strict the laws are. For example, when I bought my Saleen it had 6 cats on it b/c it came from California. I don't know how tough Texas is, so you might wanna check. A catted midpipe is going to be quieter than one without (unless you are Big Daddy :D ). I have the MAC H-pipe with Hi-flo cats and am pleased with it.

-D-

dewone
02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
We in certain areas of Ohio also have to do EPA checks like stated before if you get the x after with cats you should be OK. MIL Eliminators for those that remove the cats and they just plug into the computer may work however in Ohio they take one of those mirrors on wheels and check that you have cats.
Just as my luck would have it I have to replace the cats I just put on due to the girl at Huskers where I bought them sent me cats that only flow up to a 4.0 liter, and of course that isn't enough for the Cobra. So I had to order another set that will flow up to 6.0 liter. I just have to get them on before the end of the month. Got to wake the snake to get this done and the weather hasn't been to cooperative here. Mine never see's rain, snow...
Good luck

Jesse99
02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey edswhite99, Well I live in Texas (Dallas/FT Worth Area), and the setup you want will not pass emissions here in my area.. But this shouldn't stop you from installing your system.. Since this is an open forum, PM me.. I will give you some Option/advise ( and "No" It's not about getting fake Inspection Stickers).. Later