PDA

View Full Version : Cobra '04 Mods- Need Input

FearTheSnake
02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm interested in making some slight mods on my Cobra and since alot of guys on here seem to have done so, figured this is the place to be for the info. All I've done so far is the Bassani X-Pipe & Steeda Air Kit.

Basically, I would like to step up the Horses w/o sacrificing to much driveability. In what order or process should I go without shooting myself in the foot and causing problems down the road.

Seems like alot of ideas from exhaust,pulleys,Chips, Tuners,HE's.etc... So help me out guys. Where should I start first and then go in what order.

Thanks
David S.

blk04cobra1
02-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I would first add some sort of catback (Bassani preferrably) to open up the exhaust even more...then I would add the pulley(s) with a custom tune (predator/sct/superchip)...after that you should be in the mid 400's and can mess with the TB (accufab/bbk/ported stock)...then I would add some new rubber just to make sure you can put it to the ground...it really all depends on how much you wanna spend...im at 480rwhp/500lbft and $4000 later including installs....good luck

cobra330
02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
David

Do the catback next..which will help. Consider a pulley change but, make sure you do a tune via the methods above so, your air/fuel is correct and so you get the most from your mods. Next I would consider porting your stock blower/plenum/TB...you don't need to buy someone else's..you can get nice gains for around $500.00 by porting your current ones. Then..like everyone else..make sure you do work to the rear to put all that power to street without blowing the rear. IRS have the wheel hop for the most part which can cause havoc in a high horsepower car...

lorahcobra
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
FearTheSnake, don't fear the mods! You can take these cars to 600 rear wheel horsepower :eek: and they are as drivable as they were at a stock 365. :thumbsup: You just get more jolt from the loud pedal. :D So, mod away and enjoy!! Steve :bounce: :bounce:

InfamousSVT
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
David,

All of what these guys have said is great info. If you would like to see first hand what these mods look like or talk tech with other Cobra owners in person. You should head to the Dragday the club will be having on the 26th!:thumbsup:
It's going to be a blast!

FearTheSnake
02-15-2005, 08:31 AM
I certainly hope to make it up on the 26th to meet everyone. Not many Cobra owners in the Anderson area that I've met up with yet. So it will be nice to see some kick-a$$ Cobras and get some good ideas/info.

I certainly appreciate the feedback and first thing will be to finish the exhaust.

cobrabitn
02-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Actually Daniel Bevill is going with his 2004 Silver Cobra Coupe and he lives in Anderson. Maybe you can hook up with him and ride together? :cool:

SVTcobra04
02-17-2005, 04:21 PM
i dunno if you have a warranty but if u do take a look at the thread i started.