PDA

View Full Version : got my car towed last night.

PEGASUS
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Imagine your alarm going off on your car, you quickly walk outside only to see it hangin off a tow truck heading out your apartment complex.

They towed it because it was backed it a parking space when it should have been front in parking only.:mad:
I quickly call 911 but they know nothing of where your car is going untill it is stored at some lot somewhere. I called the number on the fence only to be given the run around.:mad:
Anyway as I waited impatiently the same tow truck returns to the complex to tow another car.(this must be a good investment to get into) I flagged him down and he was kind enough to drive me to the location. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS KNOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR VEHICLE FROM THESE STORAGE LOTS= = =$171.38 GOD DAMMM.I was mad.:eek: :mad:
Anyway I called a friend who drove my to the bank, thank you wells fargo for direct deposit advance.:thumbsup:
I just wanted to share this experience with you guys, and to see if you've ever had this same experience.

coleman
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm glad I don't carry... cuz I'd be tempted.

Firme
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
emm... they towed because you were backed in... :eek: :mad:

dude... I'm sorry... THAT bites :(

Arch Angel
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Damn vultures.

msmap
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
That major sux! Just cuz you backed into a parking spot. Sounds kinda fishy to me.

LadyCobra01'
02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
That suxs! Is there signs posted anywhere saying your car will be towed if you back in a parking spot? Is it in your lease contract?

Kim

93KingCobra
02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
That sounds like BS to me but if it was me I would be in contact with the aptment manager ASAP.....

97CasperCobra
02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I got towed once b/c I parked in a lot where a TON of others had next to a bar during the Shell Houston Open a few years back. Luckily I knew the tow truck driver and he cut the price down, but it was still a little over $100. Imagine a BUNCH of drunk people wondering where their car is and going inside the gas station *****ing at the owner. It was the back of the gas station where 18-wheelers usually park.....still have no idea why I was towed. :(

ORANGE CRUSH
02-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn dude that sucks.

PEGASUS
02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
That suxs! Is there signs posted anywhere saying your car will be towed if you back in a parking spot? Is it in your lease contract?

Kim
No, its not in the contract, but they claimed the signs were posted everywhere.
somehow they have a contrat with tow truck companies to enter and tow violators...I'm still trying to get some money back.;) (kissing as much ass as possible.):rotf:

nckissfan
02-19-2005, 06:46 PM
that is absolutely the craziest thing I have heard of. You are in Texas, you have a plate on the front, right? It's not like they couldn't see your plate #

Codes
02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
I would have been al like :getsome:

spitfire
03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I hope they didn't damage your car, if they tried to tow mine a regular lift would break stuff. I have heard at gas plants you have to reverse into a spot because it's quicker to leave during an emergency. I always try to back into any spot, so I can get a clean gettaway! Anyway good luck, does the signs posted actually say to back inn? :mad: