PDA

View Full Version : New car....well, new to me

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 06:08 PM
After more wheeling and dealing on my end....some have said that I am a transient car person.....I am trading the SHO for a 95 Cobra.

Like the Taurus..but need a backup Mustang for when the 93 GT sells.

I will throw some pics up when I get the car....I need to quit swapping cars and FOCUS on one, or two..maybe three???? LOL

John Chingasos
02-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Post pics of the GT350 and the 93

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Pics of the 93 are linked in my classified ad.....and the Shelby is in long term hibernation, as in the last time it was on the road was early 90's.

I do have some pics of it from then though...see if I can get some up. My dad bought it new (actually it was a demo) and I got it when he passed.

Firme
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Kyle, congrats on the 95 :thumbsup:

what plans you got for under the hood :doubt: :D

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Good question Edmond.....lots of possibilities, no definitive gameplan as of yet.

The car has 180K :eek: (YIKES) on it right now....but it actually runs really well.

Needs some TLC, a little paint, a few dents massaged out, etc. Its red, tan interior, has been lowered...new trans, new front suspension, new tires all around, dumped Flows....typical stuff.

Everything works at 180K, which is pretty impressive....AC blows cold, car is pretty smooth, no really crazy rattles or noises.

Counting this car....I will have three projects in different stages, this is really a driver where the others aren't. I am trying to get my 69 ready to run some of the F.A.S.T. stuff this summer (Factory Appearing Stock Tire). Essentially its a class for old musclecars to come out and throw down on 8" bias ply tires......lots of cars deep in the 11's on little tires, pretty scary. Project number 2 is a hybrid 86-92 coupe that is drag bound with a carbed 351 and an AOD....and then the 95 will round out the group.

This is probably the first time I have considered appearance stuff for a car before mechanical upgrades.....have my eye on a hood and some different wheels for the 95....but that will have to wait until I sell the 93. Engine wise.....probably a 331 with an old set of TFS high ports. I am going to tone it down exhaust wise though....none of the crazy junk that I have on my 93. Getting old and I like to hear my music when I ride....:D

Depending on how things go...might bring the new ride to the shindig on Sat. I don't know what time my football game is as of yet...but if the schedule permits, would be nice to come out. I am glad the 95 showed up on the radar screen....not as clean as that 93 I had for a short time, but at least this one runs and drives.:)

John Chingasos
02-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Since you have so many projects I could do you they favor and take the GT350 off of your hands for you for some CASH. It would look really good in my garage. I would still let you come visit her and I promise to never sell it. :D ;) ;) ;) ;)

In fact, I will let you drive every now and then

TexasSnake
02-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I will likely be buried in the Shelby.....things would have to be REALLY bad to get rid of that one.....knowing that my Pops would rise from the dead and beat me like a govt. mule if I ever sold the car. LOL

I will keep you on the growing list of potential foster families though....no one wants any of my stuff that I actually want to sell....:rotf:

John Chingasos
02-17-2005, 08:10 PM
I totally understand.....

I dont ever plan to sell my 93 unless it was to get an 89 Saleen SSC or any Shelby from the 60's

Please keep me on the list of potential foster family for that great pony. :D

I AM OUT

LATE

jimmysidecarr
02-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Kyle
Congrats on the 95!!!
Great choice for a driver.....IMHO(still has push rods though ;) )
It would also make a great open track car... if you have not tried this yet, you owe it to yourself to give it at least one shot!!
The brakes on that 95 are like nothing else in your "stable"
It will be a ball to drive, and learn the limits of!!!

Fresh brake fluid...(a must)
and a good check over(something you would certainly not have a problem with) and you could have a ball!!!
You would only be running about 8/tenths of its capabilities(just for fun)

Think about it...
Those cars are very capable for that application...
same brakes as my car!!!.... yet a lot lighter!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Levi
02-18-2005, 10:40 AM
When SVT came of age and brought back the Cobra name in 93. :bounce: I wanted an R soooooooooooo bad and found out I could not afford it. :mad: In 95 they did it again and again I could not afford it. :mad: I did get a Cobra in 98 just not an R. Fox and Fox Four for ever. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
When SVT came of age and brought back the Cobra name in 93. :bounce: I wanted an R soooooooooooo bad and found out I could not afford it. :mad: In 95 they did it again and again I could not afford it. :mad: I did get a Cobra in 98 just not an R. Fox and Fox Four for ever. :thumbsup:

You have a 98 R :D :thumbsup:

TexasSnake
02-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Good to hear from you Jimmy....I am pretty happy about the swap, and yes the wheels have been turning in regards to some track time away from a dragstrip.

I had a really nice 90 LX in college that I used for autocrossing and open track stuff.....and I miss that. Got to ride in a couple of American Iron cars at TWS last fall and really liked that...so I definitely had that in mind when looking at this car.

The little pushrod engine that could will be more capable once I can get my engine program going....and that hinges on the sale of my 93.

I make the actual swap in a couple of hours....will get some pics. Take care.

Admiral
02-18-2005, 01:27 PM
What's a driver condition 95 Cobra go for these days? I'm a pushrod fan, could use a daily driver with A/C - gotta be cheaper than driving the SD F250 to work each day, lol.

Congrats on the purchase!

TexasSnake
02-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Well....Hard to speak on my deal, since I am trading a car for a car. On the average, I have seen 95s from 7-12K depending on mileage and condition.

I think I may have met you at the SVTOA shindig at TWS....I was one of the tech guys....

Anyway,the AI cars are pretty cool....if I had more time, I would definitely be into building a car for that. Right now just have to be satisfied as a spectator and ride-along guy.

Levi
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
You have a 98 R :D :thumbsup:

This is true :thumbsup: , at the end of the track day it's nice being able to turn on the stereo and AC on the cruise home. :D