PDA

View Full Version : !!!holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!help!!!!!

WVSNS&
02-18-2005, 12:49 PM
11:39 I just got a call from the "warranty" repair shop for Guardian which is my aftermarket warranty provider. I have been informed that my valve cover gaskets are leaking, my head gaskets are leaking, the tranny rear seal is leaking, and the shift plate gasket has to be replaced. If anyone can remember I had taken this car to the dealer and they found everything to be "within specifications". My conservative estimate so far is "twenty one hundred or so" plus at least a week with out the car and I am unclear if a rental is at all included in the warranty from Guardian. Oh man!!! I am uneasy awaiting the aord from Guardian about how much if any they will cover. I hope the 07 is available soon, this stinks. Any suggestions??

john

Firme
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I have never heard of a 4.6 modular "leaking" like that.. sounds sorta fishy :scratch: :confused: :dunno:

smashedheadcat
02-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I haven't heard that either. I seriously doubt the headgaskets are leaking. Unless you've had serious overheating issues. Also, the shifter plate gasket isn't a gasket at all. It's just a gasket sealer. Pretty much metal to metal there. You can purchase a shifter gasket if you choose though.

Josh

WVSNS&
02-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I called the warranty repair shop @ four thirty. They informed me they were too busy today to contact Gurdian to get a acceptance or denial of coverage for any of the issues they found. So I will be w/o car 'til they can get enough time together to contact the warranty carrier. Oh well, sucks to be me.

John.... va beach pedestrian club