PDA

View Full Version : SLP loudmouth==LOUD!!

sssvtcobra
02-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Just as the title says the loudmouth is very LOUD. I have the loudmouth 1 system with an O/R Bassani X-pipe and it is very loud. As the bird flys I live atleast .25 probably closer to .5 mile from work and my wife said she heard me start my car this morning before I came home. I think I will be purchasing either the borla stinger cat-back or the loudmouth 2 mufflers. If I buy the stinger I will get a Mac O/R H-pipe or the pro-chamber. If I get the loudmouth 2 muff's then I will be buying the SLP o/r x-pipe. But this is definately ticket bait.

casey99COBRA
02-19-2005, 02:42 PM
hahahahaha!!! Well if you were looking for quiet, that wasn't the answer!

VegasPackerFan
02-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Just as the title says the loudmouth is very LOUD. I have the loudmouth 1 system with an O/R Bassani X-pipe and it is very loud. As the bird flys I live atleast .25 probably closer to .5 mile from work and my wife said she heard me start my car this morning before I came home. I think I will be purchasing either the borla stinger cat-back or the loudmouth 2 mufflers. If I buy the stinger I will get a Mac O/R H-pipe or the pro-chamber. If I get the loudmouth 2 muff's then I will be buying the SLP o/r x-pipe. But this is definately ticket bait.
Get the LM II mufflers. I have the LM II and the SLP X-catted. It is just perfect. PM me with your e-mail and I can send you 2 short clips if you want.

Vegas

ausie
02-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Tips for making it quiet: drive for at least a total of 800 miles (not all at once) it will quiet down considerably. The loudness will creap back up around 2000 miles. If that is too loud take out the air silencer (assuming you still have it in place). I have found that not having the air silencer in made the exhaust less noticable so I put it back in. Then again I still have the factory H-pipe and all of the cats restricting the exhaust. Besides that, I love that raw sound from the SLP. You would be surprised what you find following you.

I have had my parents telling me they hear me comming a half hour before I get there to pick up my dog. Is that cool or what? :thumbsup:

sssvtcobra
02-20-2005, 06:44 PM
I love the sound and tone of the SLP, but if my wife can hear it from my work then I think it's a little too loud. I think I will be trying the LM2 mufflers and SLP's o/r x-pipe and see how that sounds. Otherwise I will be getting the stingers and prochamber. Also with the bassani o/r x-pipe there is some resonance coming from the exhaust that you can hear from the outside. But I have noticed that with the bassani o/r x-pipe.

tnturbo
02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Borla Stingers are also LOUD super LOUD. I know 2 03 Cobra with off road pipes and Stingers and they are crazy loud