PDA

View Full Version : Good place to purchase Oval Bore Throttle Body?

InfamousSVT
02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get an Accufab Oval Bore Throttle body? I'm getting the Blowzilla 2200 installed and it's set-up for the Oval Bore Throttle body and I ain't got one yet. Just wondering if anyone knows were I can get just the Throttle body without the Plenum?

Need-4-Speed has them for $439.99 is there anywhere cheaper?

Thanks in advance!:)

SlowSVT
02-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Doesn't Kenne Bell sell one for about $360?

KCCobra03
02-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm about ready to dump my Accufab. I keep hearing a high pitch noise like a vacuum leak, but can't find anything. Idle sucks, to high, giving codes P1506.

blk04cobra1
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
KB does sell one for $369...I would just buy theirs...I just bought my Accufab, but havent driven the car enough to see if it's making any noises...I know you can adjust it, if it does a few things...oh well

ausie
03-08-2005, 06:47 AM
I like the one's from billetflow, but they cost over $500.00. The look like they are well made parts. http://www.billetflow.com/CustomOvalBore.htmNot sure if they are any better than the Accufab.

spitfire
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm about ready to dump my Accufab. I keep hearing a high pitch noise like a vacuum leak, but can't find anything. Idle sucks, to high, giving codes P1506.Don't know if you tried it or not but here is what I did. I installed the Accufab trottle and plenum. But my car too was running very high idle, and engine light coming on. Went to a few shops and they wanted allot of money just to put it on the machine. On the way home I was really thinking about taking it off, then it hit me like a stone to the head! :banghead: I had forgotten to reset my Maf sensor. I stopped the car at the next gas station, and removed the positive battery cable and turned the ignition to on for about a minute to drain any capacitors. Then re-installed the battery cable. The car has ran like a champ since then! :thumbsup:

So I hope this helps! Good luck! :bounce: