PDA

View Full Version : First round of mods are ordered...

97CasperCobra
02-24-2005, 01:59 AM
-MGW shifter :burnout:
-JLT's Budget kit(cone K&N filter w/heat shield)...so I can put on my C&L intake pipe :thumbsup:
-Picked up new rims/tires :cool:
-made my own oil seperator similar to THIS (http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/555-3710.htm) :)
-Tint to come next week :spimpin:

The MGW and C&L/JLT will go on this weekend along with my aluminum driveshaft and hopefully 4-point belts.

can't wait for round two to come..... :firedevil

Bingo13
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
-MGW shifter :burnout:
-JLT's Budget kit(cone K&N filter w/heat shield)...so I can put on my C&L intake pipe :thumbsup:
-Picked up new rims/tires :cool:
-made my own oil seperator similar to THIS (http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/555-3710.htm) :)
-Tint to come next week :spimpin:

The MGW and C&L/JLT will go on this weekend along with my aluminum driveshaft and hopefully 4-point belts.

can't wait for round two to come..... :firedevil

Have you done the subframe connectors yet? If not, put those in front of the tint. Do you have any spare 2.3L engines around the garage area?
;)

03 cobra toy
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very nice !! You track dog.... :D

Levi
02-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Cool, should be sweet. I need some track tires, my F1's are howling. I wonder, what about the new Nitto NT-01 race tire, would it be good for open track. Maybe at the next track event I will have some sticky track tires.

Bingo13
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Cool, should be sweet. I need some track tires, my F1's are howling. I wonder, what about the new Nitto NT-01 race tire, would it be good for open track. Maybe at the next track event I will have some sticky track tires.
Nitto RIIs or Toyo RA1s (toyos are better in the wet), drive them on the street and at the track. The info I had on the NT-01 is that it will be more of a true race tire instead of a cross-over "R" compound. I think they are going after the Kumho V7XX, Hoosier A3S0X, Avon Tech R, Yoko A032x type market.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Hankook V211 and Falken RT-615 cross-over tires. I will be using the Hankooks once the car is running on the street and at the track.

If you want dedicated track tires with a decent life span then I would go with the Kumho Ecsta V710s, a little less sticky than the Hoosiers but have twice the track life span if taken care of correctly. Stay away from any wet stuff with these. :thumbsup:

Levi
02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Nitto RIIs or Toyo RA1s (toyos are better in the wet), drive them on the street and at the track. The info I had on the NT-01 is that it will be more of a true race tire instead of a cross-over "R" compound. I think they are going after the Kumho V7XX, Hoosier A3S0X, Avon Tech R, Yoko A032x type market.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Hankook V211 and Falken RT-615 cross-over tires. I will be using the Hankooks once the car is running on the street and at the track.

If you want dedicated track tires with a decent life span then I would go with the Kumho Ecsta V710s, a little less sticky than the Hoosiers but have twice the track life span if taken care of correctly. Stay away from any wet stuff with these. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. this will help alot. I need a good cross-over tire for street and track. I have a set of rims for the track and need a tire that I can run to and from the track due to I have no way to trailor my car.

97CasperCobra
02-24-2005, 12:50 PM
well seeing as I have an EXTRA 2 set of rims....I think by my next track even I'll be riding on some sticky tires. :cool: I KNOW I can fit 4 tires in the back of my car. :thumbsup:

Levi
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
well seeing as I have an EXTRA 2 set of rims....I think by my next track even I'll be riding on some sticky tires. :cool: I KNOW I can fit 4 tires in the back of my car. :thumbsup:

With the roll bar and batt relocate I can not fit the tires in my car. :(

97CasperCobra
02-24-2005, 05:23 PM
With the roll bar and batt relocate I can not fit the tires in my car. :(

yea...that does suck...get a little tow hitch and a small trailer for the tires. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Here's a pic of the rims/tires:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0359.jpg

Tires are the original BFG Comp T/As that came on the Cobras. Not sure what to do with the rims yet.....I may sell them or have another thing in mind. :cool:

Bingo13
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Here's a pic of the rims/tires:

Tires are the original BFG Comp T/As that came on the Cobras. Not sure what to do with the rims yet.....I may sell them or have another thing in mind. :cool:

Let me know if you want to sell the rims or lease them. :D

Those are just about the only 17" rims I can use on my car without serious modifications to the spindles or fenders.

Codes
02-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Nice dude, I finally got another job so I am going to pay off a little debt then start modding again. Hopefully by the time I go to school I will have a JRSC and some other go fast goodies laying under the hood.