PDA

View Full Version : Best Heatexchanger?

Rodo
02-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Who Makes The Best Heatexchanger? I Want To Upgrade Mine, And Im Not Sure Which One To Go With Lfp, Gords, Etc....... WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF EACH BRAND? ARE THEY ALL THE SAME SIZE?

cobra330
02-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Well this subject has been debated and debated but...I am going with GordsFord...with the provision to add fans later. Yes it is the most expensive but, I find from all the research it seems to be IMO the best..so, I am putting the money out. Especially since heat is bad and could cost you an engine..so, $400.00 for a HE is not bad in comparison.

Here is the link to GordsFords..which has a comparison chart to all the major ones out there.

http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/

Rodo
02-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks Mike, I Appreciate The Info

InfamousSVT
02-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I've got the LFP HE on mine, it's less than an inch smaller than the Gords and cost less. The Gords is a nice choice to go with and will help prevent heat soak. Any HE upgrade will help out, just depends how hard you're going to run the car!

Mike's got all his basis covered for the mods he's doing and like he said he does research each upgrade to make sure he gets the best performance out of what he gets.

I've went with the LFP because its cheaper and I'm getting ready to install the KB, which runs a whole lot cooler then the Eaton!:D

-Jason

Rodo
02-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I Will Probally Go With The Gords. I Am Probally Going To Port My Eaton Soon And Will Need All The Extra Cooling I Can Get. I Would Like To Upgrade To A Whipple Or Kb, But Thats Out Of The Question For Now, Unless I Can Find An Awesome Deal On One.

bassin247
02-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I have a gordsford. It's definately the best unit available.