PDA

View Full Version : upr x-pipe

1-QIK-SNK
02-24-2005, 09:19 PM
i have a guy that said he will sell me his upr xpipe bran new in box. i have a bassani x pipe w/ high flow cats. is it worth it to get the upr pipe(no cats)? i know it will be louder, but will i gain anything big? i thought it was like a 6-7hp increase. thanks
kerry m.

crutch95
02-24-2005, 09:46 PM
If you have bassani cat back kit also I would not. I have had some friends that have put some other pipes in with a bassani and it just did not sound that good. I dont know what it is with bassani but I think that there stuff needs to be all one. No mixing and matching it. Thats true it will make more power but the way that it will sound I dont think it will be worth it. But if you dont have the Bassani cat back I would do it. Just letting you know what I have seen and hard. Hope this will help.

1-QIK-SNK
02-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I have a spintech side exhaust for my cat back. With the windows down and getting on it it is loud and at highway cruising it nice. If i get the ORX it may be to loud since it is right at my ears
thanks

crutch95
02-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Ya it maybe i dont know that much about the side pipes i just know what it sounds like going out the back. Im sure that it will be loud with the pipes coming out the side. I wish that i could give you more info.

venomnous99
02-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I have a UPR OR X-pipe. Even with the stock exhaust, it made quite a difference in sound, but no gains in HP or TQ. Dynoed RWHP! But I have SLP Loudmouth new in the box in the garage, steeda pulleys in the box in the garage, and soon to order JLT CAI. With the combo of all 4 should see some slight gains, but nothing astronomical. Yah, I was like you. I went to the dyno expecting to see some gains with K&N Filtercharger and OR X-pipe. But none. Actually it was 2-3 HP and TQ less than most stock 99's.

1-QIK-SNK
02-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I have a UPR OR X-pipe. Even with the stock exhaust, it made quite a difference in sound, but no gains in HP or TQ. Dynoed RWHP! But I have SLP Loudmouth new in the box in the garage, steeda pulleys in the box in the garage, and soon to order JLT CAI. With the combo of all 4 should see some slight gains, but nothing astronomical. Yah, I was like you. I went to the dyno expecting to see some gains with K&N Filtercharger and OR X-pipe. But none. Actually it was 2-3 HP and TQ less than most stock 99's.
So you don't think it is work the hassel to put it on for the little or no HP gain. Only if I would want it loud, but being the pipes are right at the window it would most likely be real loud with the OR-X.
Thanks

venomnous99
02-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Not necessarily. From what I have been led to believe, it is the combo of certain aftermarket parts that help the engine flow better. So with the addition of the others, it will make more power than without. Hope this helps.

Yellow98Snake
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Qik,

What did you gain from the high flow catted X?

From what I have read/heard, on the 96-98 Cobras, the mid pipe (cats) are the restriction and the catback flows pretty good. On the 99 and 01 models, the restriction is in the catback and the mid pipes flow pretty well.

I didn't gain much of anything from my MagnaFlow catback on my 98. It pretty much offset the loss from swapping in 4.30 gears.

tcrews
09-18-2005, 08:57 PM
What you've heard is pretty dead on, '96-'98 = more restrictive mid-pipe while '99 up have a more restrictive catback.

But as nothing is ever the final word it all depends on each individual car and mods. Typically an offroad pipe will make more power but todays cats are pretty efficient so the differences won't be that great. Also too large (free flowing) an exhaust can hurt as well....as an example an email from a friend of mine with his 2001 Cobra (longtube headers, offroad pipe, catback and other bolt ons.....his exhaust was too "free flowing").

Last year my numbers were NA >>> 308/308

After putting cats ON THE CAR ... my numbers went to >>>>

334/326.</pre>
So you may gain, you may not...........
Qik,

What did you gain from the high flow catted X?

From what I have read/heard, on the 96-98 Cobras, the mid pipe (cats) are the restriction and the catback flows pretty good. On the 99 and 01 models, the restriction is in the catback and the mid pipes flow pretty well.

I didn't gain much of anything from my MagnaFlow catback on my 98. It pretty much offset the loss from swapping in 4.30 gears.